HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I won't make it Pedro. I've got a very big day at work today so I can get on the airplane next week

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Hi guys. Just a thought. How would you feel to having one more week on the roster where whoever has it for the week can choose whatever class. Just to add a bit of spice to the roster. Means something like the NSR F1.could be run . Just my thoughts  

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:02 PM, Smithy said:

Hi guys. Just a thought. How would you feel to having one more week on the roster where whoever has it for the week can choose whatever class. Just to add a bit of spice to the roster. Means something like the NSR F1.could be run . Just my thoughts  

Do you mean that once every month we run a single class with longer heats or a teams race? If so, I like that idea.  

• Like 1

Podiums are for short people.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:02 PM, Smithy said:

I am all for the NSR F1’s but I am very conscious of forcing people into buying them who may not have done so otherwise. If it gets put as a class on club nights every now and then, essentially we are excluding those who don’t have them [not great], or those that have them by default have to lend cars out……..given how delicate they are, also not great and of course some don’t like borrowing others cars which once again excludes them. 

The only way around this is to set up a race meeting outside club nights once in a while or jointly chip in and buy a club car. 

I want to race mine but I’m conscious of the effect on others in the club. 

Hi Bingo.

Hear what you say about NSR F1 but think they are a bit tougher than you suggest. Perhaps if you are adding weight they are more likely to get damaged but then they do not need weight despite what some people like to think.

Rather than leave F1 out however I have come up with a graduated plan for different F1 models where I have tried to equalise makes of cars. Not entirely successful but it does help.

Let me know if you want details.

I am about to use one of your 3D guide holder replacement parts. Gave one to somebody else but he said it failed. I will try to do better. They do not seem as strong as I would have thought but time will tell. I have found the Slot-it HRS ones very good and have never broken one.

Regards Chas Le Breton