HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

1 hour ago, Pedro51 said:

I have to move the drivers stations, the track is a bit higher - more storage underneath, so apart from Mac and Ryan we would need boxes to stand on to see the top of the flyover. 

I should get the braid recesses routed tomorrow, then onto painting the new section.

I dropped  your mitre saw off today, it is in the new carport

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Mark in relation to your comments on the Taradale Facebook page re speeding down Guppy Rd. You realise that a few guilty parties might be fellow “sloties” who whilst departing a Thursday race night take off like they still have a controller in their hands. 

Ah well I wouldn't know that as we can only clock the ones actually passing our house  at high enough speed to blow the dust up off the road.
- It would be so sad if a fellow clubbie was accidentally caught in the crossfire of the Mossad led firestorm we are organising  .......  :ph34r::ph34r:
snipe.gifsnipe.gifsnipe.gifsnipe.gifsnipe.gifsnipe.gif
rocket.gif  rocket.gif  rocket.gif  rocket.gif  rocket.gif

It is really bad though, we regularly see cars exceeding 100kph in a 50kph area with a lot of walkers and cyclists. 

Between that and the Black Power v Mob skirmishes going on, Taradale is feeling like a suburbia version of the south auckland turf wars at present. 
Nothing that a month with the SAS running the local police couldn't sort. Police are totally ineffective, we've had 6 gang incidents SINCE the shooting at McDonalds. 
Two in the last week.The 3 injured got reported in the press, but the bank was in lockdown 2 days ago due to one, and it didn't even make social media, let alone national media. 
Glenda had to skedaddle home...

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Great night of racing guys.  Good to see Michael and the Handler back. 14 is a great turnout for December. We missed ya JK. 

oaklanddec2020-1.jpg

oaklanddec2020-2.jpg

NASCAR results - whoever came 14th, - you aren"t showing. This race results screen only has 13 places - I better up the numbers visible on screen
Crockett, whatever that Nascar of yours drinks for juice, it must be illegal - we're sending the Narc squad over to give it a breath test. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

oaklanddec2020-3.jpg

oaklanddec2020-4.jpg

DTM Result 

oaklanddec2020-5.jpg

Some Group 5 action

Group 5 result

oaklanddec2020-6.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Very cool night.   Thanks Mark and all. Definitely some awesome dices all through the field... 

I'm good for hosting next week.  I'll put out a reminder next week so it don't get buried. 

Plus if I get some shed time this weekend... I might put something different on.... B)

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Track wiring is doing my head in. But I think I have cracked it, my careful labelling of wires before I cut them failed due to mixing up the wires I was labelling, and the odd label falling off. Track construction is not quite finished but I got sidetracked and red lane is working, no track call button or power off yet.

Both looking low and mean on the Bing Ring. I'm a big fan of those Scaley Camaros. 

I had a good score this week. Finally got the MG Vanquish JPS Lotus I have lusted after for ages. Been chasing an affordable one for well over 10 years and picked this up on TradeMe for $60. Happy days!

xRrfkrnl.jpg

It's such a lovely model. 1/28 scale.

HSWjovvl.jpg

Not sure if I will work it up or leave it as is. Probably the later. I think it's the best looking slot car model I've owned so it probably deserves an unmolested life on the shelf.   

I did molest a Slot It Lola for our LMP class, though. I've never been a fan of the Slot It long can anglewinders, but this one seems to have the goods. Smooth and fast. 

PmPNHLdl.jpg

There were quite a Slot It LMPs racing here 2 weeks ago. Can anyone remember what their lap times were like? 

Podiums are for short people.

15 minutes ago, slotmadmac said:

6.3 is superfast. The older you get, the faster you were? 

Yeah, that's Pie-Boy not the Mighty Munter

• Like 1

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

I ran my new LMP then had to leave.  It is about the fastest I have been able to get an LMP - never my best work those things.
In practice, I had it down to about 6.6, in race I think a 6.9. 

I finished mid pack, but I think that was mainly because I had a really &*!#%&!%  run on one lane. I was probably 4th or 5th quickest.
Does Ryan recall his best times - we were neck in neck in a couple of heats.

I don't recall LMPs actually going as fast as GT1 (which in theory they should be), or 65-80 sports and Group 5 which the fastest ones are all doing mid 6s
Plus they are long wheelbase. As most LMP are either boxer or Flat-6 in angle-winder, getting rid of glitches caused by chassis/pod distortions on wood is difficult.

Mac - you should aim to build something than can get JUST under 8.7 seconds, we'll all be happy with that :lol::ph34r:

That Lotus - sheesh, I didn't see that. Gorgeous. Wanted one of them myself for years too.  They are 1:28th
Keep it as a display.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:29 AM, Capri-corn7 said:

Very cool night.   Thanks Mark and all. Definitely some awesome dices all through the field... 

I'm good for hosting next week.  I'll put out a reminder next week so it don't get buried. 

Plus if I get some shed time this weekend... I might put something different on.... B)

New thread title  "The Unburying" - Pat, are we doing week 5 or something different. 

And all, probably our last week - will be for me at least, the usual activities are ramping up