Does An Xc Bodyshell Already Exist?

choc-ice

Fairlane was the luxury version and was longer than a Falcon. There was also the LTD around that time which was an even more up market luxury car. Falcon was raced as a 2 door and used as a Police Car as a 4 door. Allan Moffat was the main Falcon Racer at the time in the 2 doors.

Scalextric are suppoesed to be bringing out a race version of the 2 door this year in the XB model. Very similar.

Fairlanes were not raced as a rule but you just never know what someone will come up with.

I would not think that there would be very much interest in the Fairlane as a slot car. The XA and XB are available as a resin.

If you are looking at something that might be of great interest over here I would look at either an XD,XE Falcon or a commodore that raced here under Group C rules.

XD falcon

bl66.jpg

Gonna quibble here. I think the above picture is an XE not an XD. XD had the grill running the full height of the headlights. The wrap over bonnet was one of the cosmetic changes to update to the XE.

Embs

Edited by Ember

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Correct Ember it is an XE, but it is the road version, if choc-ice can make a XD/XE the race version had bigger flares.

There is an XC coupe body shell made by aastes, not sure if he is still making them though.

Here is one I modified to make a XB

DSC00129.jpg

And another that I made into Mad Max's car

DSC00048.jpg

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

Thanks guys, I'm now a little better educated :wacko:

I would not think that there would be very much interest in the Fairlane as a slot car. The XA and XB are available as a resin.

If you are looking at something that might be of great interest over here I would look at either an XD,XE Falcon or a commodore that raced here under Group C rules.

I think you're right!

3D modelling a slot car - Dodge Monaco

That's a ZH Fairlane for sure.

Not sure if there would be any market for that besides myself.

A 1964 compact Fairlane, now that would sell! You could make the Holman-Moody car that was raced in the UK by Alan Mann. It's disappeared now but apparently it was based on a sport coupe body, unlike the Thunderbolt (drag race version), which also had a 427 hi-riser but was based on the two-door sedan (lighter car). A couple of clones have recently been built by H-M but the original car seems to have gone missing after a couple of years. One of clones has been racing in Germany and wiped the GT40s and Porsches off the track!

hrdp_0605_holm_07_z+1964_holman_moody_ford_fairlane+side_view.jpg

advertvp9.jpg

Edited by Burglar
ff48s6.jpg

If you are thinking of making a big Australian tank why not that VJ Valiant driven by Lucky Grills in Bluey? The size of the driver figure might cause the centre of gravity to be over to the right though, so maybe only suitable for right turns.

16.jpg

Edited by Burglar
ff48s6.jpg

A guy two houses away from me has one of the Cobra's.

Shame it has all this crap sign writing on it! Something about Offical Pace car!

He parks it between his XY GT and 65 notch back ,stang!

Poor bloke has these in his shed and has to drive a Nissan as his daily driver, and it is only a 370z!

Shame it has all this crap sign writing on it! Something about Offical Pace car!

Poor bloke has these in his shed and has to drive a Nissan as his daily driver, and it is only a 370z!

Yeh poor bloke, my heart goes out to him

Here's a link to some falcon pic's posted earlier ........

http://www.auslot.co.../10645-falcons/

You can also pick up a couple from the Muscle Car Masters thread ............

http://www.auslot.co...le-car-masters/

8c426532.jpg

Will have to post some XD - E - F pics

TRUBLERETURNS3_0.jpg

TRUBLERETURNS2_0.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I think that car is #392. It car belonged to one of the guys from our club. I took it for drive a couple of years ago. There is a story behind the stickers. I can't remember the exact details but it was something to do with a particular event . I could find out if anyone was interested. The guy who sold it now has an XA GT Coupe. He told me at Phillip Island that the Cobra had gone to Tassie. Small world eh!

Choc-ice,

I think the XD or XE Falcon would be a better seller here in Oz.

Alan Stubbings

That 64 Fairlane looks totally boss.

There's something odd about the roofline though. The '64 roofline has a number of complex curves in it.

Also from memory the '63 and '64 Sport Coupe rooflines are the same, whereas the '63 and '64 sedan (e.g., Thunderbolt, the local four-door sedan, etc) look totally different.

Here is a photo of a '64 sedan. You can't see the rear of the roof though.

th_015350395_burnout_122_376lo.jpg

Edited by Burglar
ff48s6.jpg

That's a ZH Fairlane for sure.

Not sure if there would be any market for that besides myself.

A 1964 compact Fairlane, now that would sell! You could make the Holman-Moody car that was raced in the UK by Alan Mann. It's disappeared now but apparently it was based on a sport coupe body, unlike the Thunderbolt (drag race version), which also had a 427 hi-riser but was based on the two-door sedan (lighter car). A couple of clones have recently been built by H-M but the original car seems to have gone missing after a couple of years. One of clones has been racing in Germany and wiped the GT40s and Porsches off the track!

hrdp_0605_holm_07_z+1964_holman_moody_ford_fairlane+side_view.jpg

advertvp9.jpg

Revell have a 1/25th scale '64 compact Fairlane kit available now.

I noticed one this morning at the toyshop chain with that big reversed 'R' in their logo.

Chris.

Late Model