Red Racer Hobbies Closing

redracer

After 7 years, we have decided to shut the doors of Red Racer Hobbies. We have a massive inventory of slot cars, accessories, sets and track that we are clearing at 30% off. I hope all of those of you who have visited or talked with us will take the opportunity to grab a bargain and say hi before it's too late.

I would like to say thanks to all the amazing friends that we have made during this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about you closing Adrian. I thought you ran a really good business and had created a good meeting place for many of the racers. As a former track owner I know how hard it is to "let go" of a business that is really an extension of your hobby.

Racers, in this day of online shopping its going to get harder and harder for raceways to stay open. To often you dont think of the "added value" you get from having a track to race on, someone there to show you how to fix your car and having a place to get together with like minded people. If you love your raceway, please, as a matter of principal, always buy from your local raceway.

To have that facility available to you is worth a lot more than the small amount you save by buying online.

Good news guys Luke who used to work at Red Racer a few years back will take over ownership of the shop very soon so it's going to stay open now, which is a good thing for our local slotcar scene

Edited by Johnsxr8

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Terrific news. Good luck to Luke.

I've said it before, and I will continue to say it. Support your local, domestic hobby shop. We're the ones who lose should they close.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Fantastic news. I have never met you Luke, but I pass on all my best wishes for the future.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

• 1 month later...