HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

On 5/1/2021 at 5:36 PM, slotmadmac said:

I'll host this week as I am away for the next two. That will change up the roster as well:

Week 3

1 Aussie V8

2 Fly Classics

3 LMP

Agree with you, Pedro. A Thunderslot Mustang could be a gamechanger.

Let's talk about classes / intro of Legends when we get together on Thursday. I set my one up today on stock tyres with new guide and pinion/ gear. Has enough grip to be fun to drive but it's a hard ride when you're used to soft, silky Ultragrips/ N-22s. 

I’m in

Lookie what turned up at lunchtime. - Funzone. 
I will keep the Christmas red, and one each of the blue, yellow and white to make up a house class for home - that's why I doubled up on those colours.
Graeme has claimed the lime green one.
Mac has the dark Green Maccas #7 
Bings are next in line to choose which colours they want.

I'll bring them with me and confirm details when I see you all. One each of the  rest are available. This is a private cashie not a shop job.

I may be slightly late, have realised we have a meeting at Black Barn at 5, to look at it for a wedding venue. I'll come straight to Macs from there.
legends.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Been a bit of messaging today, so here is the summary of the box of pretties 

Graeme – Lime Green

Mac – Dark Green Macca

Paul – Gold/Black

Ryan – Light Blue

Rod – Red Macca

Smithy – Yellow  [He won't be at Macs, he's working tomorrow evening, but will make his return next week.]

Available  –  White

Available  –  Gulf

I had a pig of a job on those wheels/tyres today.

Pedro saw me in my finest balding state with my hair lying all over the garage floor where I threw it in clumps as I tore it out.
After he left, I eventually surrendered and removed the wheels from the axles, which axles are slightly loose in the bushes.
The bushes seem to be a stock 2.38mm, the axles about 2.37mm, with the wheels a tight fit on the axles. 

Then I had a crack with the wheels pressed onto the stub axle of my NSR lathe (very slow going with that fine grit NSR drum), then on the Hudy, (both of those lathes have smaller axle stubs than 2.38), then finally, I forced them onto my TT lathe.

They come off each lathe saying they are round. On the track, it hobbled like I have offset oval wheels. I swapped axles and gear in case the axle was bent, same result.
Finally, I threw a couple of sets of alloys with big tyres onto it that I had lying around from my GT3 experiments.
Butter.............. silk............ Drambuie even.
I duly walked around the garage tonight collecting the hair, and am carefully sticking it back in place strand by strand....... It should be set by morning.

They aren't fast - it is a struggle to get under 6 seconds on my track,. but oh so fun to drive. You just have to smile. At the raw edge it tipped over, sometimes a jolly good barrel roll.
Then I added a little lead behind the motor and a sliver on each side wing of the chassis. That made it a little easier to push to the limits consistently, but I only got a bare 0.1 off the lap times.

I have roughly trued the fronts without gluing the tyres on the hubs, as they are hard enough not to deform. They seem to be okay.
I haven't touched the sloppy guide, or the stiff braids. Now it is rolling smoothly, they didn't seem to be as much an issue as many have talked about on forums.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

10 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

Strange. I found the tyres a cinch to true. 

Hey my abilities to misplace the plot are the stuff of legend  . . but just to prove my point I did another one this morning.
Oh silly, silly, silly me.... Looked at the box - Ford. Checked the other box FORD. Here was me thinking I was tuning a Chev yesterday. I forgot the first step in Ford tuning, whisper sweet lies and massage it's ego. 
Lies told, apologies made. Number two beaten into submission er tuned.
The differences - I haven't touched the fronts at all, bushes still loose, the whole 8.1 metres...
I didn't bother to glue the rears on as they are pretty stiff and well fitted. I just threw them on the RSM and removed the tread, one side at a time, and flipping it like the proverbial 1 minute steak.
5 minutes later, a light garnish of thin lead, a skewer of longer half thread screws and washers a.l.a. last nights recipe, a dash of not-so-secret sauce for taste . . . . . . . .  and it runs like a dog with without a broken leg. 
Well beggar me.
A bit low on grip with just that splash of 226, but very drivable...... Actually a 15 minute build from start to finish which is a near record.
Went back and re-trued the disaster zone from yesterday one more time on the RSM. Popped into the chassis . . .  "working working"
A wheel fell off, well that's to be expected, I have had them on and off the axle about 10 times.... plus it's a Ford. But working. 

