10 hours ago, Smithy said:

At this stage Im in but I will be able to get there around 6:45. I dont finish work until 6  

That’s easy - We will have 3 man teams, so we can simply assign you as the 3rd driver on the lane for the first heat.
if you’re still a bit later, the others can just cover

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yes thanks

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Yep. That was fun and great to have some close racing after 1000+ laps. That last rotation was intense! Thanks heaps for hosting Mark and supplying the cars. 
I want to formally apologise to all the marshalls I was rude to - except Rossco who blatantly cheated on one of our deslots, costing us at least 1/10 of a lap :rolleyes:
I also reckon we should put together a koha to cover the damage to Mark’s cars. Bring some cash next time boys and we can sort that out. 

Podiums are for short people.

Glad everyone had a good time. I was a bit worried about how these would hold up to 2 hours intense racing. Thanks for everyone’s patience when I had to do repairs. I now know a few weak spots to point out to others when they are upgrading. 

Thanks for the kind thought Mac, but no Koha needed folks. A few knocks goes with the territory. Thanks Peter for stepping up with  a spare car. I do have a big war chest of Pioneer parts, so will swap out the broken chassis.

(And said war chest is available for others as needed. I stocked up figuring we would all need Legends parts at some point. )
A factor of racing cars with protruding wheels - it just makes those front bushing mounts vulnerable, as they are quite thin.

Gary got nearly a second a lap faster through the race. As we’ve said in the past, these longer races really help a new driver to bed in, and get a sense of lap speed, cornering flow etc 

I’ll do a proper video tomorrow. Meanwhile there are a few snippets on our club FB page and in NZ slot Racers 

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

The race

Mark, well having our coffee at Cupple in Hastings and thinking about other things eg Racing Legends.

How about tubing the Legend front axle, that would tie/strengthen the front end.

20 minutes ago, Pedro51 said:

……

How about tubing the Legend front axle, that would tie/strengthen the front end.

I had exactly the same thought as I was going over the shortcomings that the race highlighted - except I am not sure tubing alone will overcome the inherent weakness of the uprights. But perhaps if we couple it to a generous dollop of a standard 2 part epoxy resin down onto the chassis. (I’d avoid the great JB Weld, as it is rigid and May be more prone to developing cracks from the inevitable shocks caused by the wheel contacts with other wheels/barriers etc)

So we would do away with the front brass bushes altogether - and the front end would be set up like the Scalextric F1 cars?

What do you think? 
What do others think?

9OeQCKdl.jpg

Working on a good one. Building a technical tube front axle mount, it will probably best to crash slowly, (my driving pace), or risk a broken chassis.

How do you get 63mm rear track?

If I have non gear side wheel tight up to the chassis, to get equal tyre outside the gear side mud guard I am up to 64mm plus some, or even 65mm ish..

Most of my cars are 64mm plus at the rear..

63mm was just the max width they used in the HRW proxy. I did have some of mine under that, but we might have been wider with the cars as early Ed last night 

we can do whatever works for us. - I’ll measure mine wh n I get a minute, and after I change chassis on the two that broke the front posts 

Does anyone have a pic of the race results? I can’t remember who won. 

Podiums are for short people.

Yes I'm pretty sure that Mark was taking some pictures of the standings after each of the heats. Probably at the end as well I'd guess 

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Yep, I photographed the final standings.
I haven’t had the home PC going to resize the pics from my phone and upload to the picture server, but after I applied the “height handicap laps”, my team won by 500 laps, and Mac and Ryan’s teams are -250 laps and will have to drive again next week to get back to zero. :lol:

Audacious examples of gloat shall incur some kind of penalty as soon as I can concoct something suitable (that won’t come back to bite me) :ph34r:

We haven’t been at Bahia Vista for ages.

I will put my hand up to host this week, it will force me to make progress on getting the shed back in shape. 

Aussie touring

Scaley F1

GT3