HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Ladies : as much as I was looking forward to bursting your slotbubbles and cliaimg my rightful quota of gloat tomorrow night I may not be there. One of my close mates lost her mum today. I will be with the family tomorrow.

Racing is still at my place though. JK is in charge of the cave. Go hard.

Podiums are for short people.

Sorry to hear Mac.

Okay, he's gone now...... sssshh, quietly - class changes, 'Chevvies, Caravans, collectable Scalexes, and all his surviving cars will be auctioned off at the end of the night to pay for the supper we're ordering in

nanline22.gifnanline22.gifnanline22.gifnanline22.gif

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

The good news is, for all you folk who weren't there - you aren't forgotten, we talked about you... ;)

The movie of the event will appear shortly, it is called "Run Pie-Guy Run" and carries the message "no actual slotters were harmed in the making of this film"

When we were done racing and laughing, we had round 3 or was it 4 or 5 of supper and then we went home.

And for the record, the gloat was evenly split . . .

Pie-Guy and I finished equal laps in all 3 classes . . and there is no truth to the ugly rumour currently circulating that we are twins separated at birth.

Next week, we are due at Oakland Raceway and the classes will be

Week 4

1 NASCAR

2 Classic NASCAR

3 Group 5

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Nearly done guys. They are doing about 6.1 on white lane on my track.

Very easy to drive, as Pat will attest from our post class racing fun last night.

I was running one neck to neck against Pie-guys V8 Supercar and we were stuck like glue for about 10 laps on Mac's track. Low 8s there.

For those that haven't been at club last couple of weeks - These are for a house-class (IROC racing) of Scalextric BMW Minis.

I have all 4 chassis rolling, I am just waiting now for a couple more cars to arrive next week to provide another donor body.

I kept the body, the raw chassis, which has been modified, and fitted ff-030 and ff-050 motors in an inline configuration.

All running gear is Slot.it

14.3 wheels with E series tyres, coated with superglue for zero grip in front. Slot.it Ferrari 312pb front inserts all round, and about 11 grams lead towards the front.

They are fairly low powered, but handle like they were stuck to the track, and are a blast to drive, very predictable.

10402473_697844853656465_4110841341822394226_n.jpg?oh=fa7d77289b701cdfe7e9c4a0caa7faeb&oe=550E1F32&__gda__=1423071320_e31ac894fd69c62d2bc3cd2a8dbddba3

10698487_697844843656466_4790747541923291788_n.jpg?oh=bffa369a234a2d255fd45a4e20149e3b&oe=5514EC0C

Well my plastic track (Carrera), is coming along nicely, a huge learning curve, but good practice for the next one.

Started as a quick job, buy table tennis table, 1520mm x 2740mm, lay out track. Then I thought if I put a sheet + of mdf on to protect it, it could be 1670mm x 2900mm. Short test was ok but it lacked a meaningful straight. Then Mark came and immediately suggested adding 1200mm on one end, so now it is 1670mm x 4280mm and I'm stopping there - for now. Just a couple more barriers for the new straights. One day I may get around to painting the borders. And I've thought of painting the track too, one day. Oh and dual use digital/analogue.

All good

Peter

They'd probably be too much car for broken down old slotters like slow-jockey though

he will never know as he is to scared to show up and get thrashed by the young guns

I admit those Mini's look good and the change of power plant is a smart idea. I didn't think any of you could handle them with the 18'000 motors lol. By the way I am still the HB Scalextric Mini champion.....signed the Gloat King.

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired

They'd probably be too much car for broken down old slotters like slow-jockey though

he will never know as he is to scared to show up and get thrashed by the young guns

I admit those Mini's look good and the change of power plant is a smart idea. I didn't think any of you could handle them with the 18'000 motors lol. By the way I am still the HB Scalextric Mini champion.....signed the Gloat King.

Gee Mac, you're right, getting Mike to take the bait IS almost more fun than beating him on the track....

jumping0045.gifjumping0045.gifjumping0045.gifjumping0045.gifjumping0045.gif

Offers always open Mike

I have finally got around to fitting new tyre's to my modern nascar today and what a difference

need to get my grp 5 finished before Thursday now

What rubber David? NSR's?

nah stock bro

one of the old tyres had gone off so had no grip

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Dave

did you pick them up locally, or have to go offshore? Mine are a bit suss as well.