HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I’m in…. Someone needs to show commitment with “flighty Bing” unable to commit :lol:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I just figured out. Our club built the first (Ninco) club track over summer in 2006/07, and held our first race in Feb 2007.

We have now been slamming doors and spinning rubber for 15 years. That’s a pretty good achievement.

Several of us are founding members. At the start. - Mac, Myself, Graeme (EME), Ross .. any others I missed?
If we could woo Wongy and Munter back to track, I know that is two more. As was Bryan F. who has been back a couple of times recently for a looksie. Glen Chan and his son at Cool Toys were two more.

If Graeme’s son Aaron and cousin Jason do come for a look, that would be two more of the “originals” 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

23 hours ago, David Carter said:

i might make an appearance for once hahahahaha

give the new holden VK commodore a run and see how it goes and what it needs

thats if i can remember how to drive that is

You know where the shed is, you’re welcome anytime Dave.

Edited by Pedro51

Lo siento Pedro. I've got a work gig so I won't be able to make it.

Have a good run on Bahia Vista muchachos!  Arriba! Arriba!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

I am back early but won’t make racing. I had to hurriedly change my flights to get away from what turned out to be a covid hotspot. People were dropping all around me with positive test results. I felt like I was in Mariopol dodging bullets. 

BIG NEWS: Metrorama is back!

Five years ago we raced some old Scaley Metros - possibly the worst car that Scalextric ever produced - in a series on our local tracks. Detailed HERE Metrorama was the most fun I have ever had on AUSLOT and the racing itself was a boat load of fun too.  

vWFgtQvl.jpg

The whole idea behind this series is to encourage everyone in our racing group to think outside the square and have a go at polishing a MetroTurd until it runs as 'Swiss watch' as possible. I have accumulated enough cars for everyone in the club to have a crack at working up their own Metro. If anyone can't be bothered (or feel a build is beyond their skill set), I have some loaners from the last series that you can run - but I hope that most will enjoy the challenge of fiddling with their own Turd. 

Qq5VaxKl.jpg

Thanks to Pat, we will be racing for the Turd Polisher Cup. 

AoLiFJ2l.jpg

9qYlbz3l.jpg

Rules are the same as last time. Hopefully, I'll be able to convince Munter to vac-form windows and interiors again, but from there it's pretty open as long as you use the stock chassis (it can be modified) and the outside of the car looks stock. Painting your MetroTurd is highly encouraged. Again, this whole gig is about getting more skills in our group and encouraging those who don't normally try and build cars to get their hands dirty.

The transformation from stock to modified is night and day

6cH5WiIl.jpg

The car on the left is stock (believe it or not it has its guide in the slot) The car on the right has been lowered and set up to race. From memory, some of these Turds were lapping my track in the very low 7s bracket, so they can really haul the mail if you get them right.

There are some build ideas in the Metrorama thread HERE and some shots of the competing Turds HERE

If there is enough interest, I suggest that we run them on each track once or maybe twice, in the same way that we ran the FLY Classic series a couple of years back. Start time could be in a couple of months. No rush, and I am happy to help anyone who wants a hand getting their Turd into shape. 

Who's in? 

Podiums are for short people.

Moi :D

This will need it’s own Thread.  - Have set one up under International Club Racing “ Return Of The Turd”