HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Thanks Mark - so it was a one-off experiment but it sounds like you learnt a lot. When I went back a thread or 2 I see where you threatened to do same.

I originally set mine at 11 volts to allow people time to get used to my new track although it is a short and pretty basic design. Really only a test track. After three meeting however it has sort of become semi - permanent. Our newer drivers still find it quite a challenge.

I use the same technique with my grand kids but start them at 6 -7 volts and work up as they improve. My 7 year old can now drive a good handling car at 11 volts.

Our other tracks are all run at 12 volts. 

Not sure what JK means by high grip but as I have said before all Taranaki cars with exception of standard Scaly GT's are run with sticky tape only. Because Scaly tyres tend to get shiny we usually give them a light sand prior to racing and sometimes between. We run almost exclusively Slot-it N22 tyres on all other classes.

I recall Mac's track was very grippy with N22's and gluing and truing only with sticky tape between races and the odd bit of spit.

Will look with interest to see what you do in future.

Regards Chas Le Breton

I am a definite maybe - probably....., but will depend on how Glenda is doing on the day.
- Nice that it is close to home 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I'm not sure if I will make it tonight Bingo. If I do I will be late.

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Thanks for the rumble guys. I felt like I had stumbled into an alternate reality almost entirely populated by NSR Moslers. 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Falls Road Results. A small group in attendance; had to drag Jak in to marshal. Some good close races and a learning curve for Graeme. Moslers reigned on the night.

Pre 65, Group C & GT1.............Race Positions then Lap TimesSOgO4w1.jpg?1

Ty5iGvD.jpg?1

Group C

zduFej8.jpg?1

ejoiwSH.jpg?1

GT1/Moslers

Y9itg1B.jpg?1

biTsC7f.jpg?1

Thanks Mark - so it was a one-off experiment but it sounds like you learnt a lot. When I went back a thread or 2 I see where you threatened to do same.

I originally set mine at 11 volts to allow people time to get used to my new track although it is a short and pretty basic design. Really only a test track. After three meeting however it has sort of become semi - permanent. Our newer drivers still find it quite a challenge.

I use the same technique with my grand kids but start them at 6 -7 volts and work up as they improve. My 7 year old can now drive a good handling car at 11 volts.

Our other tracks are all run at 12 volts. 

Not sure what JK means by high grip but as I have said before all Taranaki cars with exception of standard Scaly GT's are run with sticky tape only. Because Scaly tyres tend to get shiny we usually give them a light sand prior to racing and sometimes between. We run almost exclusively Slot-it N22 tyres on all other classes.

I recall Mac's track was very grippy with N22's and gluing and truing only with sticky tape between races and the odd bit of spit.

Will look with interest to see what you do in future.

Regards Chas Le Breton