HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I have been using The Army Painter rattle cans for a while; but have recently added some colour options to my longstanding matt black obsession. They don't deliver quite as fine a finish as Tamiya but are more than adequate for my needs and at $20-$25 for a 400ml can, they're obviously good value. They're self priming too; no need for a primer pre coat. Recommend. 

8ihuVe8l.jpg 

Podiums are for short people.

ahhhhhhh.... I KNEW I recognised that colour pallete - That you that's been tagging the statues all over Hastings Mac?   :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Lo siento Pedro. I'm not going to make it to Nueva Bahia Vista this time due to other commitments.

I look forward to the next session you host.

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Bollie in fridge, cracked cray legs ready to serve with the fresh shucked bluff oysters? 

Just trying to offer helpful suggestions . . . . . .  

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Missed you Smithy.  We christened Bahia Vista V2 the new.

bahia21-1.jpg

bahia21-2.jpg

BTCC

0bahiaBTCC.jpg

Muscle

bahiamuscle.jpg

65 - 80 Sports

bahiasports.jpg

Wow Pedro; what a set up! Talk about raising the Slot Cave bar - and the extensions to Bahia Vista have made a world of difference. I think that back sweeper is my favourite track section in the Bay now. Loving your work, mate.  

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

Thanks guys, it helped identify a couple of issues, we probably need at least one more marshall, maybe two more, at least until people get the hang of the track. Car set up is crucial. I am quietly really pleased with how the extension has changed the nature of the track.

A couple of minutes with the steel rule after everyone left identified the issue on blue lane on the front straight, I will get onto fixing that next week. I haven’t looked at the section going up the overpass yet, but as that only upset one of Marks cars so..............

Thunderslots are the best, mine was nearly as fast as Mac’s best track lap of 6.77secs.

• Like 1

Hi Pedro. Luv your new track. Looks even better than the one old and it was good too although I have never run either.

Have been waiting on you HBites to visit us for about 10 years so I might have to visit you again for about the 10th time in the same period. Keen also to see a couple of new tracks in Hamilton/Te Awamutu.

Hope some of you guys are going to the RTR Nats in Auckland. No candidates probably from New Plymouth but we do get around quite a bit. Young Paul and I were in Auckland last weekend and I am in Wellington this weekend.

Great to see HB have such a strong group of slotties.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Pedro and all.

My new track is not quite as smooth as our other 2 pot jobs. It has 2 coats of water based acrylic overlain with 2 coats of Carbothane clear matt lacquer. It appears good for smoothing slightly rough tyres but does not appear to affect finished N22 tyres. Appears good surface for NSR Super and Ultragrip, N22 and Thunderslot tyres. All paint was applied with brush. The copper tape is slightly indented and this seems to have worked well also. The dead strip timing system I used (like 1/24th metal tracks) is also performing faultlessly and has now been copied on 2 other tracks in Hamilton and Auckland. I have not tried 1/24th metals cars yet but a short trial proved the lane spacing (110mm) and Gutter (150mm) adequate.

Visitors to our fortnightly race meetings are always welcome but let us know beforehand please. We run anything from 5-7classes depending on numbers present. These include Standard Scaly GT; Aussie V8; Slot-it Group C; Open F1 GP; Muscle Car, Group 5, Open GT. Tyre cleaning sticky tape only although we do allow the odd buss on tyre sanding board with water for mainly standard Scaly tyres (mainly for Standard Scaly GT class).

Regards Chas Le Breton