Wdmcrg Round Six 2005

Vinno

Round six for the year and I must apologise but there are no pics this time as I left my camera at home and we had a few technical problems with the lighting gantry that made us forget about using Bo's camera.

I bought out the big guns for this round and for those there last night you will know what I mean. Let me just say my new avatar goes some way towards explaining what I mean.

The first round of the night was the Ninco Porsche 934 cup round three. The poor old Ninco track must not like the change in weather as it was decidedly bumpy and unpredictable on the night. I tried to keep the place warm in my own way but it was to no avail. Many was the comment of, "Whens the routed track going to be finished Bo?".

It was a hard round but as luck would have it I had my second win out of three rounds with the Porsche 934's. The places were:

1st Vince 119.5 laps

2nd Joe 119.35 laps

3rd Dave 117.5 laps

4th Bo 115.5 laps

5th Glenn 115.25 laps

Then Chris, Charlie, Cameron and Greg.

Second round of the night was Rally Cars and here Joe's SCX Corolla was impossible to touch. Bo had a great run and pulled a smart move running a Ninco Porsche 934 Rally car with NC1 as that is the allowed motor for Ninco's in restricted classes. This is a bit of an unfair rule in my opinion as a well sorted Scalex will eat an NC1 powered Ninco but that is the rules for the year. An NC2 would better suit the Ninco cars when racing RX91 SCX and Mabuchi Scalextric cars. Dave ran a very fast Scalextric Subaru that was very much a Tarmac car. A bit more sorting and this will be hard to beat. The places were:

1st Joe 90.7 laps

2nd Bo 90.45 laps

3rd Dave 90.4 laps

4th Vince 87.3 laps

5th Glenn 82.1 laps

then Charlie, Cameron, Chris and Greg.

Final round for the night was the second round of the host V8 Supercar class. It was a hard fought affair as the cars were slow to get up to speed and the yellow lane was particularly bumpy. The DJR AU rattled around the track but a later test proved it to just be a lane problem. It had to be driven gingerly to stop the deslotting but we all had the same problems as we all ran the same cars on the same lanes. White was also a bumpy lane surprisingly as this is normally the fastest lane. It was good sort of, to see Dave get back on the top step but unfortunately for me it was at my expense. No amount of noxious gasses could change the results. Places were:

1st Dave 87.2 laps

2nd Vince 87 laps

3rd Joe 86.65 laps

4th Chris 85.65 laps

5th Bo 85.05 laps

then Glenn, Charlie, Greg and Cameron.

We seem to be getting a bit thin in numbers lately so hopefully we can get a few more runners at the next round.

Most of us seemed to get stuck behind Vince's cars for most of the night and the ROTTON EGG GAS that came out of the REAR END of Vince's cars meant that for the rest of us our cars could not get any clean air and as a result our lap times were OFF. I can tell you that was not the only thing that was OFF on Saturday night.

Personally I think the Marshall of the course should have taken a firm stand and baned Vince's cars for blowing off too much smoke.

Charlie

Its a sad race night when the results are submitted not to the stewards but to Environmental Protection. Vinno's catalytic converter was converting something unnatural. Thankfully no one was smoking inside the garage.

Surprises of the night, other than Vinno failing to detonate, were:

Cameron's SCX Lancia, with the RX91 showed awesome straight line speed. The bumpy track upset its handling and made it seem nervous but a little tuning will make that car hard to catch. Most of the 4WD SCX cars were noticeably slow on the straight but pinched back a little time on the rest of the track, just not enough to be competitive. If that straight wasn't so long, it would have been interesting. As it was, the results show a clear .5 second difference in lap times between the lead group and the rest.

Chris' awesome performance in the host car event, displacing the track owner himself and only beaten by guys that spend more time at Bo's than they do at home.

And the general comment after the racing was that despite Vinno's best efforts to warm things up, the lap times were slower than in the warmer months. Maybe because its hard to race while you hold your breath. :rolleyes:

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Bump

Maybe the problem we were having with the light sensor was nothing to do with the shadow from the overhead lights but the replacement of oxygen in the air with some other combustible gasses that were being discharged in the air.

Actually now that I think of it probably the reason why Vince’s cars went so well was they run on Hydrogen while the rest of us needed Oxygen and that seemed to be in short supply last Saturday

Charlie

Devious my dear chap,

Is it possible that all those movies may have a few highlights that could be posted?

Do we have the technology to do it? Just a lap or two, not a whole heat.

We'd need to doctor the audio of course. Maybe Naomi Robson could do the voice over.

There was a sample of her work on smh.com.au on Tuesday, but not for little ears. It suited the way I felt about my 962 in the Enduro though....

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

We will look into that Glenn as he is making DVD's of the races. If we get a couple more racers we could have someone film in closer as we would then have enough marshalls to cover the whole track.

As for the curry and gunpowder what do you think Garlic Prawns and Garlic bread is. I forgot to mention the few beers as well. It's better than fuel oil and fertiliser.

Bump, I don't have the knowledge to post a photo, so a movie is out of the question. Graeme has both the software and the knowhow so you might be able to get in his ear next time he shows. I should imagine it would be a fairly memory intensive excercise though. Most of us can do mpegs on our digital still cameras but I don't think you'll get the quality without using a digital movie camera. The footage from last weekend is now on DVD and in the grasp of Joe. I presume he'll bring it along next Friday night. Also, Joe is looking for track design software if anyone can help locate a source. Devious.

Dave

Get Joe to also bring the DVD along to my place on Saturday night and I will get some copies off.

As to posting a movie on the web I may be able to help. I might try taking ot to work and attempt to sort something out (In my lunch break naturally.)

Charlie