HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Well done Crockett and Pedro and Snake!

If only Snake had deslotted onto my lane once or twice more........

There's always next year!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

That's right ... on a warm night in The Bay, 11 elite sportsmen and Snake converged on the outskirts of Hastings to duke it out on Thunder Road for the mighty 2018 PieBone 400 (300)

PB183_zpswpeumz85.jpg

Up for grabs was the most prestigious Trophy in International Slot Car Racing:

PB181_zpsosllwwep.jpg

4 mighty TransAm Jags had been shipped from the US of A by expatriate slothead Mike 'TrumpBone' Andrews. It was an honour for us to take these finely honed 1/32 masterpieces and finesse them to a higher plane.

PB182_zpsc0mcazxi.jpg

Seldom have so many world class slot car racers been in one shed at one time.

PB184_zpscpavwrx6.jpg

The racing was fast and, in JK's case, furious. Shoutout to Pedro for making it very clear that he's no longer the Bay View Bunny. Shoutout to Snake who took the usual torrent of personal abuse in his stride(slither?). Kudos to SlimTim who drove fast all night on his second time on a slot track in 4 years.

PB185_zpsmljdj4vo.jpg

In the end Team Dave pulled in the Gloat with a great car and three consistent drivers.

PB186_zpsi2sjylwv.jpg

Winners may be grinners but the Play of the Day goes to HotRod for this slick photobomb.

PB187_zpswef1lb3c.jpg

Thanks for racing the 'Bone boys. BOOOOYAH!

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

Yes thanks Mac for hosting another great event, and thanks for the sweet cars Mike. (a little more glue on the wheels next time please...)

Well done team Dave!! Pedro - fantastic drive and of course Snake just casually picking up where he left off months ago.

A few random pics from me - ( Sorry JK your car must have been in the workshop... )

52V9r2Cl.jpg

mgp0oPgl.jpg

0qPzmBal.jpg

Thunder Road

UEIoKnhl.jpg

UlxyKeTl.jpg

What's in Ross's hand?? ( car was still in the workshop... :)

7Xnvuijl.jpg

& more photo bombing

mDSfbTjl.jpg

5DDnhy4l.jpg

winners are grinners

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Yes thanks Mac for hosting another great event, and thanks for the sweet cars Mike. (a little more glue on the wheels next time please...)

Well, Team Mac could point out that we lost a wheel 3 times in the first round (dropping 30+ laps) but went on to win all 3 of the next rotations - even though we blew a tyre in one of them. But nah, that's not our style. B)

It was fun....there were many pluses.

Rod's road speed sure increased with the hour of driving he did in race time....... a pity the green and silver car softened slightly towards the end.

What worries me is that it might have been me that softened, not the car.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Rod's road speed sure increased with the hour of driving he did in race time.......

Great to have some fresh blood in the sheds - especially when both Richard and Rod have been mid pack since day 1.

I agree it is great to have some new guy's to do battle with on the track

I have to say also that Pedro's driving has improved so much this year

and he was very consistent all night

there was lots of very close tight racing from everyone

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Aye, and we didn't see the best from Paul last week. He was actually handling Pedro's twisty well the previous week.

I suspect that like me, Paul will not be racing this coming week. We both move house next Friday.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

"Bone has suggested we keep the 4 cars here and run them next year in the 'Bone 2019, It's not a bad idea. We could get rid of the noisey Avant Slot pinions and go back to stock or swap out the rear axles for Slot it kit. Thoughts?

Can everyone who slipped through the koha net or PieBone on Thursday night slip me $10 min please. I know he will use the cash for new projects stateside so I will make up the difference in the meantime and get it to him.

Yes to keeping the cars for next year......and swap to Slot it rear. Motor change sounds good Munter.

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Sounds like a plan

I could spot a set of Slot.it motors at around half price if that helps.

MX15 like in the DTMs or MX16 like in the Group C and classics

Or to save more money, if we could gear them lower I have some low torque 25k motors I was sent in error - they're freebies - but I don't know how durable they are.