A New Concept In 1/24Th Racing Is Borne.

Springbok Racer

• 1 month later...

Red Roo V2?

More details please :D

Hi Cam,

Yip, my latest creation which Ian has been waiting for....

Cheers,

Jan

V2.0...

Ian,

Beautiful R18 mate, beautiful ..... the V2.0 should be great on the open Adelaide track. Enjoy, enjoy.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 1 month later...

Looks awesome Jan , great colours , will stand out on the track . I'm keen to find out more about the class . We're should I look for bodies for sale and matching liveries to suit the car ? I suppose Patto does the decals but not sure we're to pick or get bodies from ? Also want to make sure the decals match the car . Is there a site you recommend to help with that ? Great work again ,enjoy your big event up north. Hope you make podium behind Dapto boys of course!

Cheers Pagey

Glen,

Which Dapto boys....lonesome Cam?

You can get the bodies from me, or you can also get a few from Patto's. Patto's do have a range of decals for them. There is also a number of overseas guys that offer them - try Fola (Slotfabrik) or DecalDoc.de The livery and colour scheme rule is very broad, but similar to the V8's in the sense that you can play around with colours and any race car liveries since 2000.

Just check out the current rules for this class before you jump in - my bodies are only available for this (OAPR) LMP class. Great class - fast, but scale. The racing is always close and it is not unusual for the podium getters to finish on the same lap - even after a long drive.

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks for the heads up Jan . I will do a bit of research on all the rules etc thanks . As for the lonesome Cam , I have just seen his new car ! Absolutely awesome ! I think it has only made me more enthusiastic for all things slot car . If this class is the top grade in country, I am pretty sure I have just seen the best car as well . Cam's paint job is a work of art plus Gary J chassis , mate be nervous lonesome Cam's coming your way.

Will talk to you about shell soon , have some health issues to deal with my young bloke so the paint brush will be having a rest

Cheers Pagey

Glen,

I have no doubt that Cam's car will be something very special and I am waiting with bated breath to see it in the flesh. You have the master right there to learn from in this class. The JRS chassis is a brilliant design and we were all impressed by it at HSC.

All the best with the health thing - we all need you back with the brushes as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Jan

Damn Cam, that is absolutely stunning...

• 1 month later...

Good news guys,

I believe we will soon have the Porsche 919, the Toyota, Nissan and Lola Coupe in the homologated body line up for this class. One lot being developed down in Adelaide and the other up in Qld. Please keep an eye on this thread for further details.

BTW - anyone developing bodies for this class; need to have the bodies homologated before they can be included for use in our events. Basically, as the rules state, the bodies need to be scale representation of the fullsize LMP. However, we do allow some widening of the rear wheel fenders to accommodate the spur gear. The body kits must be complete with light inserts and interiors. Interiors must have driver figures with arms and legs, steering wheels and a seperate driver head.

Let us know if anymore bodies are being done.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

• 3 months later...

The 919 is now available from me at a cost of $20 plus $7.45 postage.

What you get:

1x 1/24 Porsche 919 body in .015 lexan

1x set of light buckets in white .010 pvc

1x interior in white .010 pvc

1x traced shark fin in clear

2x traced wing uprights in clear

1x wing in clear

1x drivers head

for an extra $5 i can supply wheel inserts in resin.

Edited by imugford

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I hear a few guys will have the 919 running soon. It will be good to have it on the grid. All our racing is continuing to be very close with many an event finishing where the field is covered by only a couple of laps.

This class is fast and easy to be competitive - the front runners don't get away and disappear, the back of the field is always able to keep them in their sights.

Great stuff, keep it up.

Jan

Well done Ian , great to see the Porsche has passed the scuitineers eyes and will join the field . Hope to be involved next year in the enduros . Just need to fix up my young blokes health and I will be in to enjoy the fun . Please keep up the up dates Jan as I will be stir crazy in hospital with my little mate .

Cheers Pagey