Sad news indeed, I only meet and raced with Keith a few times and was always a pleasure. He was a nice guy

On the positive  side of life I got a tour of Pedro's  new cave today

I am very very very jealous now and the track extension is looking really good

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, SlotsNZ said:

Guys, I have been deserted until after lunch, so just loitering about
if anyone wants to spend some time in my cave using the lathes sorting car issues together etc, - esp. if you need to use my NSR one for those wheel/axle sizes, test cars etc, you're welcome from about 9:30  to lunch-ish - brig food, and you can stay till the mrs kicks you out :)

Now I am officially a "nerfing b'tard" I am offering shoulder -lean lessons from 11am :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tail Whip is my speciality’s 

Will be there but no cars in those classes. Still working on my Fly Classic. Will try and have it ready

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

14 hours ago, Smithy said:

Will be there but no cars in those classes. Still working on my Fly Classic. Will try and have it ready

I am sure we can sort loan cars. I have a FLY classics and LMP covered. Who has a spare Aussie V8?

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

4 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

I am sure we can sort loan cars. I have a FLY classics and LMP covered. Who has a spare Aussie V8?

I'll dig through and find one. 

-Smithy, how awake will you be this week - so I can decide how slow a one I need to give you .... :D:D:D:D:D:D

It's been quite a while since I worked up a car, so took on an old scalex beetle to get back in the game. Lowered all around. New gear / pinion / tyres / wood guide. Lightweight interior. New front spoiler. Rush paint job. Rush everything actually; this one took about 3.5 hours from go to woah - including the spray paint / decals / matt clear coat. Haha. 

hGoa8Zel.jpg

I still get a kick out of transforming these old clunkers into sweet runners, and this one handles especially well. Lapping in 7.5s on new tyres so probably down to 7.3s over time.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

I still get a kick out of transforming these old clunkers into sweet runners,

Yep, I agree. That is one of the best parts of "the job"

Great fun in the cave tonight boys.  The driver standard keeps going up and my dices in FLY Classics with Crockett were the most intense I've had all year. So much fun. BOOYAH. 

23 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

my dices in FLY Classics with Crockett were the most intense I've had all year. 

Sure was great racing Mac, I love those full on dices

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Well progress in the shed is slow but moving forward

Put replacement strips of board around the bottom of the walls yesterday

Plugged  computer in but no joy as it wouldn't go past the screen with all the geek words, needed to push F1 but no go

So set up the old laptop, not ideal but it is better than nothing. But this afternoon I had another play with the computer and discovered  that the keyboard wasn't  talking to the hard drive 

So the good news is the computer has survived the flood and is up and running again

Now to get all the crap sorted and stored back under the track

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

29 minutes ago, David Carter said:

Well progress in the shed is slow but moving forward

Now to get all the crap sorted and stored back under the track

Has it occurred to you, that now would be the perfect moment to declare the wall with the side door "unsound" and in need of replacement, and accidentally pour a new footing for it 2 metres further inside the yard. I reckon if you held your tongue right and worked quickly, the extension would be up before she noticed.............. :)

Sheesh Peter, I dunno, you are fair cracking along. Great to see what the final new design will look like. 
Going to be challenging to learn the limits on the big sweeper and the front straight.

Will you move the driver stations, or are we buying new binoculars :):)

I have to move the drivers stations, the track is a bit higher - more storage underneath, so apart from Mac and Ryan we would need boxes to stand on to see the top of the flyover. 

I should get the braid recesses routed tomorrow, then onto painting the new section.