Nz Canam Proxy 2012 - Round 5

30 replies to this topic

#21 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

First of all thanks to all involved in this round and a good run with my car. Score is now 3/2! Between us.

This is always a hard call AFTER the event. We usually stop the event and fix the car, unless the host rules advise other wise. to run one heat again is not
really the answer as the track, drivers etc have all changed.
The lap scores vary so much from car to car over the 3 lanes make it hard. Marks car could have done anything from 28 to 32 laps on blue lane. But he would have lost one or two laps when the gear stripped.
With Trakmate I would go back into the race stats file and see what the lap times are for Blue lane ( for his car) and estimate the lap score then just deduct the laps that he would have lost when the gear stripped. But I don,t know if the race files are stored with your program or even if each lap time is saved.

#22 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thanks to Mike and his helpers for putting on the round.

Congrats to the winners.

Thanks for the repairs to the Ford. Maybe some Kiwi magic will make it go better.
Alan Stubbings

#23 hgpanel

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thanks to all inolved in this round, congrats to the podium winners, pity you can't change motors halfway though the series.

#24 Orakei Racer

Slotcar racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi Phil

Fortunately we printed out all the summary reports after each heat and Trakmate calculates the average and medium lap times for each lane based on what they actually ran.

For Slotsnz on the "blue"(actually yellow) lane then, we calculated for the remaining time of 1.42 minutes that he would have completed another 16.72 laps.

Add this to the actual completed 17 laps less 2 laps for when he stripped the gear, will give him a final total of 31.72 laps completed on "blue".

This seems a reasonable compromise.

If you are in agreement with this Phil, I'll get Mark to update the results.

Thanks
Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

#25 slotmadmac

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Forgot to say thanks to Mike and everyone for running the round. Congrats to the podium boys. Good to see some shuffling in the middle order.
Mac
Podiums are for short people.

#26 Orakei Racer

Slotcar racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

View Postslotmadmac, on 10 June 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Forgot to say thanks to Mike and everyone for running the round. Congrats to the podium boys. Good to see some shuffling in the middle order.
Mac

Hi Mac- interesting enough your car ran almost the same number of laps as last year on our track.

Non-pod cars usually struggle a bit on our track especially with the elevation changes.

Also the white lane driver did hit a bad patch in his session.
Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

#27 nvmyre

No.1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostSlotsNZ, on 09 June 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

Something wrong with the 5th round column? Or is there a weighting system.

Edited by nvmyre, 11 June 2012 - 06:31 PM.

5 x National Champion
2 x National Enduro Champion
2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

#28 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well spotted Craig, took a non entrant to notice. The file now showing is the corrected one . . thanks for pointing it out
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#29 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Orakei : your calc look good to me, the calculated lap score certainly looks feasible and a good results for everyone.

Edited by kalbfellp, 11 June 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#30 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hi guys

I have updated the R5 results and series positions, in accordance with Phil's determination.
Thanks Mike and Phil for the consideration.

For everyone else, I just kept my mouth shut while this was going on, as what Phil said they do in other series, is what we also do in NZPR - have done it in the local rounds where cars have busted, and we were able to repair, but as organiser, I didn't want to push my own boat.

I owe myself a repair penalty, I'll add that into the system now, so it will show as coming off once we produce round 6 results at Henderson.
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#31 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Congrats to the podiumites and organisers.

SlotsNZ I did wonder why points were so low and compared with last year. Guess I should have been braver and asked question. Ta Craig for your initiative.

Will look forward to next round.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users