HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Attention all. Before someone makes a movie about us called "once were slot racers"

If any of you with a working track would like to kick it into life on Thursday evening, I have a guy coming across from Stratford who would rather like to turn laps with some of the brotherhood of the east coast.

I'll supply the hot savouries if someone can supply the electrons.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Mark. Somebody from Stratford. That sounds interesting. Do not know of any slotties in Stratford although we have one in Hawera who raced with frequently until recently.

Please let him know we are alive and well.

Regards Charles Le Breton

Heating and brownies!

I'm in!!!! :lol:

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Modesto! WTF!!!

Stay off the Gallo Dude........

Edited by j2theK

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Thanks for the host Peter. I suspect I ate more than my fair share of brownie, and your share, and JKs share and . . . .

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks for the host Peter. I suspect I ate more than my fair share of brownie, and your share, and JKs share and . . . .

well I know you didn't eat my share

worlds best brownies by far

ngā mihi ki te wahine

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

retro racing is where its at 1/24 brass and rails

I have raced them and they are a great genre of slot racing....so are you soldering a few chassis' there Pieman?

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Munter , im not that clever trevor. its hard enough keeping up with this lot in the driving department.let alone car setup. there is a really top notch builder here,goes by the name of jim fowler,his work is super duper sano.check out some of his builds on the slot blog under the scratch building section.also don't like to burn the fingers.

also doing some stamped chassis racing too to help with the race craft :ph34r:

there are some great raceways up this way too for the 1/24 stuff

"I just wanta go fast....ricky bobby"

Edited by pieguy
  • Upvote 1

The older i get, the faster i was.

I have a guy keen to come up to race on Macs the 12th, and check over his Nationals and DTM Classics entries as well as the track itself, while he is here if that date works out

Guys, this track is up for sale on Trade Me.

It belonged to Grant, he sold it and started his digital one about a year before he died.

824132105.jpg

I've been out to see it this afternoon, It has some water damage, which would be fixable by ripping up the rest of the braid, sanding the whole thing with a belt sander, - which would also get rid of his braid having been set below the track surface of 1/2 a mm. then repainting.

Upsides are, it looks like they will toss in the cars with it, the controllers and power supply are included. The controllers look to be okay - Parmas, I forgot to check the impedance, but THINK I sold Grant 25s for it.

They have offered me a Buy Now of $200 and will trailer it to site for us. I just don't have time. It would be lovely if it could have a new life with someone associated with club.

I have a guy keen to come up to race on Macs the 12th, and check over his Nationals and DTM Classics entries as well as the track itself, while he is here if that date works out

That's fine with me - we could run the TVR gig then assuming we can get a quorum. I am happy to open up this week too if you don't mind a double header. Let's go!

Podiums are for short people.

I'll be there Thursday . . . have trigger, cars, and need for speed