HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

9 minutes ago, David Carter said:

what are the rules for these cars

I need to know what ones to push & break in true Smokey's style

Happy to follow the pack, but I reckon we go with stock everything other than pinion, gear and guide. Weight allowed. 

Podiums are for short people.

1 hour ago, David Carter said:

I have the black & gold Smokey's #13

what are the rules for these cars

I need to know what ones to push & break in true Smokey's style

Smokey sure knew how to Crockett. Well done!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

1 hour ago, munter said:

keen on the Dodge white kit...how much, where and when?

Hi John

I have emailed you the details and a question about decals for white kits

• Like 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Maybe I better not open it up......

JK

Thanks for hosting last night Mac, and thank you lads for the entertainment. always a great night. Pips slotdogs were on point. Please pass on our thanks to Pip.

Mac , have a safe trip away with the family and Happy Birthday for next Saturday.

I bagged some 1/24th scale decals which should look about right to decorate white kits of these Legends cars as the lettering and logos were done a lot bigger in those days.

Excuse these low res pics. There are numbers, flames, pinstripes, logos, silly stuff
There are 7 sheets in all, and we can cut and paste and share bits from a pool. Each sheet cost me about 10 bucks, so enough decals to do a car can be a "gold coin donation" or whatever.
PMTR6025-2.jpg

GOF11003.jpg

GOF11004.jpg

GOF11005.jpg

GOF11006.jpg

GOF11007.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I guess the rules should include what Mark, Pedro Mac and any others who have already worked on their cars have done otherwise they immediately become rule breakers. That wouldn’t be fair. If those guys listed what they have already done that then forms the basis of the rules. 

No worries here. I have that yellow one that I had bodgied,  - but I have others I can set up.
Is there anything else you have done Peter? 
Anyone else done mods? 

But what I just did think of as I was about to change a guide.
- Perhaps we should allow removal of the digital plug and all that spaghetti of stiff wiring, so there is a flat pan of chassis in front of the motor for placement of weight if desired, and so we can put in softer silicon wire.

Getting rid of all that crappy wire and plug is a given in my book

What is the best fitting guide as the standard one would have to be the worst  fitting one I have ever seen

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

All wiring out, weight in middle, pinion/spur/axle - mostly after slipping gears, tyres - true and treat, guide.

Not needed mods to my house cars??  Lowered, but in hindsight that was overkill, and 32 tooth spurs (stock 33t), but that was was I had on hand..

I can't remember anything else, could be senior moments.

I have ScaleAuto guides, which reminds me some are a fraction tight.

Edited by Pedro51
Additions.
  • Like 1

Mac hasn't done anything in the rules thread, so here is a draft in the usual format - guide detail, and the standard ratios added  
I just copied the BTCC rules and tweaked.

Pioneer Legends

Motor: Stock

Wheels: Stock

Tyres: Stock

Guide: Can be replaced

Gears: Can be replaced (Standard is 18mm 33 tooth spur, 6.5mm 12 tooth pinion for reference)

Axles: Stock

Body: Stock.

Chassis: Stock.

Interior: Stock.

Remarks:  DPR box can be removed

The "stock" stock car came with 11 and 13 tooth pinions anyway as options on the installed 12 tooth.
So hey, why don't we let people choose their own ratio. It's not as if we are going to want to take bodies off to scrutineer. 

I just had a play with guides. The shaft which the guide post goes in, is a little larger diameter than for a stock Slot.it, and it is quite long/high, so a Slot.it screw guide like CH85 size or CH07 wood guide, sits about 3mm below the top, and if not screwed up just right, will be a little wobbly.
It fits okay underneath, but the slot guide section is scraping the underside of the chassis, and those Scaley guide adapters would be useful to create a flat underside surface.
So I added a 0.5mm guide spacer to the shaft to "lower" the guide 0.5mm and give a little wriggle room, and I had to replace the guide screw with a longer one.
I used two flat spacers on top instead of just the single one supplied with the guide, as that allows the guide to be screwed up fairly snug and remove the wobble, while still allowing it to rotate easily. - ala   "thrust bearing" principle Paul? 

It works, but it isn't a perfect fit. A "Long shaft" screw guide would be better. 

ScaleAuto and Sloting Plus both make such a beast. I don't have any myself
But to be perfect, you want the guide adapters as shown in the first video
- Paul have you been making those little triangular guide adapters that make the underside of the guide mount flat?

Or you could do a quick fix as shown in the second video. I did that on one yesterday, but used a tapered self-tapping screw for supposedly better effect. It still isn't a great solution for our standard of expectations in tuning. [But I appreciate Harry's idea. For a lot of home racers that is all they need or want.]

22 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Great night in the cave Mac - thanks to Race Catering as always for keeping us fed. And the Bing wings and other tasties I munched on.

For those not there. All the Legends were claimed on the night - Smithie I have yours at home.

We still have Snake to sort out, Pat?  Brendon ? [tell him what he was missing Snake. ] Dave to talk into one?  Munter - these make you smile just circulating.
And I want to grab a couple of white kits. As soon as I hear back from one UK shop, I can do a final price compare, and which models are available at each.

So those who don't have one, can you check the photos above, and tell me which one you might like - or a white kit of Ford, Chevvy, possibly a Dodge available now.
White kits are a few bucks cheaper, so for some spare paint in a rattle can, and old decals, a cheaper way into one.

Yea thanks Mac for the racing and Catering. Good as usual.

Id be keen on a legend. Will have to have a look and think as to what livery, but definitely put my name down.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesnake said:

Id be keen on a legend. Will have to have a look and think as to what livery, but definitely put my name down.  

You're a legend Snake

21 hours ago, munter said:

21 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Hi John

I have emailed you the details and a question about decals for white kits

The Legends white kits come with a sweet selection of peel off numbers. 

Podiums are for short people.

19 minutes ago, Bingo said:

Got 1 of our Legends doing the same time on our track as a Fly 5.4s

Go the Bings!

JK

Brilliant Paul - I continually stand in awe of your CAD skills. - I'll be the silly beggar claiming first customer status, two for me please.