HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I might have a spare legend,   rofl_hard_smiley.gif
Already on alloys all round - You're welcome to take and have a play.

Some video from the Vanquish MGs racing. Still need to sort the video edit software and cam settings out.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

6 hours ago, Pedro51 said:

I seem to have a Legend running on alloys, happy to peel the stock rubber off. I’m sure I can find NSR tyres in my box of useful stuff.

My wheel track varies between my cars, I think we/someone needs to decide on the Maximum width, otherwise I will sort myself some 80mm axles.

Pendle website gives 65mm, I think mine are under that.

Edited by Pedro51

I measured a few of mine, about 64mm seemed to be the goer. When I had to replace a bent axle on an actual runner; I used that as my benchmark Makes the outside track and the wheelbase the same … they are “square”  Hah 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

yeep I'm in for enduro + this week.

I can't offer a car as still haven't finished my first one lol.

& thanks for letting us play with the Vanquishes Mac. very cool.

CSXtyURl.jpg

I was terrified driving this one - but although a little slower it was the nicest drive I reckon..

IRz2hDRl.jpg

Can you still buy the rear wheels for them?

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, Capri-corn7 said:

Can you still buy the rear wheels for them?

Not original ones, but NSR made a plain alloy wheel kit with axles, bushes, and crown gear, and you can still pick those up the odd place.

- I have them on a couple of my Vanquish CanAm cars.
May have more alloys to fit in the war chest if I dig deep enough.

Always keen for teams racing, enduros, and extra "energy intake" from the food

I'm in for Thursday, all being well - seems we are mostly organised for the grand, daughter hand-over on Saturday. 
I confess, the girl went bling for the bridal car.  I think it may be lid down for the run up the long Mission Estate driveway through the Plane Trees

179956_0.jpg?1622417284

179959_8.jpg?1622417285

• Like 1

This may seem like a silly question but as someone new to tuning, what is the best way to know what tyres you need on a specific car? I know some classes have set tyres, but in terms of rim size, How do you go about working out the tyre size? 

Its probably quite obvious and Im missing something, that would not surprise me! 

3 hours ago, thesnake said:

This may seem like a silly question but as someone new to tuning, what is the best way to know what tyres you need on a specific car? I know some classes have set tyres, but in terms of rim size, How do you go about working out the tyre size? 

Its probably quite obvious and Im missing something, that would not surprise me! 

au contrare young reptile, it's a flaming maze full of blind alleys and doctored street signs, plus some of the exits have recently been blocked off by deletion of tyre types we liked to use.

But for our uses, there are about 3 standard types of tyre formulation, and just a few common sizes to fit any wheels we use
This article will help with types of tyre  https://www.slotraceshop.nz/Tyres.pdf 

This is a simple bit of data on wheels https://www.slotraceshop.nz/Wheels.pdf 

- Some of our class rules specify wheel sizes and or tyres, size is determined by car wheel in most cases, or specified in th0se class rules
For wheel to tyre fits, need to try and find you a spare Slot.it catalogue as it gives common wheel and tyre fits in a chart, or you can read the pdf here at page 62 as a start point
All the makers use similar sizing, and step from centre diameter down to the shoulders.
Must be time for a weekend session when you have a free slot on a Saturday

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We got snake bit..... I'm adopting a pet mongoose on Monday.

Added in the lap Mac missed, because it does actually matter in terms of the gap between Ryan and I for the round. So Bing jr. is now just one point off my heels.
5 Drivers on 65 laps, separated by just 4 seconds over 6 minutes racing.... 

resultsr9.jpg

legendstable9.jpg