Good luck for the move Mark & all - Sorry I'm still limping about and would be as much use as Michael J Fox - marshaling....

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Good luck for the move Mark & all - Sorry I'm still limping about and would be as much use as Michael J Fox - marshaling....

The track is mostly in place, looking forward to getting some racing in, in the New Year.

Have a great festive break all and sundry.

Cheers.

Hey Peter and all the guys who helped with the move last night, much appreciated. Oakland Raceway lives.

For Paul and anyone else who has never seen the track. 4 lanes, 11 turns, 19.5 metres running length

Overall footprint is 5 x 3 metres. I think we will move it about 15cm closer to the right hand wall, we don't NEED walking space at that end,

and it is a bit close to my work bench and the walk-through the garage.

Oakland2018.jpg

I managed to damage the light fittings on one section of the in-fill for the pits last night, when I did a dumb thing getting it out, other than that,

the track has survived two bouts of trucking, with just the loss of the heads off a few of the black lamp stands around the track.

I have power to it, and the timing system is working.

Needs a big clean, track relay, track call and big monitor connected, and we will be good to squeeze controllers

Quite a bit of work sorting new lights, general scenery tidy up, but that will be a time project. I have a number of extra scenic items I sourced in Europe, like quad bikes, some more of those GP bikes, and some other odds and sods - when I find them.

The truckie from last night is interested to come and have a go... ;)

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

That sounds great. That track has good flow and can produce an enjoyable race.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Glad that the track is back...on track (sorry!).

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

Good to have Oakland back on the roster. My news is that my slot shed has a new roof. No more bucket racing on Thunder Road.

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

Yeah I don't know about 15cm closer to the wall Mark. When your car or my car comes off under the monitor there's no garage door to open now.........

You didn't really want to have that much room in front of your work bench anyway right?????

Looks good and ready to have a run on the big Oakland!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Good to have Oakland back on the roster. My news is that my slot shed has a new roof. No more bucket racing on Thunder Road.

What will we do with the Bucket Heads???

and

I may have a thing about sets of 3. Lucky I don't have space for a 6 lane track.

tnGNYFzl.jpg

Looks like NZ Post found you Pedro!

JK

Looks like NZ Post found you Pedro!

They just follow the groove in the path��

Don't you mean trench . . . . I reckon it might look more like walking past Petra :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Merry Christmas you low life bunch of sad 1/32 slot geeks. I love you all. Except Snake. Catch you next year boys.

Merry Christmas to all you slot head reprobates! What will the New Year bring????

JK

ho ho ho you slot mongrels, hope all your Xmas slot wishes come true. you even have a new slot cave to play in in the new year...lucky buggers.

keep it deep in the slot and keep it real ....my fav spoons

THE PIEBONE ......the one and only... BOOYAH

The older i get, the faster i was.

Hey all, I will be opening up Oakland Raceway on Saturday 5th January 9:30am until about midday for anyone who wants to do test and tune, or just generally run some practice laps.

Especially any of the new guys who may be available - Richard, Paul, Rod, - bring those new cars, and we will get your tyres glued up and trued on my lathes, and give you a chance to ask Qs and learn some of the typical setup principles.

Have a great new year tonight everyone.

And to quote the man from possibly the best ever american police drama.. Hey, let's be careful out there.

Happy New Year all - hope you're having a nice break.

Thanks Mark but we're possibly heading away for a few days... should be back >7th ( & yep 'twas a great show .. :)

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Happy New Year guys. I think 2019 is going to be bumper year in the sheds. I’m back from the beach later in Jan. See you all then.

Back from the desert cold in a few days but probably won't see you all for an unspecified amount of time.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Back from the desert cold in a few days but probably won't see you all for an unspecified amount of time.

Great to see the guys on Saturday. Paul now has his first couple of cars setup 95% track ready, and should be able to use the tyre lathe etc by himself now.

Peter the 2nd enjoyed chatting and watching, and is now ready to dive into the acquired insanity.

I got to have a chat with Neil Bidwell from Blenheim about the Nationals, and dates for events, and Andrew [son number 1] tried to match my lap records with same cars.

Rod - if you're back on deck the 19th, I'll host another Saturday morning session and we'll work on yours.

Hopefully Ross and Richard have recovered from their matching injuries by then as well.

All right you keyboard challenged mob.

Another tuning session next Saturday the 19th my place from 9:30 to lunch-ish time - that's 228 Guppy Road, Taradale.

Rod - hope you're back for that.

Ok Mark, thanks for the invite...I'll be there.

Tyre pressure has been checked and new plugs fitted. Just need an oil change...and coffee