HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

On 2/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, David Carter said:

For Only Retard Drivers, Forced On Reluctant Drivers,  F#@ker only runs downhill,  Frequent Overhaul Ripid deterioration, 

Follow Our Rusty Dogsled,  Found On Redneck's Driveway,  Found On Road Dead. I can carry on but who needs to waste their time with Fords anyway:P

You missed   -   First On Race Day  

& I couldn't let this go unanswered. B)

Horrible Old Lump of Decrepit Engineering Nonsense

Holden Owners Lose Drags Every Night

Hold On Love Damn Engines Nackered

ps  Hurry up & get that Monaro finished!

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Is Richie a FORD man???????

How does Crockett get a ride with him?????

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

2 hours ago, Capri-corn7 said:

You missed   -   First On Race Day  

& I couldn't let this go unanswered. B)

Horrible Old Lump of Decrepit Engineering Nonsense

Holden Owners Lose Drags Every Night

Hold On Love Damn Engines Nackered

ps  Hurry up & get that Monaro finished!

F@#ked Offensive Retarded danger, Fell Off Rubish Dumpster, Forgotten  On Rubbish Day, F@#kin Over Rubbishing decrepitness, wasting to much quality Holden time

Ps. Will get on it

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I agree with you that That Guy is a rare breed of cool, but you Ford/Holden nutters really need to get out more. 

cQyhPIql.jpg

Anyway, back in 1/32 Land.... this Sideways BMW GT3 arrived from Slotraceshop today so I tuned it up after work. Converted to sidewinder. Lead in the pod pocket. Slot It orange bell. Ultragrips. You know the drill.

So easy to set up and such a lovely car on the track - nice and nimble for a long car and really planted. Love it.  

• Like 1

Podiums are for short people.

Hey Chaps - a request from our distant Magnet racing 3rd cousins..
They don't have a good source for individual magnets and where wondering if we'd be able to help out with any barrels & rectangles.

I believe they load up their chassis & crank the Volts way up.  :rolleyes:
So if you have a large pile like I do bring some along on Thursday and I can pass them on.  

Happy to pay too?   I reckon I just ask Glenn at Cool Toys to look after the boys next time they are in....

Cheers

Edited by Capri-corn7

I have already donated all the Scaley ones I had to the Glenn-Gofast appeal  :)
Roscoe is going to collect Alan for Pedro's Thursday night. so they are both starters.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Ditto from me.  The flow is so good now, even the bits that didn't change...?

Thanks too for working up those Legends - such a cool little car, and has my vote for a new club class.

Some pics & results -   Marty get your vids up!!

Legends House Class    

jGGaby2l.jpg

YXSWGrHl.jpg

tDnIiytl.jpg

RHKTyrZl.jpg

Scaley F1s

TBecOApl.jpg

E79gISFl.jpg

GT3

26i8l2Sl.jpg

bSGFtMal.jpg

4 hours ago, Capri-corn7 said:

Thanks too for working up those Legends - such a cool little car, and has my vote for a new club class.

Legends House Class 

I love the look of them. Someone told me - was it Pedro?, or someone on Wellington when I raced there; ....
that being short and wide, they handle pretty well.  I have been thinking of setting up a house-set for my track for some time.

I just spoke to Cookie about them, saying you guys had a play last night.

He has a few in stock, but logistics of minimum quantities from Pioneer make future stocks difficult.

He sent me pics. He has a few white kits, 2 of the light coloured Gulf, and one dark blue Gulf - which is hard to get now.
$80 for white kits, $110 for the liveried cars.  And a couple of dealer specials - but they are above $200 each - ouch.

tonylegends.jpg

He is okay with me bringing them in from USA, so I am going to buy a bunch regardless of whether we get around to doing anything more with them in club.
We have so many club classes, I don't want to be the one leading the way to burden people with an extra car they have to buy.

I can post some pics of liveries somewhere for local club guys, so anyone who wants one, can have a browse,

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yeah i was thinking about a week 6. My idea would be that we all chipped in to buy an initial 3 which could then be shared until everyone secured one. This way the cost is spread over everyone and becomes more affordable; even at an equal share $30 bucks each. As time went on individual would no doubt buy their own but the pressure to do so wouldn't be there. It wouldn't be long before I bought one personally but not everyone is in that position or should feel left out as a result........i have caught something since moving to the Hawkes Bay & its not COVID

The second class in week 6 be a mini endurance\team race or a handicapped race.

I'm sure we could come up with with some enjoyable novel ideas and produce a win win for all.

Edited by Bingo

Thanks Peter, your track is now my new favorite. It just flows so well on all 3 lanes, there is not one spot I don't  like but that back sweeper is just so awesome.

I loved the legends, such a cool car to race. But I won't  be buying one anytime soon, I still have cars that need sorting to complete  all the classes we have now plus some other projects 

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

33 minutes ago, David Carter said:

I loved the legends, such a cool car to race. But I won't  be buying one anytime soon, I still have cars that need sorting to complete  all the classes we have now plus some other projects 

All good, mine will be available from time to time for a change.

When I get some time I have other potential odd ball house class cars.

Thanks for the comments about the track, I am pleased with how it has changed for the better, and of course I liked it before.

Harry Wise has done a good run through on these, and the basic things they need done for wood track racing.

Text and helpful videos here. https://homeracingworld.us/TeamHRW/2019/12/09/pioneer-legends-series/ 
Will be interesting for Pedro to compare this with his own setup, and add his thoughts - Is the gear one just because you had one spinning Peter?  Or does the change to a higher? Lower?  ratio help the feel on track?
Harry's review was done on some of the first liveries, they may have sorted the guide and front axle issues since then, for later models.
Regardless, it's all pretty simple stuff, and Bingo has guide adapters so you can lower the guide easily. I bought a bunch :) Couldn't help myself. 
When mine come in about a month, I'll pull them apart to compare.

Some are earlier liveries, some are later ones in different colours, so I will have a comparison. 

P062.jpgP063.jpg

P067.jpg  P068.jpg 

P078.jpg P080.jpg

P081.jpg P082.jpg

P083.jpg 
And yes, that is a snowman in the Red Christmas livery . .  . I failed my grinch status

On 3/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, Mad-Marty said:

The Track I've been waiting for, However for me it will be more about Pedro's RC Bikes than the racing.

Can someone please txt me the address. 021427380

So . . . . have you told Simone you need a bigger garage yet? 

My legends prep.

I did not remove the tyres from the wheels, or the wheels from the axles. Just popped out axles and glue and true. Superglue on fronts.

I lowered the chassis, in hindsight this probably was not necessary, all bushes JB welded in place. I forgot the side play in the front axle on 2  of the cars, so they still have some side to side play.

Guides were too sloppy for my liking so I replaced them with scale auto ones I had on hand.

Replaced motor wires, glued motors in place.

Added a chunk of church roof in the middle, to approx 75 gms running weight.

2 of the house class cars got superglue on the spur gear in the build, as they were loose, I fear the spur and wheel may be superglued together.

the 3rd car felt ok so it was not glued but was spinning on the night!!

I did not add a guide adapter, brain fade, I will add them.

The cars come with 12 tooth pinion and a 13 tooth for high speed tracks. I will compromise by replacing the spurs with 32 teeth, down from 33 teeth. this is about equivalent to a 12.5 tooth pinion? I am ok with the plastic pinion gear.

They feel subtly different, easier to drive, but that my be just because I am playing alone when the cars always go better.