Brilliant, Rod. You had me there!!

Always happy to introduce a new class. Maybe do a 2hr teams race at Oakland one night with upgraded legends to kick it off? 

Podiums are for short people.

24 minutes ago, slotmadmac said:

Brilliant, Rod. You had me there!!

Always happy to introduce a new class. Maybe do a 2hr teams race at Oakland one night with upgraded legends to kick it off? 

Yeah I'm keen on the new class

On 3/23/2022 at 4:56 AM, Bingo said:

1 Aussie V8

2 Fly Classics

3 LMP

Who gloated ?

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Talking to Paul over the weekend and we thought that because we are low on numbers and tracks maybe we could mix the classes up a bit put all the classes we race in a hat and pick out 3 per night until they all done just a thought 

It needs to be Mac’s or Pats and I’m not sure if Pat is out of the Covid woods yet. We can host but I guess it’s going to get monotonous racing on the same track all the time. 

9 minutes ago, Bingo said:

It needs to be Mac’s or Pats and I’m not sure if Pat is out of the Covid woods yet. We can host but I guess it’s going to get monotonous racing on the same track all the time. 

If I have a sort/tidy up I should be able to host next week, April 7th.

My place it is. Nascar too! That will give That Guy a chance to experience new levels of smoooothness with his new ride. 

Week 4

1 NASCAR/Classic NASCAR

2 DTM [Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft 1984 - 1996]

3 Group 5

Please check here Thursday morning to see if I need to cancel. I’ll explain later but should be ok.  

Podiums are for short people.

18 hours ago, RichieA said:

Talking to Paul over the weekend and we thought that because we are low on numbers and tracks maybe we could mix the classes up a bit put all the classes we race in a hat and pick out 3 per night until they all done just a thought 

That would create a couple of issues - having to ensure that all 15 cars were tweaked on any given week, having to carry them all to club.
There is also the possibility of getting say, 3 fast classes…. Or 3 slow nes. I don’t think it is practical 

I am a maybe for Thursday at Macs.

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

We're coming out the other side and can't believe no one else came down with it.... yet.

I might stay away this week just to play it safe but could host at mine the following week.

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

That would create a couple of issues - having to ensure that all 15 cars were tweaked on any given week, having to carry them all to club.
There is also the possibility of getting say, 3 fast classes…. Or 3 slow nes. I don’t think it is practical 

I a, a maybe for Thursday at Macs.

The idea was that whoever was hosting could do a draw out of the classes so you'd know what you had to prepare up front. We could get really smart and do a draw at the beginning of each cycle. 

• Like 1

Anyone got any brill cream smooth new car smooooth new controller need to work on the smooth operator hahaha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RichieA said:

Anyone got any brill cream smooth new car smooooth new controller need to work on the smooth operator hahaha

That operator is smooth enough. 

• Upvote 1

Fighting talk…..:lol: Have cars will travel, see you in the cave.

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

A quick edit from racing last night.

great to have 11 racers, even with so many away. Thanks Mac for hosting

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:53 AM, Capri-corn7 said:

We're coming out the other side.

I might stay away this week just to play it safe but could host at mine the following week.

Despite my earlier offer, this offer from Pat sounds a safer bet. I will step up if Pat comes down with…….,

Following 2 weeks away, and as designated driver,  I am seeing time in the shed competing with  drapes and upholstery being organised for  the final stages of the house makeove

ps. Tony and Sue in Nelson runs a good race meeting, I had fun weekend. The quality of the racing at the head of the field is seriously awesome.

Edited by Pedro51
Add ps.

Gentlemen and scholars, rogues and reptiles, and anyone I may have overlooked 

Let us gather at Oakland Raceway this week, and do what Mac suggested. We will hold a teams race with upgraded Pioneer Legends. 

Gathering from 5:30pm, to give everyone some track time with the cars, and while we sort the teams for the race. 
For the new among us, we will sort out the composition of the teams on the night. as we see who comes.
We try and seed the teams as equally as possible.
30 minutes each lane, with equal time on each lane, for each team member.
Team drivers change under green flag.
2 minutes more-or-less between lane,  for potty on food breaks. 
If any car breaks down we pause (yellow flag), repair, then resume, so no team is handicapped. 
Such races are taken deadly UN-seriously, and fun, sledging and jokes are compulsory.
Race begins at 6:30pm
I will supply all cars.
Cost - bring food and beverages as always

At this stage Im in but I will be able to get there around 6:45. I dont finish work until 6  

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.