HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I am a definite maybe. - We have ex pat friends arriving Waitangi or Thursday from "mainland"

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

pakaru mai te haunga o tā koutou, ēngari kei ahau he pānui mō koutou katoa

Sorry guy's but I will not be hosting any rounds for a fair while this year due to some changes around here so I no longer have the space for everyone

I can still use the track for testing, practice and such though

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

No sweat Crockett. Hope all is ok with you. I am always happy to host

We need to get that final round of the Jag Challenge run on the Anaconda so I can get the cars back to their owners. That 5 race series has been going for almost a year!

And we need to set a Saturday or Sunday date for the Harmon Memorial.

Podiums are for short people.

Well I am having the grand opening the 14th, - but I want it to be a club night for everyone, not an event where many don't have cars involved.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hope all is ok with you.

yep all good

the wife has given up looking after kids at home and has got a job in a child care centre instead

so I have had to remove the slotbox shelves to make space for some stuff that she wants to hold onto for now

hopefully I will be able to get rid of it at some stage and start hosting again

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Thanks for opening up last night Peter. Thanks mrs Peter for the most excellent B&E pie.... I did my fair share to try and avoid wastage - I probably did somebody else's fair share too.

Classes for ye old, grand re-opening, one in a merry fairground lifetime of Oakland Raceway.

Looking at our roster of 5 weeks of slow-medium-fast classes, the "Slow" classes are looking a bit sorry - We no longer race Fly trucks, A lot have either broken Cartrix or none [And I have got no where with Diego - who has the best Spanish, Peter or JK?], a lot don't have the old Scaley Nascars which aren't being made any more.

- Maybe we need to start talking about a revamp of what classes we run, and whether we need to tweak any of the rules for those classes for practical purposes with cars/brands having come and some gone the past 4 or 5 years.

Food for thought and kicking around

Link for the new guys to preuse http://www.auslot.co...-racing-roster/

Meanwhile to get us going for next week. I will supply a set of 4 DTM cars for a House class to get the night started

Followed by

Fly Capri

65 to 80 sports.

Paul - if you are able to bring your camera and nab some stills and video for now and future use, I would be very grateful.

Glenda will bring out ample food for all, so no need to bring supper next week, but bring whatever you want to drink during and after racing.

Thanks for coming guys, the shed is looking good.

After a brief test run with Mark on Fiorano track (digital BLST/Carrera), it was clear more running is needed on the “non racing line” to fully clean the braid. I have done a bit more running this morning with a ghost car and it is improving lap by lap.

It is neat once you get the hang of being switched lanes to pass, but watching two cars is a challenge, and driving the wrong car is a real possibility. We will see how it works with 3 or 4 cars.

ok classes

cartrix - we did decide to allow scaly cars in as they are easy to get but do run a 18k motor so we might have come up with a motor rule on that one

what rpm motor does the catrix cars run

muscle cars - no probs there

65-80 sports - no probs there

pre 65 sports - was originally ninco but they are now very expensive if you can find one so having scratch built cars is a good way to go

the motor rule is 16k but as we know the ninco motor is 16k at 14v and some are running 16k srp motors which are very clearly a lot faster than the ninco so we should allow update the ninco cars to this motor. they are only like $12 so a good cheap way to go

GRPC - no probs

GT1 - no probs

Aussie V8's - we now allow them to be lowered and a guide change but these cars are getting expensive as well so unless some are willing to part with any extra's they have on the shelf at a good price we may have to re think this class

Fly Capri - has merged into grp5 but we do sometimes race them as their own class, not to sure how easy it is to get these cars now

LMP - no probs

Nascar - nascar and classic nascar are now in the same class. can pick up the modern nascar fairly easy out of the USA but exchange rate & postage tends to make them very expensive

Classic nascar - monogram and Revell hard and expensive to get nowadays so scratch built/ kit bash cars is a good way to go

GRP5 - no probs

Fly truck - no longer racing them

Scaly F1 - fairly cheap and easy to get out of the UK, Mac has a good source for these cars

Pugs 406 - hard to get and are a major handful to drive, we haven't raced them in ages. they do fit into one of the GT classes

the newer classes are

GT3 - no probs

Touring car/ ATCC-Bathurst up to 1987/88 I do believe - no probs

so

week 1

1 - Cartrix/whatever

2 - Muscle car

3 - 65-80 sports

week 2

1 - Pre-65 sports

2 - Slot it grpc

3 GT1

week 3

1 - Aussie V8's

2 -

3 - Lmp

week4

1 - Nascar/classic nascar

2 -

3 - grp5

week 5

1 - Scaly F1

2 - Touring car

3 - GT3

there are still 2 spare spots

what have I missed

I haven't put Fly truck, Pugs & Fly Capri in

do we want to use 2 of these 3 or do we look at something new like maybe DTM, house class etc

we should maybe plan for a meeting soon and discuss as a group where we want to go

thats my 2 cents worth anyway's but open to what ever

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Nice one Crockett. Agree with your views. My 5c:

I like regular classes being raced in a set roster so everyone knows what to prep for racing The big question is 'do we drop another class and go to a 4 week roster or add in 2 and keep the rotation at 5?' My suggestion is to drop Cartrix and move to a 4 week roster. Cartrix are quite hard to get and very $$$ now. I really like Cartrix and we can still race them occasionally if a host chooses to sub them in to the roster or to run a house class with them. They are great on the smaller tracks.

