HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

33 minutes ago, Bingo said:

Ok chaps let’s go with the legends challenge, 2 rotations with the worst performance able to be dropped from the tally. 

If we did 3 rotations, I could use a different body each week..... just kidding.

I think we used a spreadsheet that I made up for the Fly Classic series.
I have just updated it.  Does this look okay?

legendstableblank.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Pedro51 said:

Which racing group do you think this is, swapping in a potentially slower motor does not compute.

It's the racing group where if Mad-Marty won anything, we just might never hear the end of it.........lol%20roll%20back.gif

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

On 7/5/2021 at 9:11 AM, slotmadmac said:

It's hard to get a start date that suits everyone, so I'm keen to kick it off. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when we ran the FLY Classic series, I think we dropped each drivers worst round. That also meant that drivers could miss a round and still be in the hunt. 

On another matter, MadMarty called around yesterday to work on one of his Legends. He opened up two, and they had different motors. His fugly Gold one has this 19k Rebel. 

Un5n8QVl.jpg

Anyone else seen these? 

Yes my Gold one has the same motor in it. Bugger. 

59 minutes ago, Bingo said:

Yes my Gold one has the same motor in it. Bugger. 

So that's why you were burning rubber in 3rd gear down the back straight, and we couldn't see where we were going mexicanwave.gif

• Like 1

I've made up the table and round scoring sheets in the order I expect we will visit the tracks - but easy enough to adjust at need.
legendsscoring0.jpg

legendstable0.jpg

Slotcars can be strange little things, huh?  JK and I were tooling around in the shed on Sunday and MadMarty came to work on his fugly gold Legend. We did all the usual stuff and voila, it was an absolute dog on the track - lumpy, noisey and far below par. Marty was so excited to see the GoldTurd circulating faster than stock that he seemed happy enough, but I sure wasn't - so I picked it up today and stripped it down. Half an hour later, it's a Swiss watch on wheels. A new gear was all that changed. Weird.

As Marty said "I don't know whether to race it or put it around my neck..." but I have to say that, in the right light, it almost looks a bit cool. 

yphAfscl.jpg

• Like 1

Podiums are for short people.

Now I understand why women stand in the wardrobe for so long, trying to decide which dress to wear......

legends83.jpg

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

May I suggest which ever is the slowest. 

HAH. You may suggest whatever you wish...... Of course it may fall under the categories of:
"with all due respect" ;  "I will take that under advisement"';  "We appreciate your opinion in this matter" or "Your input will be given due consideration" 
- All of which basically mean the same thing - a single finger salute in writing. :lol: :ph34r:
The lack of guides to prop up front ends may be a small giveaway as to the state of construction ... It's just the bodies I may swap in or out.

I will probably run the gunmetal grey Dodge. It ran well on my track last week, but I seem to remember it lacking brakes on yours when we were testing a few weeks back.
So I have an alternate I built with a bit lower gearing and a bit less weight. I'll decide between the two after a quick track test.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:07 PM, slotmadmac said:

As Marty said "I don't know whether to race it or put it around my neck..." but I have to say that, in the right light, it almost looks a bit cool. 

yphAfscl.jpg

Spray bomb it satin black!!   go on !!

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Some inspiration for Marty
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1_SUxsiKCCnfOGjGy9y4

Dude, your new racing gear

In case Pat didn't see the Facebook post in our group; we abandoned the Legends round after you left. We got through one more heat and it crashed again.
So we will start the series (fittingly)  at Pedro's next week. 

Paul, Ryan, I have a feeling I had a couple of weeks at home where this was happening on my track/system too, about 3 months back.
Try uninstalling, then re-installing Trackmate. I have a gut feeling it may have begun after a Windows update on my laptop, which possibly overwrote a .dll file or something.
But also feel free to come grab another board power supply from me. Though that is only needed for triggering the relays. The actual board runs off USB power.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, SlotsNZ said:

Now I understand why women stand in the wardrobe for so long, trying to decide which dress to wear......

legends83.jpg

And yet Women and Slot Junkies still go out and buy more lol.

Edited by SLOTJOCKEY

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired

Bahia Vista is open for racing this week.

I think we are trying to start a little earlier so doors open when 1st person arrives, I guess that could be me.

Week 4

1 NASCAR/Classic NASCAR

2 DTM [Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft 1984 - 1996]

Replaced with Pioneer Legends round #1

3 Group 5

I will give the track a good clean and get some sneaky practice in.

21 hours ago, Pedro51 said:

Bahia Vista is open for racing this week.

I think we are trying to start a little earlier so doors open when 1st person arrives, I guess that could be me.

I will give the track a good clean and get some sneaky practice in.

So what's for breakfast ?  I prefer Eggs Bene with extra bacon and a whack of pesto, but I could struggle through a good stack of hotcakes or an old fashioned Bacon, egg and fried tomato..... Oh, you didn't mean THAT early.

Before I throw them on the shop, just checking  that everyone has all the Legends they need.
I have 3 spares 

P063.jpg P067.jpg

P082.jpg

And one each white kit coming - Ford, Dodge, Chev - (someone save me from myself before I start 3 more liveries.)
I also have a few more of those Slotting Plus guides if anyone wants any. I will bring them Thursday. I overcharged you Mac - they work out at $8 a 2 pack.