M3Fanatic

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of quick photos showing progress with the off track painting. I hesitate to call it ‘scenery’ as that is not what I want to achieve (that’s code for “I’m just not good at it”). All I am looking to do is create a race track atmosphere and add colour to the whole set up. There is still a bit to get on with but it is nice to be making some progress, slow as it is!

19_Painting_in_progress_1.jpg

20_Painting_in_progress_2.jpg

Edited by M3Fanatic

• 9 months later...

It has been quite some time since my last update - travelling has seen me away a lot. I have managed to make progress though with all electronics functioning, including Trackmate on an old PC and LCD TV I had put aside for the purpose. I have not got the light bridge installed yet as the overhead spot lights work just as well. I will get to that soon.

It has been heaps of fun though as being fully functional, I have had many Sunday afternoons racing with my nephews and daughter when I am home. I will get around to having more advertising signage and perhaps a pit building in the centre area which would be ideal. However, the track has served its purpose of being very entertaining for the whole family and a few mates too.

21_Progress_boarders_and_signage_1.jpg

25_Progress_boarders_and_signage_5.jpg

26_Progress_boarders_and_signage_6.jpg

22_Progress_boarders_and_signage_2.jpg

In between, I found some time to do up a white kit of a Slot.it Lola; a fantasy livery using an Audi R8 GT3 scheme.

23_Progress_boarders_and_signage_3.jpg

24_Progress_boarders_and_signage_4.jpg

Edited by M3Fanatic

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice Jon...

Love the gloss surface, looks so shiny...

Also great to see another Canberra slotter using XLR plugs instead of the dangerous 240v ones...

On that note, is your track posative polarity, and if so, which plug/pinout did you use on the controller end...

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it is +ve polarity but sorry, you are testing my memory (I finished the wiring a year ago) so cannot recall the controller connections. I've not been able to find my wiring diagrams either!

Jon

No worries...

My brother and I will be using XLR plugs on our Canberra tracks...

From what I can see in the pic, you have used a male plug on the controller...

The more I look at them, the more I think that they are Slot Car Corner drivers stations, which by default are wired as Pin1 Black, Pin2 White and Pin3 Red, and Male on the Controller...

No, the controller holders are SCC but the actual controller stations are from SlotRaceShop NZ. Mark from there was great to deal with. Shipping was very reasonable too. And the controllers have the male plug end; the controller panels have the female socket. I also opted for the reverse direction switch which gives me 2 tracks in one!

Edited by M3Fanatic

• 3 years later...

Can't see any of the images??? would like to have a look.

This is a very old thread.

That is probably because the pictures were hosted on a server that the user has stopped using - or possibly a provider like Photo-bucket who have stopped offering free service and basically locked away the pictures.

They have created a world wide problem for private individuals on all kinds of forums, you'll come across it as lot here. Not much can be done about it

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: