HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I could point out that I took out the 65-80s with a stock chassis Rev/Mono Lola but that would be gloating - and you know that's not how I roll. More importantly, I"m pretty sure The Demo Twins took the minor spots on the podium. You other mongrels must be shaking in your boots with The Harmon lMemorial ooming. BOOYAH.

Podiums are for short people.

Good turnout.

Considering the resin clones were missing, and Chris attending to family celebrations, 12 in the ice-cave was a pretty good gang.

I also noticed how many of the cars in '65 to 80 sounded like sewing machines with silencers. Some very slick and smooth runners.

Dave has that 312pb going a treat, Craig's car was well of course, Craig's car. uber-fast when it isn't going well in his frame of reference.

Mac's Lola is a rocket, Smithy's Alfa, JK's Alfa, all running like Swiss watches.....

I think we're due at Viv's next week aren't we?

Viv - is your new computer hooked up yet. We still need to sort your trackmate system !!

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I also think Viv has a new title... instead of coolest guy in club - which was the title of at least 12 of us last night, he is now "smartest guy in club"

Whilst Chris and Munter were unavoidably detained by other social commitments, Viv was simply older, wiser, and presumably tucked up on front of a TV screen with a glass of something colourful and relaxing.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I could point out that I took out the 65-80s with a stock chassis Rev/Mono Lola.

That explains why you were 1/2 a second off the pace of a decent 65-80 then. I wouldn't be gloating either.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Guys where is the best place to source decals? All I really want is generic numbers and stripes. I get a bit lost on Pattos website. Is there anywhere else?

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Hi Nvmyre/Craig.

Easy enough to make your own. All you need is MS Publisher and an inkjet printer. If you wish tell me what you want and I will draw up file and send it to you to get printed. You can have anything you want and any colour except white. Alternatively I am sure there is somebody In Napier who could do same.

Only thing with inkjet decals is they need to sprayed 2-3 times with Testors Decal Debonder. Think this keeps them together when you slide them off paper onto car.

Can send sample I last did for Trent and myself if you wish.

Regards Chas Le Breton

My method for Patto's is guess how he'd spell something, head to that letter of the alphabet, shift f find, enter keyword, and hope. Then open all hits in new tabs so as not to lose your place on the page.

E.g. Numbers. N. Stripes. S. There's a few there like http://www.pattosplace.com/decals/StripesnNumbers-Minic-32-1.JPG

You might be lucky.?? I find he does good service and quick reasonable delivery.

And the peel and stick are easy and hardy for race cars. Might weigh too much for you tho :)

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Ok Ladies.... Here are the rules for the 2014 Harmon Memorial

RACE FORMAT

1. Teams get 60mins to get their car set up and on the start line

2. Lanes drawn randomly by Trackmate.

3, This is a 3 hour race : 4 x 45min per lane. 

4. Team drivers can interchange under power.

5. Teams must divide race time evenly between members.

RACE CONTROLLER

1. The Race Controller shall be the tallest member of the Club.

2. The Race Controller is God.

RACE FEE

1. Race fee is $10 per driver.

RULES

1. Teams will race FLY 911 GT1s

2. Cars will be drawn from the hat.

3. Each chassis will be flattened by the Race Controller prior to race day.

4. Unless stated otherwise car must be run with stock parts and motor. 

5. Motor will be supplied with metal pinion. 

6. Sidewinder 36t 18mm gear will be supplied.

7. Rear axle will be supplied

8. Teams must bring their own rear wheels and tyres. 

9. Rears wheels must be Slot It Group C dimension

10. Tyre choice is open. Tyres can be glued / trued prior to race day.

11. Tyre treatment is allowed.

12. Rear wheel inserts are optional.

13, Weight allowed. 

14. Bushings, braid, guide wire, body screws, spacers are all open.

15. Must run full interior.

16. Interior and chassis can be lightly shaved to allow body float.

17. Body and interior can't be lightened.

18. Sidewinder pod can be glued onto chassis.

19. If pod is glued, the magnet in sidewinder pod must be retained.

20. Wheels must be under the guards.

CONDUCT

1. No trash talking will be tolerated before or during the event, unless it is really funny.

2. All drivers must be courteous and respectful towards Viv who is still, hands down, the coolest guy in the Club.

3. All drivers are expected to have an IQ of at least double figures.*

NOTES

1. BYO rear wheel set up is to avoid FLY's notorious cracked rear hub issues.

2. Magnet retained for car resale purposes.

3. The Slot Cave will be set up with workstations for each team.

4. Each team must bring everything they need to get their car tuned and on the start line. - incl. extension cord and multi box.

5. Teams TBC - but will be based loosely on the Pie-Bone 400 roster.

I'm looking forward to another Harmon Memorial and to honour the memory of our friend and slot brother Grant.

Mac

*The Race Controller has decided to waive the minimum IQ criteria for Pie-Bone to allow him to defend his Harmon Memorial title.

Podiums are for short people.

Heya Mac

I take it they aren't the "Racing" version with the inline long can, they are sidewinders like this?

Might pay to check the axle diameter as they may need a Slot.it bushing. A lot of those standard Fly ones had a 2.48mm axle and thus bush hole.

FLY_PORSCHE_911_GT1_EVO_25_METALLIC_GOLD_MOBIL1_SLOT_CAR_MODEL_RUNNER_WING.JPG

FLY_PORSCHE_911_GT1_EVO_25_METALLIC_GOLD_MOBIL1_SLOT_CAR_MODEL_RUNNER_CHASSIS.JPG

ps. Good idea on the setup. Except we should make a certain person use N22 not F22 rofl.gif

No names of course.

Awesome rules... Gutted I'm gonna miss it.

I'm in. Since im basically the new guy again can I go in a team with the top guys??

You could join Snake and Dave in team speed ? We did get a second place in the Pie Bone, and won the inaugural caravan of carnage... #justsayin

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

I notice most of the cheap $2 type stores are clearing out their Crazy Loom stock now the fad is fading.

There are some packs which have plastic containers with about 12 or so small compartments ideal for Slot parts etc.

Check them out.......

Craig G how come Mac was only half a sec off your pace in 65-80, are you slowing down.

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired