Thanks for the great evening Viv. & thanks everyone for the help, advice & banter (& spare parts -Craig).

Must stop playing with MDF & get my cars better sorted for next time...

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

apart from the dodgy beggar that limped in, raced, never marshalled a car and ran away again soon as one class had finished......

sorry about that guys. Was the timing system okay after I left (apart from lack of power control) - That should be easily fixable.

Either a wire to control the relay broke off, or is is still too long, and the fine wire too thin, so voltage drop is leaving insufficient grunt to trigger the power relay. I know that was an initial problem when Viv and I installed it, but thought I had it sorted.

Viv is going to try running some heavier, and maybe shorter wires from the Trackmate board to the relay to fix it.

The timing system was OK except when I had you flip flop the yellow and red lanes to change the rotation of heats direction, it was counting laps in the wrong lanes. Lane 1 was still yellow and Lane 3 was still red because that was how the sensors were wired I'd guess. Anyway I flipped it back to the original setup and it went fine.

But yes the power control was not working. I think it only worked once on the very first heat of the night.

I'm sure Viv and you will sort it out.

Thanks Viv and everyone else for a fun night of racing.

VP HBCC

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Wonky timing = no way to determine winners or losers = less pressure = more fun! Leave it the way it is Viv! :)

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Wonky timing = no way to determine winners or losers = less pressure = more fun! Leave it the way it is Viv! :)

never thought I'd hear you say that . . . . Obe Won Kenobi-mike would have a heart attack

We can fix the timing . . . . . then allocate you to randomly drive against other peoples names class by class or lane by lane . . . see, easy sorted :)

very stimulating nite thanx viv,at least i won the drag race.mac uhook the feed bag and take a breath.dont yah feel the need for some gloat?

The older i get, the faster i was.

Hi Guys

Went to Wings Over Wairarapa on the weekend and had alot of fun. Tried to get photos up but don't know how. Anyway weather was fine but their was strong winds so the fragile aircraft (WWI) couldn't fly. I still got to see the main aircraft the De Havilland Mosquito the only one flying in the world.

Sadly there were no flying snakes DAMN!

SNAKE!

Edited by Michael C

Its not over until the Snake goes SSSSSSSSSSSS

I measured my garage today...too small for Chris' track.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I thought you'd have a flowing 3 lane masterpiece completed by now. Come on, we gave you ALLLLLLLLLLL summer holidays, barely a single razzy, 3 weeks off racing, and all you can come up with is a buckled measuring tape and a "fitting fail" ????

To borrow a phrase from the V32 gang - build yer flamin' track Eno Munter whip.gifwhip2.gif

I measured my garage today...too small for Chris' track.

:huh: I'm suprised you measured, considering Chris' track suits outright speed.

5 x National Champion

how muchie, we all want to know?or is it just a rumours.just build a bigger shed munter!!!!!!

The older i get, the faster i was.

Buy it Craig ! if you dont I might...that is an awesome garage

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I went through that house last year. House is a bit pokey but the garage is awesome. Mezzanine floor upstairs with plenty of room for a track. Only real problem was that it wasn't big enough to fit my cars because of a room at the back of the garage, with a load bearing wall. Could be fixed of course, but cost was indeterminant.

5 x National Champion

Craig Was there a lot of Motorway noise in the background when you went through the house and out the back?

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

30K above CV, and the CV is ludicrous for that street anyway to my thinking. Roscoe will have the lowdown/good oil on it.....

I'd day it won't sell. my guess is anything above 230K would be a "win" for the seller.

Mind you, the listing agent is one of the best vendor's go betweens around, so who knows what Rod might talk it up to.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I nominate nvmyre as my proxy driver for the week. Have a good one.

Smithy is over tomorrow night doing things for me, so holler b4 then if you need anything taken out to club.

A mate and I viewed it last year on a Sunday around 1pm and neither of us remember much noise. I suspect at night it might be more noticeable. I quite like road noise though so no problem for me.

I would be interested to get Ross' opinion. We recall the price was over 300k last year. The listing went inactive for a few months but I think it was first on the market 9 months ago. CV seems in line with other properties on that street, taking into account the additional $$$ spent of the garage/workshop. The neighbourhood looked ok, but the direct neighour on the left hadn't mowed his back yard in about 10 years, but had trampled a small path to the clothesline. Barrels and old car shells up the driveway, curtains closed middle of the day etc etc.

Am currently looking at a 3 bedroom house down Gordon Rd with single garage on 1166sqm section for 210ish. Mate's mate built a 20x9 garage on his section in Clive for $40k.

5 x National Champion

My place Thursday

House class.

Fly Capri

GT

Cheers Mac - unfortunately wifey is away & left me holding the baby.

I could make her up a bed on the shed couch but I think the gnashing of teeth (car & drivers) & the gloat noise would probably be too much...

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

While the rest of you loose pizzled, broken arsed, numb-nutted losers watched Coro St re-runs on your knock off smartPhones, a few hardy, highly talented, handsome slotheads hit the Thunder Road shed and enjoyed some of the best racin' our club has ever seen. It was ELECTRIC!

The pits have never looked cooler...

lowrider.jpg

And the racing has never been faster. In years to come when we talk about the 6.3s Ninco Porsche.... the 5.9s FLY Capri and the sub7s Cartrix, a few of us will know we were there.

The question is "Where were you?"

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Even though we were down on numbers I really enjoyed the company and hospitality that was thrown around. THANKS MAC

My Group 5 is a bit ummmmm smashed up but never mind that is racing. Needs a doctor :rolleyes:

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.