The Slot Shop (Under New Management)

stargate_SG1

off we went last saturday to test their new timber track

we were greeted warmly with enthusiasm by the new track owners

belinda and ken.

the place was full ,due to a party booking and all the tracks were being used !!!

so , while my wife and i were waiting we browsed arounsd checking their premises.

four plastic tracks

and their brand new timber track (non-ferrodore) EXCELLENT !!!!

the display cases were beautifully stocked and very enticing .

we ended up buying a couple of cars and a bit more to come....

i am lost for words but the best part of the shop is

their timber track and their little cafe bar at the back.

attached are some photos taken the day after (sunday, i had to come back to test a few more cars on the track)

P1030694.jpg

P1030696.jpg

P1030697.jpg

P1030698.jpg

P1030699.jpg

P1030700.jpg

P1030701.jpg

and the new timber track

P1030695.jpg

their prices are very competitive and the staff are very friendly

thanks belinda and ken

my wife loves your place

and shes allowed me to buy a couple more of cars ;)

(i had to blur some photos to protect the privacy of other people )

Sheesh end of one era, start of another I guess.

I raced there a few times when Roland owned it.

I remember that Artin extended figure 8 . . . had a lot of fun on that.

When did the new couple take over? Are they forum members?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

the wooden track is for both.

i did try my 1/24th hardbodies , using sponge tyres too.

although a bit slippery , they ran pretty well.

i have tested my mini z s as well .

they fly around like angels :rolleyes:

we ran our non magnet cars against magnet cars and we were just having a lot of fun.

3 hours later , we still wanted time, but the owners had to go home too.

thats why i went back the next day with my camera.

when some so called regulars that were racing there before were on the track with us, they can't believe that my cars are non magnet.and were were running on 12.8 volts only. :lol:

time to get the cars and trucks i didn't want to run on ferrodore to come out :D

the nsr porsche 997 was flying around like it was on rails.same thing with the slot it cars specially the Can-Am cars

i'll say,you wont regret to have a real race on a track like this!!!(NON-FERRODORE THE BEST)

they're open on anzac day , maybe we can all have a "little" race amongst ourselves

"run what you brung" hopefully.

Nice report SG1,i have been racing at slotshop for long while,unfortunately i can't race on wednesday nights for a while as i have soccer commitments ,but i am hoping Ken and Belinda get all the support and success in their new venture.Chers Col.

The Slot It Lola should be hopefully released by the end of this month or 1st week in June (1 to 2 weeks time).

The only downside i can only see at the current moment with the lola is replacing the braid. It looks very confusing plus its only written in italian at the current moment.

I believe it comes with a spare guide and braid (attached under box). I checked one out the other day. They look good in the Flesh though.

Brooksy

Last Slot.it Toyota has a grub screw to hold the braid in. OK once you realise what holds it but no instruction in that car. Hard to see when you are approaching 50.

not as hard when you can barely see 50 in the far distance..........

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

30/04/12 is the worldwide release date for the Lola - I can only assume that's essentially what the note on the car is saying - don't sell until then.

Bit off topic but I do like the slot.it model for releasing cars, they ship the cars around the globe and then release them on a specified date worldwide - as a customer it's normally pretty clear when the cars are coming out.

Back on topic - nice looking shop and one of the few retailers that stock avant slot.

30/04/12 is the worldwide release date for the Lola - I can only assume that's essentially what the note on the car is saying - don't sell until then.

Bit off topic but I do like the slot.it model for releasing cars, they ship the cars around the globe and then release them on a specified date worldwide - as a customer it's normally pretty clear when the cars are coming out.

Adelaide must be the last place in the world to get them then! We dont get to see the new models coming out in advance like other shops. We wont see these in the flesh for at least a week after the release! :angry:

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

You can't "sell" the cars before the approved release date, but there's nothing stopping you from taking orders, besides what better way to show an upcoming release, than by having one on the shelf for people to see in the flesh

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I see a couple of questions about the track which haven't been answered. The lane spacing on the track is 85mm so it is really a 1/32 track but the borders are wide enough so you could run 4 lanes with 1/24 scale cars. Remember though that as a 1/32 scale raceway they do not use spray glue so silicone or rubber tyres will be better options than foam. (I have had some good reports about silicone coated foamies on this surface).

The braid is magna braid. running length is about 70 feet.

This was a challenging track to design due to the space restrictions but I think it has turned out nicely with good vision and marshalling access. Kens idea for the bank at the end of the main straight with the rest of the track slightly cambered gives it a kind of 60's feel. Glad to hear positive reports from drivers.

There is a nice overhead photo of the track on their hompage http://www.slotshop.net/

Edited by RePete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Gazza - on the home page, select your chosen moolar and refresh, (I had the same qstn until I noticed the currency selector)

Cheers

"Don't trust everything you read online" - W. Shakespeare

Nice work Pete, thanks for the additional info.

:)

On the wiring - Wired positive gate and left braid pos, and regular 3 pin socket for controller connection?

:huh:

Hey Steve

They decided to stick with the existing wiring so as not to make their regulars controllers redundant. That is negative gate, right braid positive and 6.5mm phono jacks

The original owner Roland chose as that is how the standard box sets of Scalextric and others come and once established its hard to change without putting all your regular customers out. I know its an issue for visiting drivers but as they say "you can't please everybody".

Keep it in the groove

Pete

They decided to stick with the existing wiring so as not to make their regulars controllers redundant. That is negative gate, right braid positive and 6.5mm phono jacks

:wacko: Bugger...

It would be nice to get all tracks standardised, at least on the wiring side.

Controller connection isn't too bad as you could just have an adaptor for different tracks.

I thought that all RTR (Scaley, Ninco, SCX, etc, etc) cars were left braid positive.

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

:wacko: Bugger...

It would be nice to get all tracks standardised, at least on the wiring side.

Controller connection isn't too bad as you could just have an adaptor for different tracks.

I thought that all RTR (Scaley, Ninco, SCX, etc, etc) cars were left braid positive.

Adaptors steve are why the 3 pin sockets used on commercial tracks are a safety hazard. If someone were to make an adaptor with a 3 pin extension lead plug on one end and a 6.5mm jack on the other so they have just made a device which could be plugged into a power point and have exposed conductors on the other end with 240 volts easily touched. Not likely a racer would ever plug it into a power point but a child might.

RTR cars are all right braid positive thats why they run backwards on Hornsby which is wired left braid positive which is unlike most tracks in the world. I understand Sydney somehow developed its own standard back in the old days and Hornsby is the only raceway still running it.

Edited by RePete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Yep, my brain fart. Cars are right braid positive. Sorry.

So that part is good.

I know what you say about the 3 pin arrangement, and I agree.

I would think the XLR plug/socket would be a better idea than both the std 3 pin, and phono jack.

The only other drama is using negative gate, which makes the regular positive gate diode/electronic controllers unusable.

(Resistor type controllers are unaffected)

But, as you say, can't please everyone.

Steve K.