I think we all know the SRP16k motor is the way to go in the Pre '65 Sports class. As Crockett said - they're only $12. I have some spare cars using this set up that I am happy to sell and some older Ninco jags that just need a SRP16k to be competitive.

I know the Scalextric Supercar V8s aren't everyone's favourite but I think we need to keep them as they are a local icon. I have a couple for sale if anyone wants one. One is set up but battle scarred. The other is brand new.

I have lots of Scalextric NASCARs for sale. Most are set up and just need some tire prep to be competitive. I also have some Revell Fairlanes available but they will be much more expensive.

I have plenty of Classic Scalextric F1s for sale. Some are already set up and competitive.

If anyone is looking for cars to fill out your race case please feel free to ask me if I have something available. There is a good chance I will and I am always interested in slimming my collection down.

Podiums are for short people.

Yeah, I like ya work Dave, and I like Mac's suggestion to drop Cartrix as one way to go, or we could have a couple of house classes that could fill out a 5 week roster - be they the host's cars, or ones Mac or I could supply.

I am easy either way.

Dave we need Touring Car rules - the Proxy series ones should suffice. Could you throw them up here for us in Mac's standard format, so we can set up.

I have one I THINK is legal, but not sure. - And I have a few more touring cars coming, just because I am having a love affair with "grumpy Moffat" Falcons.

GT3 - we should amend the motor rules to

a ) keep that mid power rating cap in place, which seems to be working well, while

b ) updating to current motors and include a few extra motors that come stock in cars we now race, and might in future, so guys know what they can buy with a legit motor

See my comments below in red. Everything in there at present is between 9 and 11 watts.

GT3

Motor:

Short can motors:

- Slot-it Orange end bell [is now called the MX16]

- Nsr 20k shark The 22k Shark should also be in there as it isn't much more powerful, and some may find the 20k that comes stock in NSR a bit lazy.

We should also add the ScaleAuto S-can that comes in their Home Racer version GT3 cars. It is similar power - about 10.5 watts.

- Scaley stock motors which are now 19K with a bit more torque I believe - those green endbell jobbies.

Long can motors:

- Slot-it 20.5k yellow [flat 6]

-NSR 19k Spanish king [Need to add 17k Baby Kings of NSR and Sideways brand which are 17K and 245 grams torque - about 10.5/11 watts]

The Sideways Baby King is stock in all but one livery of their Huracan and I expect will go into their new GT3.

The Slot.it Maserati GT3 will come both in Policar fixed chassis with an MX15 or 16, and a Slot.it chassis with a Flat-6 yellow.

I think that covers all the common GT3 models, but not sure what the Black Arrow Ferrari runs, which is a very nice car.

- ScaleAuto make a couple of 18K boxer motors, but they have over 300 g/cm torque and are 14 watts - 30% higher, and the boxer in their "race

series cars is 21K and about 18 watts, so both those would need to be swapped out for a milder motor.

Pre 65 still presents some motor parity problems, as cars which only take an ff-050 motor, which have about half the torque and thus half the power of a S-can, are at a fair disadvantage.

If it only affects me, I can live with that, I have a selection of cars to choose for different tracks, but does it affect anyone else who can't mix and match?

the touring car rules are fairly open but has a 18k motor max & max 15ish x 10 rims

and hard body

Ooooh, it is a "beast class"

Soooooo, ideal setup - a Slot.it or NSR chassis with inline long can pod, a ScaleAuto SC27 or SC28 18k FK180 developing 14 watts - - - - The later falcooooooon is wide enough to harbour a setup that would drag off our GT3 cars

.... maybe we SHOULD make it a bit less extravagant Dave.

Especially if we want the smaller, higher cars like the Sierras and Toranas to be able to compete. - thoughts and ideas guys ?

the touring car rules are fairly open but has a 18k motor max & max 15ish x 10 rims

and hard body

Ooooh, it is a "beast class"

Soooooo, ideal setup - a Slot.it or NSR chassis with inline long can pod, a ScaleAuto SC27 or SC28 18k FK180 developing 14 watts - - - - The later falcooooooon is wide enough to harbour a setup that would drag off our GT3 cars

.... maybe we SHOULD make it a bit less extravagant Dave.

Especially if we want the smaller, higher cars like the Sierras and Toranas to be able to compete. - thoughts and ideas guys ?

it is a non-podded class so you can use pods but must be fixed tight, that was the rule from when we introduced this class

I found that the new sideways 17k & NSR 17k Baby king motor to be to quick for this class in a plastic chassis

I would only recommend motors like that in a car running a heavy metal chassis

I have the 17k Baby king in my Ford GTHO that has a metal chassis { 116.8g } and it is about right for racing against 18k scaly in a plastic chassis car

not to fast but has the torque to accelerate and break the extra weight

Munter now has some good resin Aussie car bodies now for those who want to build their own car

I have the Ford GTHO, Holden HT Monaro, Valiant Charger and EH Holden and I think he has a FJ Holden in the pipe line along with a couple of others

the scaly Ford XA/B/C is always going to be the car to beat in this class

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.