A New Concept In 1/24Th Racing Is Borne.

Springbok Racer

Glen,

From what I hear the boys are already beginning to talk about HSC in February - hope you get the young man sorted before then - best of luck with that, fingers crossed.

Will be good to have your concourse creation on the grid.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Thanks Jan I will give the local boys a heads up and try to get myself into a team . I do love the paint and model side of the hobbie but their is a lot of great painters up your way and not to mention our local guru Cam . Just happy to get involved and have fun .

Cheers Pagey

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Awesome final 2015 enduro last night with our OAPR LMP's at Ecurie Elite.au After 2 hours of intensely close racing, over 1300 laps later, the field was covered by 60 laps across the five teams.

With cars running at almost a full second faster than anything else, using a 25000rpm motor, the handling experience continues to stun all of us - one can simply drive these cars as hard as you can and be amazed with their abilities.

Thanks to all the guys for racing last night and for another year of development in this class. Amazing to realise that without any changes in the motor or gearing since 2012, that we are now down to 5.2's from the 5.5's when we started racing these cars. Just goes to show how we can make our classes faster, without changing motors, gearing or ride heights.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Hi Ray,

Complete mix of bodies and chassis. From memory there were not two of the same chassis configurations and definately not two of the same bodies. This class as you know does not rely on commercially manufactutred chassis and with the lexan bodies it is very much a matter of whatever you like. Basically, not a single body or single chassis dominates.....

What are you guys planning for this class in 2016?

Jan

Thanks Jan keep us in the loop with results and trends fantastic class.

We have a couple of club endures planned for next year including Slotworx, 1:24 LMP, Pafit CANAM/Historic and Mini Z we have a lot of catching up to do.

Not many of our club members have these any or all of these cars so this is a way of gaining interest and exposure.

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Ray,

Ian Mugford is quite up on his OAPR LMP's. So between him and Shane there should be a good understanding. I sold two of my cars to guys in Adelaide - one was to Mike (but I cannot remember who the other bloke was).

Anyway, if I can be of any assistance, let me know.

Cheers,

Jan

Slotcarnut: what chassis are you taking about?? A plafit 1800slpj can run a long can, the 1900 "4" can too. The Aussie Redroo and GJ chassis' are long can and if your looking at Overseas Doslots and Slotfabrik chassis' they are both available in long can.

i'm with Shane with the appeale of them.

That's funny I've sold parts and complete chassis for these cars to people from at least 4 of the top club tracks in Brisbane and I race these cars at 3 of those clubs regularly. I've also sold chassis and parts to Sydney and Adelaide.

Brisbane is the home of this class.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

These have to be the fastest road racing cars going around everone at our club are drooling ever time we see one. When Shane runs his we all get off the track as the closing speed is too great to stay out of the way!!!!

I Just want one.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Yip it is a new year and we all hope it will be a good one.

Last night at BVR we raced this class and it was amazing to see again how close the racing is. The first 5 places were covered by one lap. For the fastest scale model car class around it is truly fantastic to have such close competition.

We have not significantly changed any of the rules in this class since 2012 and it simply get better and better. Yes it is expensive, and yes not everyone will race it. You need a reasonable lane width on your track as most of these cars are quite long, but they also slide less than you might expect because they handle so well. One can only compare the handling of these cars to a good Flexi. If we also consider the fact that they use a 25000 rpm motor with fixed gearing, then all the improvement over the past 3 years has come from chassis development - which is exactly what this class was aimed at - the pinacle of scale model car racing. Hence the name Open Australian Prototype Racing LMP's. So prototyping is what it is about - not stereotyping.

Join the OAPR LMP racing when you ready, ask one of the regulars for help, and we will gladly share our experience, which is based on participation and not on bias.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Finally close to taking part in this class ! Car is close to being done and ready to start some testing . Garry's chassis is just amazing in the flesh . Thanks for getting it to Cam for me Garry fantastic workmanship . Have stuck with my regular Red Bull theme but I think I'm about to pick a new Livery for this year . I know that Shane likes the Red Bull's and I think this is one of my best . I hope all goes well for Hornsby as it will be week 2 of my sons Bone Marrow transplant . Really looking forward to racing with our local legend Jim Patto and Greg Tupperware in the Scaleauto . Also looking forward to seeing again some new mates and meeting others for the first time . Can't wait . 7EA8F579-1F64-4E1E-B435-0B52D0A47620_zps3bfgcnnt.jpgAC2CCD24-2B11-47DC-A19B-F996A1CBB0C5_zpsnutujocb.jpgCC095555-110B-49FA-BE04-FBF746C87939_zpsmxngtgiz.jpg7E449C95-C365-47B1-955D-6870EB061576_zpsjtuot1jp.jpg09056703-0013-44CC-B030-6C732783A229_zpsnquatxti.jpg

Guest jazzbell

Awesome Glen just Awesome.....can't beat those red bulls. Don't worry the master painter Frank here in Adelaide has done us proud what where bringing to Hornsby.

Hope all goes well for your son to Glen.

See you soon.

Regards Shane A

Team Nsr

Edited by jazzbell

Thanks for the positive remarks every one . I'm just excited to compete , there are a lot of fantastic car builders and painters in the hobbie and I'm just happy to be on the grid . Looking forward to seeing all the cars , I love detail and this class has plenty of it . I'm sure what ever you come with Shane will look awesome and bloody fast . Looking forward to seeing Ian's Porsche complete and on the grid as well and I'm sure the Queenslanders will have great cars as well . Good luck every one with the building and testing . Hope to see some more cars unless it's top secrete . Lol

Cheers Pagey

• 1 month later...

Cam,

A masterpiece mate, fantastic.

We raced them tonight and the top seven guys were all one lap apart.....awesome bloody awesome. This is such a wonderful class - the cars are fast, they handle unbelievably and the racing is soooo close. The boys down in Adelaide are going to love racing these OAPR LMP's.

Cheers,

Jan