So... Two Rounds in Luf Land. I'm so excited to know my car is going to get to drive the Targa. Hope it doesn't shame itself after such a great start on the Climb.

Can't believe how tight the times are. Mexico has to be up for the consistency award at the moment with only 0.05 difference between Stage 1 and 2 on the climb.

So excited

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to get my head round this I noticed the cars were run at 9 volts. My car is the only one in Team Umbria that has lead fitted. Not much, but possibly enough to slow it down a shade on a hill-climb like this compared to the rest of the team. I wonder how many of the other cars have lead fitted and what it did to the results.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Graham, mine's got some weight added to it. Can't remember how much it was though. It's probably not the heaviest in the field, but it wouldn't be the lightest either as it's still got all its bits attached, lights and all.

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hmmm. Maybe that theory goes out the window as I lightened my car by removing the allowable bits such as lights, wing mirrors, etc.

I have to blame something. At least it wasn't my driving!

Edited by Graham Lane

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

Just had a pm from Luf (this morning actually) and all of you that are worried about traction (or the lack of) will be happy to know that the Targa stages will be run in reverse .........that is it'll be all up hill

DSCN9918-600x450.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Think torque might be more of a worry than traction if it were to go that way somehow.

So.... Is it Monday night yet? Or Tuesday morning? Or... Are we there yet? :P

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

The track is steeper than it looks. :P but with a good run up it should be OK

The last two years it was run the clockwise direction. Will have to see how times compare.

Just to clear up how this event will run.

This round (#3) will be run in 4 stages. An extra stage to normal. This means there will be an additional set of bonus points up for grabs in the round ie: 3, 2 & 1

Some thought there could be two rounds here but the rules clearly state that with each round, cars should run for approximately 8 minutes (fastest car).

The hill climb is only 120 seconds with three runs - no where near 8 minutes.

Stage 1 Hill Climb = approx 2 minutes

Stage 2 - 4 will be 10 laps on each of the three Targa lanes. 10 laps = approx 2 minutes for the fastest car on each lane.

This should give the total event a time of about 8 minutes for the fastest cars. Times will be added with three runs on the hill climb (Stage1) to each of the three stages on the Targa track.

We may get the results of the 3rd Hill Climb run tonight and Luf hopes to run the three lanes of the Targa track during the week.

I was lucky enough to race on this track last year. There is a kink at the top of the mountain that was hard to see due to height and it can be hairy through the village. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I can't see any reference to 8 minutes! Even if it did the rules state 'hosts are free to decide' and 'as long as they follow these basic guidelines', so you can't therefore interpret guidelines as rules. Please don't think I'm splitting hairs or kicking up a fuss. I'm happy to run the cars for 8 minutes, or thereabouts.

4. RALLY FORMAT

In short, rallying is a time trial sport where the cars race against the clock while completing defined stages (routes). A rally event consists of several different stages, often on various surfaces (tarmac, dirt, gravel, ice, snow, etc..), and the car that completes all the stages in the least amount of time is the winner of the rally

In our slot car series the track hosts will arrange the events in a similar style as in real rallying. The hosts are free to decide how they want to present their rally event and organise it, as long as they follow these basic guidelines:

1.Each rally event is divided into 3 stages. Each stage is a single race (stint) within the event.

2.Ensure timing system delivers to 1/100 sec accuracy. Eg: Race Co-ordinator http://www.racecoordinator.net/

3.Each stage (stint) has a set amount of laps (distance).

4.All cars in each stage are driven by the same driver who is suitably experienced on the event track.

5.When possible each stage to be completed on the same day.

6.Sufficient track marshals to ensure deslotted cars are rectified (ideally) within 2 – 3 seconds.

7.After each stage the cars are ranked by time used to complete the stage. The 3 fastest cars in each class receive stage points.

8.The times from all 3 stages are added up to make the event time which rank the cars to receive time points.

9.Time points + stage points = event points which gives the final ranking and determines the winners of the rally event

Edited by Graham Lane

...this is the BIG one!

