HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

While I am on it the RTR enduro is the 15 and 16th August in Wellington Look on www.nzsca.co.nz for details. Get your teams sorted. Craig G and myself are forming a Palmerston North team with Gil and Paul DeLatour

Turncoats!

i may not be able to do the Enduro as we have our annual Varsity reunion in Sydney for the Bledisloe that weekend. Bugger.

Podiums are for short people.

The enduro is a great spectacle. One thing that blew me away is the pitch darkness that happened in the last race. This put me off a little as it killed my poor eye sight. Unfortunately my eyes arent getting any better.If this is going to happen again then I wont be participitating anymore. The previous race at your shed Chris was never pitch black.There was some ambience.

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Viv, speak to us Viv.

Are we going to stick with week 5 of the draft roster?

Week 5

1 Fly Trucks ---- No Rules defined

2 Scalextric F1 ---- Rules well defined

3 Peugeot 406 Silhouettes ---- Rules well defined

ps. I have one spare truck I'm willing to pass around as needed, so we could arrange driver order so it can do at least 2 drivers

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

SOooooooooooooooooo, we liked the old 'merican tin. Pictures Pat, Pictures, we need pictures.....

We're still musing on rules I guess, but here's where I THINK we've got to so far.

- No fancy chassis for older classes like this, so PCB is okay, but no pods unless they are used purely to mount the motor, and are locked solid, no HRS chassis etc. Chassis must look “roughly stock” but can be trimmed, weighted, magnet pod sawn off so we can lower them within an inch of their lives….. think Mexicans in California… Body trimming to lower allowed, like sectioning the interior glass etc.

Do we need to allow for any 70s style metal chassis - of very basic type? Didn't someone have a stamp cut chassis under a car?

- 18K replacement motor limit – as alternative to stock ones, which rev but neither stock brand of which (Carrera or Revell) have much brakes.

- Gearing free, guide and wires free.

- Weight free

- 8mm tyre width limit - I'd say still subject to a little more checking, as even the Cartrix tyres we have been using "called" 7mm, are actually 8.5mm on my calipers, and stock Scaley Nascar ones are 9.5mm. So I'm still thinking - if we wanted to use some standard modern Nascar rolling chassis, either Scaley or SCX (cheap) we might want to allow for the stock tyres to be legal - to keep things simple and costs down.

- We’ll probably use H&R Hawk 18K as THE alternate motor as it is a dual endbell/can end drive. It appears to be about the same overall power/wattage. We can then just choose our own gear ratio to suit the stock/alternate motor and our driving preference, - and it's cheap.

If we go for the Hawk, I'll stock those in bulk and supply them dirt cheap to all. - I have 3 handfuls coming, along with some jack rabbit 14K ones for pre '65

I've also grabbed some spare Revell Fairlane and Plymouth Chassis to experiment with.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I picked up a bunch of these the other day for a club night 1 hour race.

scx911_zps6694f04e.jpg

They are all the same livery so three will need painting. I've started on one...

911primed_zps2dd49457.jpg

I'll bring two stripped bodies on Thursday night. Pat and Dave - you guys drew the short straws!

Apart from when we ran a SCX rally house class here once we haven't ventured into this brand at all - so something a bit different. I'll set the 4 chassis' up - stock except for UltraGrips. Should be fun.

I set up the 4 x SCX chassis's this weekend - and painted a couple. A bit rough but good enough for the next event in the St Georges man cave.

P1040679_zps819ff15a.jpg

Pat - any progress on the shell I gave you?

If all and sundry are allowed to comment on the rules for club classes they may be a long time coming or they will be made by a few which is unfair and open to criticism. Hmmmmm sounds like the Nationals. I suspect we would still not have had our first National event if we all involved in making the rules.

In the meantime I can't see how stock cars can be illegal so that's what they will be! By the way happy to comply with any rules made for these classes and frankly grateful for the time and effort put in by those making them.

Edited by kennedyrd

dudes,keep stock cars stock.no metal or pcbs chassis.stock chassis and body,wheels and tires. gearing and guides,wires open and 18k max on the motors . preferably one make type.to make it even more interesting have a claimer rule .IE you can calm anyone's car for $25.you give them your car and $25 or more.this stops guys building high cost cars and keeps it cheap.this is used in some full sized race series in USA but only for the engine.

as for wellington dudes outsourcing there car requirements. i would have thought there should be able to do this themselves.being the genius they are,come on dudes. Craig wont see any daylight for the next 3 months,and he was look-in pretty pale the last time we saw him.

Edited by pieguy

The older i get, the faster i was.

I have just started a new thread under this one for our weekly roster racing rules. I've tried to keep things simple and straight forward.

Please don't reply or post comments in the rules thread. Posts comments here. Let's keep it clean so we have a quick reference point.

Mac