sF4Z3xD.jpg

eQCqNdM.jpg

Group C results and best laps
C4BLArn.jpg

7HSTc2i.jpg

Modern Le Mans results and best laps
I1rsLyK.jpg

k9NRRKf.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

That is disturbing...   but thanks Mac and all for a fun evening.   

Some nice machinery & driving skillz turning up which is a concern. 

Then there was this "stock az" Pre 65 Ferrari GTO...  Hints of Piebone me thinks  :lol:

F8Mv5Wol.jpg

Edited by Capri-corn7

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Ross also has one of the Fly brand Ferrari 250 GTO, with the nasty engine in front problem.

Taking a not-too-serious look at the rules…

Classic Sports pre '65 - narrow bodies. 

Motor: Open -16k maximum

Wheels: Open

Tyres: Open

Gears: Open

Axles: Open

Body: Stock but can be lowered on chassis.

Chassis: Essentially stock when viewed from underneath. HRS chassis and donor chassis allowed

Interior: Stock when viewed from above but base can be ground to reduce height.

Remarks: Front axle height can be set or tubed. Motor can be braced to rear axle bushes.

It’s pretty loose, “it’s rules Jim, but not as we know them”. Sorry…. my Star Trek gene resurfaced…
So all the reptilian members need to do is have those wheels sawn off so they sit inside the wheel arches, and the bun sawn off so it fits above the ears, and all will be good.

FWIW, My order with the SRP 16k S-Can motors included, will be here in a couple of weeks. I bought them partly to ensure motors for this class for everyone. I have spares, I think Mac has spares, and I have set 3? aside for Pat.

Its a pretty good looking car Michael….

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Nice to see you are performing Snake. Every car that you have shown me re builds are right up there with the best. As per your comment that you have been following the Thunderslot Masterclass build procedure I take my hat off to you as your performances are starting to upset people. Oh well never mind but I think its called being competitive???? Keep it up matey. Build a car and build it well.   

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

4 hours ago, thesnake said:

It’s ok! I’m narrowing the wheels anyway! It’s gonna be tight, but I think I can get them to fit! 

Four  things that can help - and assuming you are already using the narrowest rims at 8mm

- single sided bushes or oilites - so nothing is sticking out beyond the plastic bush mount of the chassis, (or grind away that outside edge)

- On occasion I have shaved/ground off part of the boss of the wheel, so the grub screw is effectively closer to the edge

- a bit of dremel work on the inside of the wheel arch to thin them

- trim the whole outside of the tyre so it is flush with the outside edge of the wheel, then re-contour a “round” on the outside edge

Between the four, I have gained about 3mm per side breathing room when needed

Paul, I am also away this week - I think you are due to host?
I will be back next week in time to host, 

Ross and Graeme - for when you do need it.

This is the standard Trackmate board. Everything else we do locally, and I have the software on stick, for when you want another module
https://trackmateracing.com/shop/en/lap-counter-parts/278-1252-interface-only.html#/106-power_adapter-none/134-usb_cable_type_ab-none

I have one spare promised to Pat, but we should buy at least a couple sometime, so I keep a spare around….

On 10/31/2022 at 3:19 PM, Smithy said:

Nice to see you are performing Snake. Every car that you have shown me re builds are right up there with the best. As per your comment that you have been following the Thunderslot Masterclass build procedure I take my hat off to you as your performances are starting to upset people. Oh well never mind but I think its called being competitive???? Keep it up matey. Build a car and build it well.   

Snake in tomorrow! 

Cheers Smithy! Really enjoying it, so satisfying when you get it right! 

Thanks Paul, a good night of fun and banter.

Two of my lessor performing cars have already had a meeting with the workshop manager this morning.

Using Snake as an example, clearly working on your cars improves their performance,

I don't yet have a solution to fixing the driver. 

ps, good report Snake, wee will keep you on.

Edited by Pedro51
thanks to Snake

Looks like we are back at Oakland Raceway.

Week 4

1 Australian Touring Cars

2 Scalextric F1

3 GT3

See you Thursday from 5:30