HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Unfortunately Bahia Vista won’t be available for Fly Classics next week due to an unexpected trip to Christchurch for family reasons.

We are then away in Sydney/Canberra for 2 weeks. I will have forgotten how to slot car by the time I get back.

Well done Bing Boyz. Thanks for building Falls Road and thanks for the opening night.

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Sorry boys - I can't host next week. Fly back into the Bay around 7pm on Thursday so can hopefully join in for the last couple of races if someone else puts their hand up.

My shed is open Saturday from 10-12 for anyone who wants to come over and check out the cars for sale. The track will be on for anyone want to run some cars too.

Podiums are for short people.

Hi everyone, sorry to say that this is my farewell.

I have enjoyed my time with everyone in the club and the racing. However I unfortunately have a slightly competitive streak. I do not need to be at the front but I do like to feel that I am doing well. At the moment I am tending to be last or close to it, and this is mainly because I am not an instinctive, natural driver. I need lots and lots of driving practice to achieve a reasonable standard. This really means building my own track and unfortunately that is not something you can do while living in a caravan. I made a conscious choice to live as I do as it allowed me to retire slightly early. So compromises have to be made and this is one of them.

I wish you all the best for all your slot car adventures.

If you are interested in any of my cars, controllers or slot car related equipment please get in touch with Mac.

Cheers, Paul Briggs.

Winner of the 1967 egg and spoon race at Wenderholm

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving Paul. Travel well in whatever you do mate.

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Aaah not so fast young man.....the door is always open and you know that slot cars is a disease that can go into remission but never leaves, there is no pill, there is no cure.

Be seeing you

somewhere

sometime

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Rule Number One - No one buy any of his gear it is verboten as I think they say in German

Rule Two - Join the CTRP society - I'll tell what the acronym stands for later

Rule Three - Taking volunteers for a round the clock roster to guard his site so no-one passes and breaks rule One

Rule Four - Read Munter's post above

Rule Five - Re-read the first four rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw3CzmBw8hM

Last thing I remember, I was

Running for the door

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before

'Relax' said the night man,

'We are programmed to receive.

You can check out any time you like,

But you can never leave!'

Paul - consider yourself a targeted man, there is no escape.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Rule Number One - No one buy any of his gear it is verboten as I think they say in German

It's a bit late. I paid Paul for the gear on Saturday and now most is sold or committed. Slotmadmac trading has been in full effect. With 74 cars to move already on my plate I needed to move fast. And I did.

Podiums are for short people.

Kim's away this week so in order to race I'm happy to host at Upham Downs.

We'll have a couple of needier little chaperones / helpers but that should be ok.. B)

Week 4

1 NASCAR/Classic NASCAR

2 DTM [Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft 1984 - 1996]

3 Group 5

Gate's open at 6pm

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

My 6 year old has created a great new class that would be good for our next enduro event. You get a scaley that still has its front and back lights. You then turn off all the lights so it is pitch black. And you race. I'm only 0.24 seconds off my normal muscle car in these conditions.

I don’t have many lights bars still fitted, but could be a fun house class. With these eyes I might need to eat some more carrots.

Hey unrelated. Can I confirm allowable motor for DTM.

The DTM Slot.its appear to come with this one.

Motor: Slot.it V12/4 21,000rpm 150g*cm 7.9 watts @12V

Versus the 21,500rpm orange bell at 9.1w.

I think we agreed to stick to the lower powered one yeah?

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.