Merry christmas all,

Pie Guy,l have your Nascar, hav'nt looked in my slot box since leaving the swamp,found it there yesterday ,same as mine,

sorry about that ,but its safe until we meet again.

my slot car prezzie was that l got left uninterupted in my shed for a whole afternoon,a rare occurance

Merry Xmas girls. You too Snake - you curly tongued little Mongrel.

I scored a whole bunch of self generated slot prezzies. Went a bit mental really. I don't need any of them. Oh well. Nevermind.

Podiums are for short people.

I'll keep an eye out on TM then mac.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I can probably get us these in any old size if sourcing is a problem.

The guy who cuts and etches my light bridge circuit boards buys this stuff in varying thickness sheets.

he'll be on holiday at the moment but I can ask him after the 7th

Hey guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Just a thought. How about a Touring Car class. I see a number of cars that could be included. from the European Japanese touring series that would make a great spectacle. BMW to Nissans. Keep it to max 21k motor size Just thinking out loud. Replace the Saloons maybe. Or add it as another class. Cars are fairly cheap on Trade Me or maybe buying in from Europe. Any thoughts? Must be positive thoughts. No negatives :)

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

I think you'll find that most touring cars are eligible to race in Saloon. From the rules: Saloon cars as defined as a two or four door car with front and back seats. Examples from WTCC. BTCC. DTM (even the ones with two doors).

Personally I'd like to see the GT/Sports cars/hypercars (Ferrari, Lambos etc) taken out of Saloon class, so that the class is more based on sedans or mass market vehicles as per the distinction by which Touring cars are defined.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Hi Craig

yeah, right on both counts, and that was exactly what I was suggesting recently to revive this class.

eg My reliveried orange Ninco Ascari WAS a legally homologated car under the car homologation list we adopted right at setup of club from CMRC, as was one Chris has, but no way they belong in this class looks-wise or shape/performance advantage wise.

Whereas the Spirit Peugeot (NARROW) - like Chris Wong has of the Aaron Slight BTCC car, that DOES belong in the class, and would be one of the naturally better perfoming ones for the class.

The Fly Racing Alfa 156 is another nice car that belongs in a saloon class. Has similar running gear to the Fly Capri. Munter had one but sold it, and Grant had one.

Anyone bored can come over here this afternoon and paint the roadway on my new track LOL . . . sorry, no racing, the 4 laner is covered in oversrpay dust from the rumble strip painting...... and the car benches are my painting table.

My back has reached rebellion point, so have to take a few days to stabilise again now.

Okay, resumption of hostilities . . . . starwars.giff1%20car.gif Next Thursday, 10th at my place.

Track open from 5pm, bring something to burn on the BBQ, and something to drink. We can cook from around 6; have a feed about 6.30, then race.

Damien from Ohope will be joining us (Damo on SFI forum). He is a mad keen group 5 guy.

So classes

Group C, since it's been so long, and I have loaners for guests,

A house class, maybe my McLarens, or little Fly Porsche 911s….

and a GROUP 5 race.

- Many of you will want to run your Fly Racing Capri, but for those of us who have a Racer Group 5, or one of the Fly or Revell cars tuned up like Mac and I, we will have a run with those.

Should make for an interesting and colourful field.

Mark

Belated Happy New Year From Snake

Been in Piha so couldn't get online, but in the camping ground they have a speed bump designed as a Snake.

SNAKE

Its not over until the Snake goes SSSSSSSSSSSS

3 more sleeps peoples.... In case anyone needs a power supply, this one is a goodie, and the price is a bit lower than at Jaycar. http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/other-electronics/adaptors-chargers/auction-549447740.htm

Happy new year all.

Cool link Smithy. Pleased to see group 5 is on the menu as I was very lucky to be surprised with a Racer Capri for my birthday so looking forward to seeing if it runs :)

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

See you tomorrow Pat.

Hey who's coming to burn bangers or steak before we race? Be nice to have some company with Damien.

I’m batching as Glenda heads to Auckland today, so track open from late afternoon, whenever people feel like rocking up.

I have some basics, but haven’t bothered with ordering in the rabbit tucker, so if anyone wants healthy greens, it’ll be an iceberg lettuce and balsamic drizzle. – Or “white vegetable” from Goodmans bakery :)

Wow interesting possible rule changes for the Nationals. Rock on Wood guides!! Mark have you got a good supply? :lol:. Should be easy to add one to a NASCAR...Why not lol. Has there been any changes to Ninco classics? I mean the newer classics have stronger motors in them. Obviously the people who want a specific Ninco classic that has the stronger motors will have to fork out more for a smaller motor? I think that's a bit silly. Will wait in anticipation.

Looking at the link re Group 5 cars. So there were home made Group 5 cars racing? Does that mean to say we could try and build our own??? Maybe Munter could get into doing Group 5 Resins. Could be an opportunity VIV!! B)

I'll be along Mark.

Where's the Cartrix class??????

(Oh yeah, mine's still broken.... more bench time :mellow: )

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Wow interesting possible rule changes for the Nationals. Rock on Wood guides!! Mark have you got a good supply? :lol:. Should be easy to add one to a NASCAR...Why not lol. Has there been any changes to Ninco classics? I mean the newer classics have stronger motors in them. Obviously the people who want a specific Ninco classic that has the stronger motors will have to fork out more for a smaller motor? I think that's a bit silly. Will wait in anticipation.

Hopefully they can come up with a better solution, wood guides are alot of work. No changes to Ninco classic, and the newer motors (NC5) will not be allowed to compete with NC1/NC8. My classic came with an NC2 which is also not allowed. It's not really silly.....just a bad decision by Ninco to use the higher powered motors in their classic range. Anyway the last I heard, Ninco classic may get removed as a class from the Nationals (after this year of course). Can't remember why exactly but it might be due to availability of the lower powered motors.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

Maybe take out the "Ninco" so its not solely Ninco. Make it a Pre 65 classic allowing all other brands to race. Limiting the motor spec to 18k at 12 volts. This would allow Ninco 20.6k at 14 volts to be viable which is what the new Nincos are using? At 12 this would drop to 18k?

The NC5 would be about 16.5k at 12 volts but not sure of the watts. Personally I find the Ninco class a bit slow and boring, but there's plenty of guys who love this class and have invested heavily in building cars over the years so i'm not sure any changes (particularly motor) would be met with widespread approval.

If you allow other brands, I have a Pre 65 with a factory slot.it podded chassis, which would be unfair. Then presumably I'd have to find a similar Indygrip tyre to suit since using slot.it tyres would be unfair (or it becomes an open tyre class), then i'd have to buy a slower motor as it came with an orange bell. So either way people will be forced to replace parts. I don't think there's a solution to suit everyone. One for the rules committee maybe.

As for tonight, i'm unsure what time i'll be arriving so eat without me whether i'm there or not.

5 x National Champion

Righto Craig, see you when you arrive. Bring liquid, it aint exactly hypothermic weather today ! Chris' or Rob's prob to sort out the Ninco Classics for next year. We did talk about replacing that as a class after this year due to the least interest in entries and reduced options of new cars, but I don't think Chris got any further than just discussion. Another factor coming into play from now will be that if the nats are to be held on the large Wellington track, ANY slower class may be a bit of a bore for some. Anyways, they'll solve the guide issue one way or another, the bacl insulation tape may be all that is needed as a stop-gap. Paul will report back in due course I guess.