I am likely to be tied up too. Let's give Easter a break and heads to Macs next Thursday.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Just had an email from Les in Whakatane.  He will be at our clubnight next week, as will Alan who was with us 2 weeks recently.
Both getting some track time at Thunder Road before the event starts on the Friday.

I THINK "The Handler" said yesterday he and the Reptile will both be there Thursday as well to refamiliarise. 
He also reckons he is about able to get back into club racing now as things quiet down a LITTLE over winter.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Just took my first FF050 motor pod off the resin printer........wow what a difference in quality and look

Top is resin printed. Bottom pic is the two different techniques side by side.

lpcDEKP.jpgiIRq6in.jpg

Edited by Bingo
Adding Photos
  • Like 1

Just tossing up the classes for Mac's on Thursday, for visitors as well as locals.
Fortuitously - unless you break it, we are due to run DTM at club as well.

I'll have some spare cars for those who don't have all the right classes. My spare NASCAR may resemble a pooch with a gammy leg though.

Week 4

1 NASCAR/Classic NASCAR

2 DTM [Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft 1984 - 1996]

3 Group 5

I unsure if I will be there this Thursday

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

2 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

I will be there.

We'd sure hope so. Someone needs to ensure Race Catering brings out the tray of Slot Dogs :)

Don’t be surprised if munter makes a surprise visit.

I heard he is thinking of it.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

What boats? Are we foiling?

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

4 hours ago, Mad-Marty said:

Martys in.

Racers Ready?   I'm in.

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

It will be interesting to hear "Racers Ready" in stereo.

Let the race controller wars begin.  - I am taking money on JK just sitting on him and holding his nose till he goes purple....

I won't be there tonight

I have also had to pull out of the DTM so have a great weekend

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Sorry to hear that Crockett. 
Go well 

• Like 1

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

On 3/30/2021 at 3:23 PM, SlotsNZ said:

Just had an email from Les in Whakatane.  He will be at our clubnight next week, as will Alan who was with us 2 weeks recently.
Both getting some track time at Thunder Road before the event starts on the Friday.

I THINK "The Handler" said yesterday he and the Reptile will both be there Thursday as well to refamiliarise. 
He also reckons he is about able to get back into club racing now as things quiet down a LITTLE over winter.

Handler and I absent tonight. Handler in the Naki. Also wondering about timing for the weekend? 

maybe a return on the cards too. Looks like I’ll be stuck here a little longer than expected, so best to keep myself busy. Looking forward to nerfing you all on Sat.

Hi HB.

Who is The Handler. Is he/she bringing their cars. We race 1/32nd Hard Body/RTR slot cars in Taranaki in case you did not know. Also plenty of spare cars if required.

Might be a bit short notice to organise race meeting (we have just had one of the Wellington guys here) but visitors always welcome. We are a friendly bunch.

A phone call or text always welcome - 06 7512879 or 027 6400 504. Our next official race meeting in 18/4/2021 if that is of interest. Classes run include Standard Scaly GT's, Aussie V8's, Group C, Muscle car, Group 5 saloons, Open GT and sometimes F1.

Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

The slot dogs were extra amazing. The cheese was warm and goooey, the sauce was in exactly the right proportions, and I am disturbed at the report that someone called a small amount of excellent caramelisation "burned" - we should cast them into the outer darkness for putting our future feeding at risk by offending the sous chef.
Just think lads, we have a trail of deliveries coming from the kitchen extraordinaire this weekend. All hail Race-Catering.

Charles - "The Handler" is Brendon. He will have been over there servicing his farmer clients, so dead busy during the week, but hastening back tonight in preparation to race the DTM Saturday - along with our resident Snake - aka Michael. [The nicks are a long story - an in-house joke that goes back about 10 years]

15 hours ago, thesnake said:

Handler and I absent tonight. Handler in the Naki. Also wondering about timing for the weekend? 

maybe a return on the cards too. Looks like I’ll be stuck here a little longer than expected, so best to keep myself busy. Looking forward to nerfing you all on Sat.

get ya butt back in club where it belongs, you miserable Nerfing-Viper-ex-Scarfie. We need fresh-ish meat to kick, even recycled meat.
- Sorry you are stuck in the Bay longer, but we'll assist with boredom relief until you can escape small-town.

Here's the weekend program. If you aren't working today, I could bring you out with me, if you don't have a car - leaving Taradale at 9:30am for Macs.

Friday

10am      Doors open for practice, preference for visiting drivers

4pm        Driver briefing

4:15pm Scrutineering Opens, cars then go to Parc Ferme

6pm        Scrutineering finishes and track closes

6:30pm  228 Guppy Road, Taradale. Pizza  drinks provided. Slot Shop open 

Saturday

8:45 am         Venue opens, qualifying order posted

9:10 am         Qualifying begins

10:00 am  Race One begins

11:30 am Race Two begins

1.00 pm  Lunch break (if we are on time, or when race 2 finishes)

2:30 pm  Race Three begins
(may alter depending upon how we are going for time)

7.00 pm Dinner and presentations at the Thai Lotus restaurant, Gloucester Street Taradale. [ Own Cost ] They have a bar, and also BYO for wine $5 a bottle.  They will have 5 chefs out back Saturday night, so all our meals can be presented in a fairly short space of time.

Sunday

9:30 am  228 Guppy Road open for some friendly racing, Group C and Group 5. And I will have the shop open.

11:30am She’s all over rover.

Thanks Mark. At least I know one of you guys knows where the West Coast NI is.

Hope good contingent of HB going to support 1/32 RTR Hard Body  Nats late May. Sure Ivan and Dave will put on a good event.

Regards Chas Le Breton