Just to show - as stock, and a modified one. 

legends2.jpg

legends3.jpg

3 hours ago, thesnake said:

I’ll be there tonight. Keen on this legends idea! 

Just think, a car with wheels that stick out the sides, a machine made for nerfing if there ever was one.
Now - text ya handler and remind him we expect about 10kg of manuka smoked Bluefin, and a selection of fresh cray tails and scallops on the half shell his first week back at club......... :lol:

(I gather the fish haven't been playing ball very well up north this year)

On 5/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, SlotsNZ said:

Lookie what turned up at lunchtime. - Funzone. 
I will keep the Christmas red, and one each of the blue, yellow and white to make up a house class for home - that's why I doubled up on those colours.
Graeme has claimed the lime green one.
Mac has the dark Green Maccas #7 
Bings are next in line to choose which colours they want.

I'll bring them with me and confirm details when I see you all. One each of the  rest are available. This is a private cashie not a shop job.

I may be slightly late, have realised we have a meeting at Black Barn at 5, to look at it for a wedding venue. I'll come straight to Macs from there.
legends.jpg

I would love a white one if still availabe Mark.

3 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Just think, a car with wheels that stick out the sides, a machine made for nerfing if there ever was one.
Now - text ya handler and remind him we expect about 10kg of manuka smoked Bluefin, and a selection of fresh cray tails and scallops on the half shell his first week back at club......... :lol:

(I gather the fish haven't been playing ball very well up north this year)

I’m sold. Handler caught an 11 kg Snapper today. Monster of a fish. 

Great night in the cave Mac - thanks to Race Catering as always for keeping us fed. And the Bing wings and other tasties I munched on.

For those not there. All the Legends were claimed on the night - Smithie I have yours at home.

We still have Snake to sort out, Pat?  Brendon ? [tell him what he was missing Snake. ] Dave to talk into one?  Munter - these make you smile just circulating.
And I want to grab a couple of white kits. As soon as I hear back from one UK shop, I can do a final price compare, and which models are available at each.

So those who don't have one, can you check the photos above, and tell me which one you might like - or a white kit of Ford, Chevvy, possibly a Dodge available now.
White kits are a few bucks cheaper, so for some spare paint in a rattle can, and old decals, a cheaper way into one.

I was intending to grace the slotting apartment with my presence last night but a lingering case of "Concrete throat" caught by close contact with a certain pre schooler meant I stayed away.

A legend car for munter....white kit would be nice....are they available?

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Quick summary of who has which liveries so far

Mac – Dark Green Macca & a custom black
Graeme – Lime Green
Paul – Gold/Black
Ryan & Mark  – Light Blue
Rod & JK-  Red Macca
Mark - Christmas Red
Smithy & Mark – Yellow
Marty  –  White  (and there is a white spare, as I am going to do a custom white kit)
Richard & Peter –  Gulf
Peter also has some others, I forget which.

John - yes they are. There are white kits of Ford, Chevvy, and a Dodge.
I didn't hear back from that one place about the freight. Retailers are selling out in USA and UK since I grabbed the first lot.
So I am about to "make an executive decision" and grab a bundle of cars including a selection of white kits.
After that, if anyone wants a random livery I didn't source, Armchair have a reasonable selection, and Tony has a couple of "dealer specials" and a couple of white kits.
legends4.jpg

13 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Dave to talk into one?  

have got a Legend already after doing a deal with Hotrod

I have the black & gold Smokey's #13

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

13 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Dave to talk into one?  

have got a Legend already after doing a deal with Hotrod

I have the black & gold Smokey's #13