1.Each rally event is divided into 3 stages. Each stage is a single race (stint) within the event.

Well... this guideline says 3 stages and Round 2 was adjusted to 2 stages.

Actually lads, wasn't the 8 minutes run part of the OzRally rules? Could that be the confusion?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

8 minutes total time, was a nominal figure that everyone has settled on, no big thing

I think that amount of time was settled on as it gave a good run of the car and a good indication of it's potential

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

8 minutes also irons out the differences between the cars. Just one lap would produce wildly different times if one car deslotted and another didn't.

...this is the BIG one!

Just a quick note ,the reason for 2 stages on mine is I can actually do my track in three ways as some would know . But with the amount of cars and unbolting and bolting up of the sections ,I thought I would just run the 2 stages on the same layout . I have done the 3 sections before in Proxys with 30 odd cars and the time factor bolting up and getting grip levels up does come into it, let alone doing it with 42 cars. I'm not fussed how the host runs the stage as long as the 8.00 mins is done .And as long as it is run in a time frame that it wont put the Proxy behind in the schedule. Waiting with baited breath on the next stages . My car isnt a power house so Luf may have to drop a gear or two up the hills.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I can't see any reference to 8 minutes! Even if it did the rules state 'hosts are free to decide' and 'as long as they follow these basic guidelines', so you can't therefore interpret guidelines as rules. Please don't think I'm splitting hairs or kicking up a fuss. I'm happy to run the cars for 8 minutes, or thereabouts.

4. RALLY FORMAT

In short, rallying is a time trial sport where the cars race against the clock while completing defined stages (routes). A rally event consists of several different stages, often on various surfaces (tarmac, dirt, gravel, ice, snow, etc..), and the car that completes all the stages in the least amount of time is the winner of the rally

In our slot car series the track hosts will arrange the events in a similar style as in real rallying. The hosts are free to decide how they want to present their rally event and organise it, as long as they follow these basic guidelines:

2.Ensure timing system delivers to 1/100 sec accuracy. Eg: Race Co-ordinator http://www.racecoordinator.net/

3.Each stage (stint) has a set amount of laps (distance).

4.All cars in each stage are driven by the same driver who is suitably experienced on the event track.

5.When possible each stage to be completed on the same day.

6.Sufficient track marshals to ensure deslotted cars are rectified (ideally) within 2 – 3 seconds.

7.After each stage the cars are ranked by time used to complete the stage. The 3 fastest cars in each class receive stage points.

8.The times from all 3 stages are added up to make the event time which rank the cars to receive time points.

9.Time points + stage points = event points which gives the final ranking and determines the winners of the rally event

:blink:

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

Please know I wasn't having a go, Craig. I can't believe the huge commitment track hosts put into running a round. 8 mins by 42 cars is an absolute minimum of 5.6 hours track time. And that's without allowing for anything else.

'Twas more as proof that the guidelines were guidelines.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

8 minutes also irons out the differences between the cars. Just one lap would produce wildly different times if one car deslotted and another didn't.

:huh:

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

Garry, if you need anything explained don't be afraid to ask! ;)

...this is the BIG one!

Stage one has been completed.

Thanks Luf, 42 x 3 runs is more than it looks eh?

Thanks also to Don (the Hill Climb King) for making time to run the cars - well done and some good times ;)

Round3CanadaStage1Final.jpg

Congratulations to Mexico, Ember and Gazza for their wins in this stage

Great run by Ironman 39.7 seconds. very good with a basically stock car and tyres.

Luf hopes to start the Targa 5 three stages tomorrow.

For this who have hosted rounds know these events take more than double race times and we have a record number of cars this year.

One third more than last year. Expect some delays occasionally.

With higher volts and a more open track than the previous two Aussie rounds expect to see some new names on the podium at the end of this round.

Best of luck guys

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Congrats Ironman for the fastest time on the climb with 39.7

And congrats Mexico on the Stage win. Still can't get over how close some of the times are, even after 3 stabs at the climb.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg