HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

1 hour ago, slotmadmac said:

I am sure I have one ready to go - or I have loads of options to make a new one. Leighton, if you’re at my place tomorrow night we can make a plan. 

No problem Pedro

Great thanks Mac, yes I'll come out 2moro nite and have a look cheers

3 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

How late is late Dave?

Could we insert you the last driver in a rota, so that you aren’t needed till 6:30 or so for first drive?

Failing that, you also have some new fellas to meet 

I have no idea at all Mark, I'll be back when I get back that's all I know

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

11 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

Spoke with Marty and he's ready.   

Oops, forgot Marty when I was brewing up teams - sorry Marty.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Sorry I didn't make it out for the big event, I didn't get back from Masterton until 6.45.

It would have been 8 by the time I got out there and after a 12hr day with 6 of those behind the wheel I was just to tied

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Real shame that happened Dave. Was a great night of racing. We had two others away, and one other newbie L8n who just came to watch - but still had 4x 4 man teams.

Race Catering excelled her own high standards (please thank her Mac), the verbal biffo, gloating and empty threats were exceptional, and a good time was had by all

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Tomorrow (Saturday), Oakland Raceway will be open 9:30 until midday for anyone wanting track test time, use of my bench tools/lathes etc and/or any assistance in setting up cars.

BYO morning snacks if you want any, I’ll supply the liquified caffeine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capri-corn7 said:

Thanks Mac and Mike for an awesome event. And of course to your better halfs for the catering. The cars were as smooth as the banter and what a turnout. 
Slotcar racing was the winner on the night. 

What he said.

The Mighty Pie Bone 400 has been run and won. What a great night, with 18 nerds on site to duke it out for the most coveted trophy in Hawke's Bay performance slot car racing.

JKBA0pIl.jpg

Gloat was on the line, but Rossco came fully prepared should the Slot Gods not smile his way.

DF74ru4l.jpg

The shed was full. The track was clean and fast. And 4 race-prepped Revoslots were on the start line

ZIMcC0Nl.jpg

FjHAliMl.jpg

KM4Vak7l.jpg

Even Munter graced us with his presence. What a treat! As always he was well dressed, looking fit and perfectly groomed; the epitome of the Gentleman Slot Racer. 

2pL4IYLl.jpg

On the other hand....

Ma8xulUl.jpg

YMq74Ykl.jpg

naSyOXJl.jpg

And then there was this...

IZx1tpSl.jpg

Shout out to the the mighty Pie Bone for supplying the cars and for Gummy Tuners sponsoring the racing additives. The Revoslots were perfect for this sort of event. Fast and stable and easy to keep in the groove. I reckon that the driver standard was the best I have seen on a club night on my track.  

Shout out to Race Catering for another stellar effort keeping the carbs up during 3 hours of door to door racing.

Shoutout to the UPS I nicked from the house PC that may have prevented TrackMate from crashing. 

In the end the Gloat went to Team Bingagogo. Congrats to Bingo, Bigger Bing, Snake and Pat for stacking their team more than ours. They led from the get go - and never looked like losing. I have never seen Bingo happier! 

CCfyHZel.jpg

And then there's this guy...

DCfLVNgl.jpg

This hairy little prick raced like a demon and claimed fastest laps on 3 of the 4 lanes - despite widespread verbal abuse from all angles. What an effort! I spent half my night trying to get inside his head, but should have known that mind-games are no good when you're dealing with someone with limited intelligence. I need a new strategy. 

Thanks again for fronting on a cold winter's night, boys. That was one of the great nights. Let's do it again next year. 

• Like 2

Podiums are for short people.

Yes sir... an excellent evening’s entertainment. 

and that is “munter” in lowercase, I don’t want to rise above my station.

My thanks to our patron, Te bone and host Sir Mac for organising a great affair.

I await next year’s event with great anticipation.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Brilliant night of racing and banter in Mac's slotcave. The best team won with a very high standard of banter and keeping it in the slot. Was great to be back where it all started racing with the slotjockies you have all become. Thanks for keeping the Piebone 400 alive and fizzing. Chur bro's 

• Like 3

The older i get, the faster i was.

Yep. What a night!

A Big Thank You to Da Bone and Mac as well as my Bash Brother.

The victuals were very tasty and overflowing!

Three hours of hard out racing. Who would ever complain?

Chur Chur

BTW  Congratulations to The Victors! (maybe even that reptile?)

Edited by j2theK

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Late to the party….but thanks all for a great night! 
Thanks to the Bone for the cars, it was like driving one of my ownB)

they were planted, quick and pretty even too! 

thanks Mac and Pip for hosting as usual, just a great time! 

Thanks to team Bingagogo, great team work and spirit! 

thanks to the other teams for some great competition and racing! The driving standards right now are high! 

• Like 1