HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Hey Den. It's a old Scalextric March 6 Wheeler, without the clip on / trailing rear axle set. The spoiler comes from an old Ferrari 312 team car. I painted it, added a bit of detail here and there,  and threw on some decals I had lying around.

We race these old 80's Scalex F1 cars in our local group, and it's a very popular class. Some old info and set up detail HERE  

On our gloss, high grip tracks they handle superbly. A good one should lap with times very close to a well set up Slot It. Great fun. 

Podiums are for short people.

And what Mac doesn't have, I will try and help Graeme with cars. Would be great to have him back hanging out

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

1 hour ago, Roscoe said:

Mac, my friend Graeme is after a few cars for our classes, if you have anything, put them aside for me pse.

I just picked up a bunch of cars to work on / trade. They will hopefully be here before Thursday so our guys can see if they want anything. There will deffo be some good options for Graeme. 

Podiums are for short people.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:53 AM, slotmadmac said:

Hey Den. It's a old Scalextric March 6 Wheeler, without the clip on / trailing rear axle set. The spoiler comes from an old Ferrari 312 team car. I painted it, added a bit of detail here and there,  and threw on some decals I had lying around.

We race these old 80's Scalex F1 cars in our local group, and it's a very popular class. Some old info and set up detail HERE  

On our gloss, high grip tracks they handle superbly. A good one should lap with times very close to a well set up Slot It. Great fun. 

Thanks Mac ...

As  I have a couple of the March 6-wheelers I should have spotted the likeness but the rear wing threw me. We used to have a chain of discount stores in Tassie called Chickenfeed and they  often sold $2 'push toys' that were very good 1:24 representations of actual cars, and I did a couple of slot conversions.

A bit out of character for you to be turning 6-wheelers into 4-wheelers ... it's usually the other way round (i.e. your lock-down projects)!!

Yes there's plenty of life left in some of those older Scalextric F1s. I've given one of my old Tyrrells the front axle tube and modern guide treatment. And I have read that in the UK they have  the 'Heart Of England' series for these old classics. One class for minor mods, and the other that allows more freedom for modifications.

Den

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Should be there. Anyone have a spare pre 65? If not no worries

Yep I do, I'll go out to the garage now and nobble it so you don't beat me  :lol::lol:

• Like 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Does anyone remember who this "Capri-Corn" guy is ?
If so please post photo-evidence....   sorry.gif

We must be about due your cave Pat.. hint hint  xslotx.gif

For our local club guys only - In case anyone wants one - (about the same price as a ticket to Queenstown) - I am bringing in a few of these for customer orders next month.
But too expensive to carry a bunch here and stock in the shop, so if you are interested in a new box, holler now.

5075b.jpg

5075b-2.jpg

The young have no fear, they haven't crashed enough......... :lol: 

But really, if you breed them fast, you just have to accept they are gunna run ya down eventually. :ph34r:

I just got motivated. 

Trolled Jaycar this morning. Took both brands and all 3 versions of XLR cable plug, and all 3 brands/versions of the female socket, and played with them interchangeably, for locking, wriggle lateral movement and linear play.
Decided the original black socket is still the best option, with the original cable plugs, or the orange bodied waterproof version a few people are using. Check.

White lane XLR socket replaced. Check.

Red lane dissected.....
Applied a 1.5amp fixed load, and switched it in and out, but didn't get any voltage drop at the braid point directly above the drops. Check.
Reconnected/resoldered power connections from controller station to track braid, and ran an M12 screw through them for good measure. Check.
Opened up controller station, and examined all wiring and solder joint integrity. Check. 
Followed wiring from XLR socket back to the chocolate block where the power for each lane comes from.They are just 4 pairs of the same gauge heavy duty auto wires in parallel, and red lane is actually the shortest pair. Couldn't find a fault. Check.
Removed the bi-direction switch from the controller panel circuit for good measure - JUST in case there is a fault on the contacts, and some resistance creeping in. Check.
Re-soldered all XLR socket connector wires just for good measure. Check.

I know it felt sluggish last round at my place, - first time I had noticed it myself, but I couldn't find any fault in testing, and didn't identify any dodgy connections...... so I don't know.

It feels the same as white lane right now when driving a Scalex F1 around it. SO I guess we will see what happens next time the locusts descend.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:13 AM, SlotsNZ said:

Does anyone remember who this "Capri-Corn" guy is ?
If so please post photo-evidence....   sorry.gif

We must be about due your cave Pat.. hint hint  xslotx.gif

Sorry team 

Cave is a mess as having a big sort out.  Still not back in the groove just yet so can't host this week...

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

At least he sent a picture, so we remember what he looks like :D

capricorn.png

Bingo, you must be next cab off the rank