HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

10 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

we have a pretty strong consensus to drop the V8s, NASCAR, BTCC

I feel like, as smithy has mentioned, if we get enough consensus some weeks we could run some of these classes as a one off, like we used to do with legends. Means people might not have to off load. 

just a thought and open to other suggestions! 

I also like the idea of 65-80 moving to a nsr classic/ thunderslot mix in the future, but again just my view! 

can’t wait to see what people do with their legends! Exciting times for the club! 

13 hours ago, thesnake said:

I feel like, as smithy has mentioned, if we get enough consensus some weeks we could run some of these classes as a one off, like we used to do with legends. Means people might not have to off load. 

just a thought and open to other suggestions! 

I also like the idea of 65-80 moving to a nsr classic/ thunderslot mix in the future, but again just my view! 

can’t wait to see what people do with their legends! Exciting times for the club! 

Indeed, exciting times ahead. - The way we ran the Legends for the IROC race (cars I supplied stayed on the lanes), was the basic setup, but people will undoubtedly have some flashy looking alloys. I am looking at buying some sets of blue and red anodised alloys at Pendleslot, to set up a couple more. Phillip and Leighton grabbed a couple from me Thursday, and Pat a backup in case he doesn’t manage to paint his white kit this year :lol:

for the 65-80 class, I think if Mac and Pedro put theirs on track to the “Nationals” rules (they are the rules for Tony’s events - not “national” rules), we’ll quickly gauge what effect it would have on the competitiveness of other cars set up to the existing rules….. meant to put that in my previous post. 
All in all, lots of good outcomes.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

23 hours ago, David Carter said:

oz v8s and nascar, thats 2 of my favs gone. had a cool nascar build in the pipeline  to

I have another Nascar awaiting it’s turn in the paint shop.

I haven’t (yet) been able to get an Aussie V8 going as well as yours Dave.

We should probably hold a wake for the V8s. They were one of our original classes, a first choice on the Ninco track..
Apart from a few weeks, I have driven the same car since February 2007 … 15 years out of a Scaley. Just one motor change when the original started doing snail impersonations. That is pretty impressive reliability. Take a bow Sir Hornby.

They are ugly, out of proportion, windowless bricks, but have been a source of much fun.

ps Shane Van Gisbergen just cleaned up in Darwin :P

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Im in

Also, Im looking for cars these classes

Modern Le man's
Muscle cars

If anyone has cars for these classes that are ready to run please bring them along thursday i'd be interested to have a look,  before I buy new. Cheers

Edited by L8n

Get well Pedro and Marty

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion