A New Concept In 1/24Th Racing Is Borne.

Springbok Racer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha I wish just dont have the time for slots like I used to. I have changed jobs after the demise of The Holden plant and the work hours

leave me getting in to T Bird once a month if I am lucky. Still very keen but not much in the way of Saturday night racing here in Adelaide

Mick

Oh wow, that is amazing. Well done Ian, that is the best OAPR LMP since we started racing them in Australia. You have set a very high bar with that and it will be a long time before someone else will get close to it. Beautiful, very very nice.....love it!!!

Mark is a very lucky guy indeed. Can't wait to see it in the flesh on one of our tracks over here.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 1 month later...

Fantastic work Ian can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Are you going to do a Toyota to complete the set (yes please)?

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

• 1 month later...

How are people mounting the " shark fin " to the body, what glue do I use to stick all the rear wing pieces together?

Also, I had a body mount come away from the " standard " vine tape I've been using on my lexan bodies during the FLM race at the recent MCN's, is there a better glue, or tape to use?

• 1 month later...

How good was it to see this class again being showcased as the pinicle Scale Model Car class we have (this past weekend at the Slotcar Fest at MrSlotcar in Melbourne). Together with the new Lexan GT3's they culminated into the fastest on track classes raced. The two classes are within 1 and half to 2 tenths from each other, which is very much the difference we have in 1:1 racing. If anyone wish to compare the two, head over to the 'Slot Fest' thread and compare the various teams racing their OAPR LMP's v Lexan GT3's. Don't just compare the two in general, because a fast GT3 car and driver, could get very close to a slow OAPR LMP car and driver. So make the comparison within the same team - or in sprint racing, for the same driver.

It was also good to see such a variety of bodies being raced. We had Aston's, Audi's, Acura, Pescarolo, Peugeot, Lola, Lotus and Porsche - with great battles across the field.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

LMP was a fantastic race and were a great way to finish off the weekend. The cars are so awesome to drive , fast and handle so well that you can certainly push yourself and abilities to the max . I didn't honestly now how close it was to yourself Jan and Mark in the last bracket to sneak onto the podium by One lap 😳 , I'm glad I didn't know or I might of choked for sure . 😬 I had a huge advantage with Cam. I hope to see you Queensland guys keep traveling to events as you have and still are the benchmark teams . Great to see so many new drivers coming on though from Vic, SA and NSW . A real interstate battle as it should be . Fantastic. 🎉🎉🎉