6 replies to this topic

#1 Scalextric V8

2 x Scalextric World Champion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi All,

I just recently purchased one of these NSR Tyre Truer Machines at Armchair. I love it, but the only problem is that I don't really know how it completely works yet.

I would like some info in how to true your tyres on the circular disk. Do you use 1 or 2 motors? How thin can you get the tyre sanded on the disc?

Also with the tyre treatment area, how long do you run your tyres in for and what are the best products out on the market? I’m currently using the CRC product.

Any hints, tips or pictures would be gladly appreciated.

Cheers,

#2 Chris1810

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I remember Shane A having some pictures and advice on how to use this little beast. Can remember the name of the thread. It was something like "Help with NSR stuff". I cant seem to find the post.

#3 aussieslotter

Digital Dude

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Im sure Jim can show you ;)

#4 jazzbell

Team NSR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hi Jason,

Other than buying a house this will be another good investment your new NSR tyre truing machine.

Posted Image

The picture above is the machine truing the tyre.Truing the tyre is done always with the switch in the up position.
With the switch in the up position it runs the sanding disc and also runs the motor which turns the the wheel and tyre that has to be trued.Volts for truing depends on tyres,normally 6 to 10 volts.

Truing the tyre is easy,turn the knob with the dail anti clockwise,this takes the arm to the disc then the truing of the tyre begins.When the tyre has trued then adjust the bar in front . This a stop to true the next wheel and tyre to the same diameter as your first.

Posted Image

The above photo is in the tyre treatment set up. The switch for this is always in the down position that just drives the one motor.All you have to do for this is run on 4 volts,turn the dail anti clockwise which will bring the 2 wheels together and the magic begins. Tip,make sure you run the 2 wheels square to each other for treating.The block with the NSR sticker on,just pivot that which you can move to square the wheel square to each other.

Treatment times i treat tyres from 2 hrs to 20 hrs,just depends on tyre choice. You can kill tyre as well with over treating.

regards shane a

team thunderbird
21 x Australian National champion

#5 Roger Miller

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Shane,

How are u conical tyring ?

Thanks
...............Take it easy

#6 slotrace48

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hi

Any advice on what abrasive paper to use on the truing disc when the original needs replacing (type of paper and grit number would be useful)

Regards

Ron

#7 Scalextric V8

2 x Scalextric World Champion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Thanks Shane,

Some really great info, i'm starting to get used to the Tyre Truer now. the only problem is that when you true the tyres, when you turn the dial too far it comes off the block. is there anyway of fixing that or am i doing it all wrong. GOood luck in the nationals. I won't be coming this year but i know that a lot of the dapto guys are coming down. they seem quite fast on our track. Maybe next year.

Cheers,

Jason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users