It seems like we were just at Bahia Vista but I thought to see if we want to return this week.

I leave next weekend for Nelson followed by a road trip further south. We don't have a schedule beyond racing in Nelson, but I expect to be away for 4 or 5 Thursdays minimum.

what week are we racing 

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

+1

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

I am looking like a maybe at this stage

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Munter struggling for a sense of direction at the moment...getting loster by the minute 

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

15 minutes ago, munter said:

Munter struggling for a sense of direction at the moment...getting loster by the minute 

What you obviously need then, is some leading astray from slot brothers. 

Wisdom quote of the day "Too much resin makes Jack, Peter, Martin, John  a dull boy" 

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Yes that resin is pretty smelly stuck.......I have experience in this matter now. 

oh by the way I am in For Thursday

I am now a bit 50/50. I whacked my controller hand on our bike carrier yesterday. Left fist feels a bit like i have just done a couple of rounds bare-knuckle down at the local sports bar discussing  the merits of various trans-tasman super rugby franchises.  Peter, I'll message you later today so you know either way.

- If I don't make it - Smithy, Bingo, I have all your stuff sitting on the track. Just holler if you need it, I should be home most of today except lunch.
- I also have a couple of Legends white kits sitting here, one is for Mac, I forgot who the other one is for.
- Received a care package yesterday. It had a wide range of spares for all the Legends. Everything except whole bodies and motors. So I have a few each of every type of trim from bumpers to mirrors, grills, step plate pieces, chassis, wheels, tyres. I have them in a box with a print out of what they cost, so everyone can use them to fix any cosmetic damage.

legendsparts.jpg

This is what cars are left - 5 colour cars including one gold-chrome dealer special with paint blemishes, one odd white kit, and a few more kits still to come,
along with the decal sets I ordered - those are from USA, and somewhere in the possession of USPS the past month. Last seen in Los Angeles 24th May....

sparelegends.jpg

On 6/3/2021 at 9:14 AM, SlotsNZ said:

I am now a bit 50/50. I whacked my controller hand on our bike carrier yesterday. Left fist feels a bit like i have just done a couple of rounds bare-knuckle down at the local sports bar discussing  the merits of various trans-tasman super rugby franchises.  Peter, I'll message you later today so you know either way.

- If I don't make it - Smithy, Bingo, I have all your stuff sitting on the track. Just holler if you need it, I should be home most of today except lunch.
- I also have a couple of Legends white kits sitting here, one is for Mac, I forgot who the other one is for.
- Received a care package yesterday. It had a wide range of spares for all the Legends. Everything except whole bodies and motors. So I have a few each of every type of trim from bumpers to mirrors, grills, step plate pieces, chassis, wheels, tyres. I have them in a box with a print out of what they cost, so everyone can use them to fix any cosmetic damage.

legendsparts.jpg

This is what cars are left - 5 colour cars including one gold-chrome dealer special with paint blemishes, one odd white kit, and a few more kits still to come,
along with the decal sets I ordered - those are from USA, and somewhere in the possession of USPS the past month. Last seen in Los Angeles 24th May....

sparelegends.jpg

Those legends cars look awesome. We were talking about them 10 years ago Mark. 

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired

8 hours ago, SLOTJOCKEY said:

Your memory is better than mine young Mike...  Must have been some kind of knock off or something? 

This range of slots from Pioneer was only started about 2 years ago.  But shoot, they are a load of fun. 
Just seeing them circulate, clash the protruding wheels like an F1, and tumble makes you remember why we are in this loopy hobby . .  some of us anyway.
Some of have got lost along the way, and need help getting back into the fold - - - -  not looking at anyone in particular.

Crazy dimensions 63mm "square" track and wheelbase - I imagine the real things are about that proportion too.legendsdirt.jpg

See, you'd feel right at home racing these.

Potential for at least a couple more body shapes there in those pics guys. #33 at top and #96 below.... love that #96
And look, one with mags, does that mean I can race my Christmas mags one.....

legendsdirt2.jpg

And real size.

legendsdirt3.jpg 

legendsdirt4.jpg

Yes folks, it has finally dawned on me that we really are driving a scale model of a scale model  

On 6/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, SLOTJOCKEY said:

I remember. I think it's taken Jules from Pioneer that long to get through all his production issues and make them available for sale. 

Podiums are for short people.

Ok Lad's time for Falls Road & once everyone is here the "Bings" have a proposal to put to the masses.

Gates open 18:00

Legends

DTM

Group 5

Sounds intriguing. Sadly, I'll be away this week - Nelson for the Thunderslot meet. 

Yep !

I also have a proposal, being that because we have good numbers turning up these days (makes for a later night) would it be good to consider starting at 6.30. Most racers are there just after 6 and any who intend to come but maybe a little late can still be added to the heats. I would think it still allows time for a practice and a bit of a chatter catch up. Just a thought, but good to know what you all think.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Rodsun said:

would it be good to consider starting at 6.30. Most racers are there just after 6 and any who intend to come but maybe a little late can still be added to the heats. I would think it still allows time for a practice and a bit of a chatter catch up. Just a thought, but good to know what you all think.

Good scheme. I am all for this. I always try to get racing underway asap when I am hosting. 

I'll be there, and I am quite happy with an official 6:30pm start - we've mostly been doing it anyway. If someone wants to be in the first race, but is likely to be a little late, they just need to signal that in advance, and we will make sure we place them at the end of the heat roster  (sometimes adding a driver during a race crashes some versions of Trackmate)

Was that the Bing Proposal?, or did you have something tastier - like handing out small chests of gold to the shortest drivers ..... just wondering.

No Gold sadly but Ryan and I were wondering if once Pedro gets back we do a 2 cycle run of Legends at each track and have a cumulative winner at the end. We did this with fly classics. 

That was the proposal. 

On 6/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Bingo said:

That was the proposal. 

Good Idea. 

The Oakland Anarchist is ready to rumble.

BTW - if there is anyone in club who was thinking about a new controller, I have burned through half my Difalco stock in a week. So speak up - I can put aside for you, that's no problem if needed.