HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Time I got back on the horse, Oakland Raceway this week for all interested.

Usual story, doors open 6pm, bring what you want to eat and drink - ceremonial offerings of whitebait fritters, seafood pizza, fresh cooked cray and Mouton-Rothschild ( or Grange at a pinch)  will be gratefully received.

Let's get on roster.

Week 5

1 Australian Touring Cars

2 Scalextric F1

3 GT3

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yo all.  As some may already have read this morning, the DTM is back on, dates 9 - 11 April.

I think Crocket and Pedro had previously indicated they would take some roles - but I will start afresh looking for volunteers for some roles over the weekend.

HOST                          - Mac
SCRUTINEERS           - Mark &  ?? 
RACE CONTROLLER - TBA
STEWARDS                 - TBA
VISITOR HELPERS     - 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

29 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Hi I can get there but I must be away by 8:30. Another date ;)

Ya two-timing so-and-so...... are you seeing the RC types...... 

See you tomorrow.

I'll get the Aircon running early !
Warning:  The kitchen staff will be on strike - probably in the pool, we're on our own for food.
The garage fridge has a decent selection of bevvies.

Track Cleaned:    check
Shed cleared:      check
Fridge filled:        check
Aircon cooling:   check

Oakland Raceway is ready for rumble

oaklandjan21.jpg

Did ya's all spot the wally though. 

One guy blew up his controller, had one car with a pinion spinning on the motor shaft, and another one played dead on the start-line for no apparent reason - other than braids that looks like they had been raised in a coal mine. Wot a plonker

Had a coffee with Roscoe this morning, so he is definitely alive out there.
His verdict on last night was that it was too flaming hot, and the old Arnie warning "I'll be back" 

17 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

Did ya's all spot the wally though. 

That was a bad run, for sure. Tech dramas are such a downer - especially on your home track - but while you are in fix it mode, remember that red lane has a power issue and there is still an intermittent  fault with the white lane controller plug.  :ph34r:

It was funny hearing the clack clack clack of your old slot it controller. I always hated those noisey things! 

Podiums are for short people.

The problem with the white lane appears more there, because it is my practice lane, but the problem will appear on all lanes in time - It already manifested on blue as well.
I already replaced white lane  and blue lane plugs last year.
The issue appears to be connected the range of brands of XLR plug being used by members now. The plug pin diameters vary from brand to brand, by over 0.1mm

Once the orange coloured plugs sold by Jaycar have been used for a while, the socket pins get splayed open wider, causing the problem for other brands of plug, with the pins not getting a secure connection.
- I've Done a bunch of tests with 3 brands of plugs on this, as it has been frustrating me to the nines.
I changed my own normal controller to one of those orange plugs.

It will begin to appear on other tracks around club as well.
There may be three reliable cures
1 - use only one brand of plugs, and repalce some of the sockets that are getting splayed
2) Switch all tracks to that orange brand that Jaycar sell
3) switch all tracks to jug plugs.

Other than that, all I can do is replace the sockets once again.

Are people interested in this racing this week, or  is everyone winding up for the coming long weekend?

“Warbirds over Awatoto” is on  too.

If there are enough takers I can tidy up and offer racing at “Bahia Vista”.

week 1

1) BTCC

2) Muscle cars

3) 1965-1980 sports

Ready to rumble - and controller fixed. I hadn't managed to blow it up after all. It was just a broken joint inside a pot, from the 654,298 times I dropped it in the last 8 years... 
Now sporting a stylish shunt wire from the main board to a spare pin on the offending sensitivity pot, and the rotation adjusts sensitivity in the opposite direction... works for me...
I suppose everyone will want one next, as some kind of twisted slot fashion statement to show their battle scars.