4 hours ago, Bingo said:

Dave I can help on Saturday if you need hands. I have a trailer you could borrow if you don’t have one

I have access  to about 5 trailers and a flatdeck ute so all good there, thanks for the offer

I have to pull everything thing out and go through it all, some stuff are in plastic boxes but the wife has decided to get rid of heaps of stuff BOOOYEAH!!!!, been trying to get her to do that for years

As for the carpet I will have to cut it and pull it out in sections and go from there, shouldn't  be to hard. Will take the skirting boards off and see what it is like behind them. I can replace them easy enough

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Adding in my 5c here boys. Sorry to hear about those that have had and flood damage. Dave, I cant help this weekend, sorry -  we have a house load of out of town guests. 

Go hard at the Bing Ring tonight. Get that gloat. See you next week. 

Podiums are for short people.

S#%t   sorry Dave  - forgot I'd committed to going to the Manfield Classic on Saturday - but defo free Sunday... 

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

More fast n furious racing at Falls Road (aka the Bing Ring)

d8WZLcxl.jpg

Good to see most of you were on your best behaviour - must have been due to the Police presence...

Thanks for a cool night lads.     

Yeah another good night. I was a bit gutted  that I was having some controller  issues in 65-80 class as the Ferrari 312PB was loving the track

For those that have offered to help me with the shed clean up I thank you all very much but I will be all good

I started on it tonight and have already got a fair bit on the trailer

Most of the stuff has been hauled out and separated and half of the carpet is already pulled out

The wall lineing has water damage to about 6 inches from the bottom

I might just cut all that off and fit new bits in, that will be a lot faster and easier than replacing it

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Dave, I might have some gib plaster at the lockup if you want to save on buying some.  I can take a look Sunday as we clean and reset the AirBNB

What about paint - I probably have a few basics like Pearl Lustre, 1/8th, /14, 1/2 full Spanish white etc if you want some. Have roller, brushes trays etc. if any are of use.

12 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Dave, I might have some gib plaster at the lockup if you want to save on buying some.  I can take a look Sunday as we clean and reset the AirBNB

What about paint - I probably have a few basics like Pearl Lustre, 1/8th, /14, 1/2 full Spanish white etc if you want some. Have roller, brushes trays etc. if any are of use.

Thanks Mark

But the wall lining is chip board so don't need to be super flash and I have some of that stored out at work. I have got plenty of paint and painting gear. 

Step one is completed, all flood damage stuff is now at the dump. A very full 3m tandem trailer worth, clad it was free as it was a very very heavy load.

Now I need to sort out the rest of it and store all keeping stuff in plastic boxes and put on top of the track until the concrete dries out properly 

I am thinking of putting that inter locking foam/rubber matting down round the track just incase we get flooding again.

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

2 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

All good Dave - if you need any temporary storage space, there is loads of room at the lockup.

Should be all good I think. Plus I don't  want the wife thinking she can hold on to stuff I want gone. I am taking this opportunity to get things sorted

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I have managed to get another good load of stuff for the dump so will be heading there early before it gets busy.

As stink as it was to have the shed flooded and lose a lot of stuff it has been a God send for me. As you guys know I have been trying to get the wife to sort things out and get rid of a lot of it for a very long time now. It has now finally  happened

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:53 PM, David Carter said:

It has now finally  happened

Glad something positive for you came out of this.  And sounding promising for a return to the Black widow soon.

But we'll give you one more week and I'll host at mine this week... B)

Week 2

1 Pre 65 Classics

2 Slot It Group C

3 GT1

Gates open from 6pm 

Cheers

I'm in. A bit nervous about unleashing the full power of my mighty GT1 Mosler in the PatCave, but...... bring it on! 

I will be a no show this week

Working away the next few days

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, slotmadmac said:

I'm in. A bit nervous about unleashing the full power of my mighty GT1 Mosler in the PatCave, but...... bring it on! 

It was brought!!  

Congrats Mac with the new Upham Downs track lap record of 3.013   -  3 seconds will be broken.....

f1eOvr9l.jpg

Some fast and competitive heats on Upham Downs raised everybody's games...  We won't talk about the nerfing...  maybe...  

Good to see Pedro back with his flying Jag & Roscoe has obviously been doing some mad tuning on his Group C Porsche (Jagermeister of course) 
Shame it didn;t run so hot on Blue :P

And  to top off a cool night we were also blessed with a visit from the mighty Munter.  Great to catch up....

Results

Pre 65

z4NDgeul.jpg

Group C

YLtZDFMl.jpg

GT1

47GwDx7l.jpg

Yeah, what's with the nerfing Snake - you weren't even there, and you're still tipping people out of their slot.

Is nerfing by proxy a thing now?

Munter?  Munter !!!! ......  Shoot, I knew that guy looked vaguely familiar. :lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r:

Bring ya cars next time dude. 

Aghh yes...A great night at the Pat with alot of oooh! & Aghhs! Great to see the Munter (sore back and all) weather must be warming up?..

There is alot of seriousness coming to the track which is bringing out the knowledge, build and driving skills of all, which makes the nights so much fun. Annnnnd competitive .......LoViT

Guys, I have been deserted until after lunch, so just loitering about
if anyone wants to spend some time in my cave using the lathes sorting car issues together etc, - esp. if you need to use my NSR one for those wheel/axle sizes, test cars etc, you're welcome from about 9:30  to lunch-ish - brig food, and you can stay till the mrs kicks you out :)

Now I am officially a "nerfing b'tard" I am offering shoulder -lean lessons from 11am :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some sad news to report, for those who have raced at the Wellington club, or in the 12 hour Group C enduros

Keith Cheeseman of Wellington club lost his battle with cancer today.  
A real gentleman and a kind soul. Funeral details to follow - Alan Tucker is keeping me posted.

I'm very sad to hear that.

RIP Keith.

Mr Motorsport enthusiast!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

RIP Keith. A gentleman racer and one of the good guys. I always enjoyed racing with and against him.