Springbok Racer

A New Concept In 1/24Th Racing Is Borne.

Looks great Ian well done mate . Great cars to race and especially in Enduro events . Hope there is another event soon .

Cheers Pagey

Ian,

The only thing wrong with that Gulf Aston......it is not mine...LOL

We hosted a bunch of the Dapto guys the other night before the MCN with an OAPR LMP enduro at EE.au What a great night of racing with all the teams having been selected to have equal skill level, the outcome was the usual with the first two teams being apart by only one lap at the end....and the field (5×3 driver teams) covered by only a few laps.

Enjoy your next enduro in Adelaide. I am sure Ray, Kevin, Big Mick and Frank will make sure it is a close fought contest.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Ian,

The only thing wrong with that Gulf Aston......it is not mine...LOL

We hosted a bunch of the Dapto guys the other night before the MCN with an OAPR LMP enduro at EE.au What a great night of racing with all the teams having been selected to have equal skill level, the outcome was the usual with the first two teams being apart by only one lap at the end....and the field (5×3 driver teams) covered by only a few laps.

Enjoy your next enduro in Adelaide. I am sure Ray, Kevin, Big Mick and Frank will make sure it is a close fought contest.

Cheers,

Jan

The last one sure was 4 hours of racing and 7 laps between 1st and 2nd that is what makes racing fun

Big Mick

Hi Mick my Gulf OLMP is getting faster and faster as the motor runs in and get a number of heat cycles through it.

Had a play Wednesday night old tyres (from the last LMP race),very cold track and not a lot of grip it was doing regular 6.0 second laps. Could not quite crack it in to the 5,s will see what a new set of tyres can do.

These cars are the best thing since sliced bread.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Ray,

Now that you guys are racing these cars too, we only need the MR boys (Mark, Greg and Brett) to get them going in Melbourne, then we can start an once-a-year interstate enduro. My thoughts are two teams of 3 or 4 drivers from each state for an 8 hour enduro, with a night section included.

We could even run a proper 'Aussie brew' weekend with these and some Slotworx V8 sprints thrown in.

Any thoughts guys?

Jan

Hi Mick my Gulf OLMP is getting faster and faster as the motor runs in and get a number of heat cycles through it.

Had a play Wednesday night old tyres (from the last LMP race),very cold track and not a lot of grip it was doing regular 6.0 second laps. Could not quite crack it in to the 5,s will see what a new set of tyres can do.

These cars are the best thing since sliced bread.

Ray

Agreed I must get mine out again it has been in moth balls since the sprint race

Mick

Ray,

Now that you guys are racing these cars too, we only need the MR boys (Mark, Greg and Brett) to get them going in Melbourne, then we can start an once-a-year interstate enduro. My thoughts are two teams of 3 or 4 drivers from each state for an 8 hour enduro, with a night section included.

We could even run a proper 'Aussie brew' weekend with these and some Slotworx V8 sprints thrown in.

Any thoughts guys?

Jan

Sound good to me will need to see Cam for an Aussie rocketship.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Sent a chassis down to Greg C last week.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

You might need to make another chassis or two after the rest of us see Gregs one Gary.

But our tracks in limbo at the moment, Peter V has sold the flat black, and will be gone next week, and a replacement hasn't even been designed yet.

Very good to hear Garry. I know that Mark P also has a car. So Brett that is all you need for a start. Two cars for two teams and we can have our first State v State 8 hour Enduro. Don't need a lot of practice with these cars, they are fast, but anyone can drive them.

Make sure Peter v H design the new track with a bit more in the lane centres, these cars prefer them between 110mm and a 125mm.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Hi Jan

Maybe you need to give Peter V a call and tell him what's needed, he doesn't seem to be listening to the racers.

After my display of driving skills, or lack there of at MCN, I don't think Greg will let me anywhere near his OLMP.

I do have my eye on one that I saw last month, just have to convince the owner that he needs to sell it to me. ;)

Brett,

The beauty of this class is that you can make your own chassis (including many of the other bits) or modify a suitable commercial chassis.

Get a body and start experimenting. Of course both Garry and I will supply you one of our chassis, but these are only two of the many variations that will work.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi all,

Raced these beauties again tonight. Just when we thought they could no possibly go faster...Garry improves the lap record at EE.au to a 5.273. The fastest lap ever with one of these - nobody has ever gone faster, not even during practice. Well done Gaz.

The boys then started to wonder how guys in the other states are fairing with their OAPR LMP's. Let us know.

Cheers,

Jan

Funny thing is I was running my old Red Roo 1. Still a great chassis when there's plenty of grip to be had, as there was tonight. Always good racing at Jan's.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Still the old original Red Roo 1. Been running different tyres the last couple of races, they seem to be working.

220.78 laps in 20 minutes, average lap time 5.435. Brilliant cars.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Ray,

Any thoughts guys?

Jan

My LMP's got the lights ready to go... :ph34r:

Nice one Ian,

This will be a great addition to the body line-up. Looking forward to it's homologation and release.

Cheers,

Jan