HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Keep meaning to post that we had an impromptu group decision last week. 

1. Legends rolling competition as we did with fly classics  where we race at each track over 2 rotations. Everyone present agreed this was a good plan so we will wait for Pedro to “re-appear” from his travels before we kick that off. 

2. Rod had requested a 6:30 start so he can shorten the time away from his good lady. Generally there was agreement wit those who might not make it contacting the host so that can be rostered in the end of the cycle. General agreement although 1 member suggested we review it when summer begins.   

For the absentees from the impromptu meeting please forgive us for excluding you. Your opinion is valued so voice any objections etc  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thesnake said:

Snake will be there. Still missing ATC and GT3 pretty much the only two now. 
See you Thursday. Handler is at field days this week I think. 

I have spares in those classes

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

Hey folks. 

Da boss is away this weekend at a crafting marathon up in the wop wops with 20 other ladies. So I am one of the many husbands left to fend for ourselves or starve to death.
SO
For anyone who wants some shed time, tuning help, especially getting Legends and other tyres roundly, I will be opening the cave Saturday from 9:30am until probably early afternoon - closing time subject to if I end up burning up the cycle-ways on my 250 watt  grunt machine later :):)

Liquids on tap, lunch will be whatever for anyone who happens to be around when I get the munchies.

Meanwhile, see yas tomorrow night, I'll hit Midway for a pile of hot chips as usual.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Last week in Nelson, I floated the idea of bringing Dave West down to Hawke's Bay from Auckland for a tuning masterclass - for our racing group and anyone else who would like to attend. Dave's about as good as a slot car tuner gets. I learnt some great tips from him over the weekend, and I thought it would be a great opportunity for us all to learn from one of world's great RTR builders. Any interest in this idea? 

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

sounds good to me Mac, I know how great he is at tuning

as for the Legends series I probably won't be around for the start but a great idea so don't worry about me 

might as well give someone else a chance to win

• Like 1

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

2 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

Last week in Nelson, I floated the idea of bringing Dave West down to Hawke's Bay from Auckland for a tuning masterclass - for our racing group and anyone else who would like to attend. Dave's about as good as a slot car tuner gets. I learnt some great tips from him over the weekend, and I thought it would be a great opportunity for us all to learn from one of world's great RTR builders. Any interest in this idea? 

I'm a definite if its not a Sunday.

2 hours ago, David Carter said:

sounds good to me Mac, I know how great he is at tuning

as for the Legends series I probably won't be around for the start but a great idea so don't worry about me 

might as well give someone else a chance to win

Don’t forget - you also get to drop your worst round, so it will be at least a week or two after Pedro returns that you have up your sleeve if you want to pile back in

Hey all, ha e had to duck away - may not be back for tomorrow night, or Saturday 

I think Marty you are away this week?

Your shiny gold thing is due start of next week

scuse typos, on phone, no glasses to see typing properly 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

7 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

Yep!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

On 6/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, slotmadmac said:

My place this week, boys. Lets try and get the show on the road by 6.30pm  

Week 5

1 Australian Touring Cars

2 Scalextric F1

3 GT3

Will be coming along... If I'm not there for 6:30pm start without me... 

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Racing at my place this week....  always a good excuse to tidy the cave.

Doors open at 6 - racing from 6:30  

Week 1

1 BTCC (British Touring Cars Championship) -[ Modern ERA Scalextric models - MG6, VW Passat, BMW 125, Honda Civic Type R]

2 Muscle Cars

3 1965 to 1980 sports

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.