HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

5 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

get ya butt back in club where it belongs, you miserable Nerfing-Viper-ex-Scarfie. We need fresh-ish meat to kick, even recycled meat.
- Sorry you are stuck in the Bay longer, but we'll assist with boredom relief until you can escape small-town.

Here's the weekend program. If you aren't working today, I could bring you out with me, if you don't have a car - leaving Taradale at 9:30am for Macs.

Friday

10am      Doors open for practice, preference for visiting drivers

4pm        Driver briefing

4:15pm Scrutineering Opens, cars then go to Parc Ferme

6pm        Scrutineering finishes and track closes

6:30pm  228 Guppy Road, Taradale. Pizza  drinks provided. Slot Shop open 

Saturday

8:45 am         Venue opens, qualifying order posted

9:10 am         Qualifying begins

10:00 am  Race One begins

11:30 am Race Two begins

1.00 pm  Lunch break (if we are on time, or when race 2 finishes)

2:30 pm  Race Three begins
(may alter depending upon how we are going for time)

7.00 pm Dinner and presentations at the Thai Lotus restaurant, Gloucester Street Taradale. [ Own Cost ] They have a bar, and also BYO for wine $5 a bottle.  They will have 5 chefs out back Saturday night, so all our meals can be presented in a fairly short space of time.

Sunday

9:30 am  228 Guppy Road open for some friendly racing, Group C and Group 5. And I will have the shop open.

11:30am She’s all over rover.

Looking forward to it! See you all on the track 

• Like 1

I'm going in early. I saw how fast Mac had made Pat's car while adding weight.
I have soooo much nobbling to do at Parc Ferme, JUST to see if I can make it to the mid pack in qualifying. crash.gif

We had 2 guys in the 6.8s !!! -- with DTMS !!!  and a couple more at 7.0s  - all visitors apart from Mac.

And after a frustrating day for Steve Wall trying to get his Opel anywhere nice, I did a tyre swap with him at the last minute, as I was convinced he had cooked them as well as the motor we replaced in his several hours on track.  He promptly did a 7.1 on white, and decided he had the beast cured.bravo.gif 
He now has an Opel with wheels off mine, a "heart" from my spare Alfa . . . . and will probably kick by butt today.

Gill has no right, no right at all to be doing lazy 7.3s, while busy chatting on the phone . . . it's unnatural, he should be checked for alien life implants.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I may have a solution to that Pedro....... I haven't paid the caterer yet. She may be around to repossess the calories.  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks also to Mac, and to Roscoe and Pedro for bringing extra cold drinks, Sir Lord Snake for the Rocky Road [he deserves a title of some kind for taking over production of that from ma ans sister], Mrs Pedro for the Brownie . . . and I am sure I have missed a couple more.
Mac and Race Catering the 2nd (Grace) may not thank us, as they have to eat their way through the sugar laden leftovers - should be all sorted in a week or three.

And a huge thanks to everyone from HBMRC for making the racing visitors feel so welcomed. The Wellie guys, especially Matt who was traveling to a major event for the first time, Steve from Omokoroa, commented what a great vibe we had there. 
It was good to see so many other general visitors turn up to watch. One of Smithy's guys is a local..... maybe we can hoover him up. 
Coffee grinder recalibrated..... about 150grams of beans and several espressos down the hatch - I served Matt a rubbish coffee Friday night, something must have got stuck in the burr mechanism.
Right, better go to the delousing station, some of the out of towners are due here in under half an hour.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I'll try to make it Pat but no promises.

I've had jury service this week and I'm still not off the hook, meanwhile there's a backlog at work and they are screaming for me to get some product made.

So even if I get out of the courthouse I might be donkey deep at work......

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

10 minutes ago, Mad-Marty said:

Cant make racing this week lads, I have been summons by my employer. 

He's probably just getting poxy that you're having all the fun, and he has been declared 'persona non grata' for making rude comments about the racing.
Mess with his mind, take him an invoice from the club for promoting the firm on track borders.

Guys, I am about 50/50 for tomorrow. 

Sheesh,  we didn't even reprise the racing last week.

It was a great night at Upham Downs. Graeme has settled back in, Munter seems to be catching the bug again.... 
Jurassic Park is alive and rolling with a reptile back in the house. 

A spot of the modified 70s' Scaley F1s

And now to this week.  Oakland Raceway - doors open as usual for practice at 6pm, but if anyone needs to true any tyres, etc, feel free to come from 5:30

We are back to week 1

Week 1

1 BTCC (British Touring Cars Championship) - [ Modern ERA Scalextric models - MG6, VW Passat, BMW 125, Honda Civic Type R] - and Crockett's BMW 320?

2 Muscle Cars

3 1965 to 1980 sports

Gotta find me one of those Bimmers like Crockets ...............