HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

For those who weren't there Thursday, the *cough cough* Group 5 race showed a real nice range of cars, we would still need to feel our way on how the rules pan out, as the bodies/brands start out with such diversity of technology. Even the differences in say the Fly 935, BWM 635 etc make any defined rules set a bit of pig and a poke, but shoot, they looked so fine circulating. I deliberately didn't run my own Racer Capri or even my Fly Race Capri, opting to 2 heats each the Fly BMW 635 and Revell 320. It meant consigning myself to mid-pack, but that was fine. I really enjoyed the race.

Mac, if you come Thursday, we want to see that 935 circulating. It should be a rocket ship at Vivs.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I agree Mark. The Group 5 is sexy. I see Mac you have the Fruit of the Loom BMW for sale. And another thing guys Mark has the Group 5 parts to make up a home car if you want to give it a go. I'm going to soon. I have a Nissan Skyline lined up to buy first for Saloon class.

As far as Cartrix goes............................ The class should be pre 65 classics. The race we had at Marks a little while back with Mac racing the E type Jag was just dandy. I enjoyed it.

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Let, I repeat....let the host choose the classes with no pressure.

You dont wanna race that class then that is OK.

I dont take part in truck class but I am not grizzling.

We need variety for sure but the never ending quest for faster and faster ends up.............wingcar racing.

As far as Cartrix goes............................ The class should be pre 65 classics

I dont quite get what you mean Smithy

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Is the HBCC a Chardonnay club? If it is, I'm in. And match fit.

It could be HB Champagne Club.

If it is you are definitely going to be President :rolleyes:

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Let, I repeat....let the host choose the classes with no pressure.

You dont wanna race that class then that is OK.

I dont take part in truck class but I am not grizzling.

Munter I think this is all a bit tongue in cheek, so no need to be too serious. I guess the tone of internet postings are easy to mis-judge.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

We need variety for sure but the never ending quest for faster and faster ends up.............wingcar racing.

Slotcars are a kind of motorsport, and in most motorsport endeavours people are trying to go faster and faster. That's why rules are good. They limit what you can do, so then the challenge becomes to go as fast as possible within the rules. You could argue that even the slow classes are not running at scale speed, but then the cars are rarely scale accurate and the tracks/lap times are not to scale either. It's always going to be a compromise erring on the side of what is fun for the majority. Is there really a concern that RTR is going the way of metal chassis?

5 x National Champion

Nope no concern at all Craig. We all like speed dont we?

Anyway referring to my comment Munter . I think calling the Class Pre 65 Classics instead of Cartrix opens it to allow other cars pre 1965 to race. Thats all. What era is Cartrix? 1950s?

Looking at the muscle car class. Looking online at questions relating to what a muscles car is has implication I feel to what we are all racing with. What is a muscle car?

Have a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Craig we already have a Pre 65 class in which (I assume) you could race your Cartrix, but I don't think it would compete without modification, which would then exclude it from the Cartrix class. I think of it the same way as the Capri class, which can also race in 65-80, but occasionally we race just the Capris, in which other 65-80s are not allowed to compete. I quite like the subset classes because you get to see cars of similar style and era racing together.

So now i get the chance to stand on my soapbox and proclaim that while I don't always enjoy Cartrix, I DO SUPPORT ITS EXISTENCE (insert appropriate smiley)

Anyway, excellent muscle car list.....it has been updated since I last saw it. Good to see Pony cars are now listed as muscle car variants. The only discrepancy seems to be the Corvette.

Oh yeah....I see theyve got modern muscle cars in the list too, but I always think of muscle cars as produced in the 60s and 70s.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

AHA, so Camaros and Mustsangs aren't muscle cars either . . . . they're ponys for high school kids sick of catching the school bus.

My SCX 'Cuda should clean up, it'll be a solo time trial :lol:

• Upvote 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Pat you just need to look at the list here:

http://www.nzsca.co.nz/Rules2013/2013_Hard_Body_National_Rules_draft_3.doc

It is what is currently allowed by the national body.

JK

Ah Pat, I know you're a ford man, [sigh]; I know you're a Capri man first and foremost . . . . but the idea of calling a V6 Capri a muscle car is like offering a vegan a Wendy's double beef burger...... it just aint right you know.....

It doesn't come from the land where bigger is better, it is missing one pair of spark-plugs, and it doesn't have enough width to fit a bench seat and have you, your girl, your best mate and HIS girl, all side by side in the front seat, so you can hang yer arms out the windows and say "yeah, gidday mate"

But ultimately, I could handle the idea of ozzie muscle cars, starting with the E38 and E49, AND . . AND . . . yes, the "Shaker" (GTHO);

XB . . . . maybe, the "ozzie vauxhalls" in 3.3 and SLR5000 version...... I guess we'd have to.

But would four people Mac's size or my size fit in it????

About 40 odd years ago I used to drive a Chevrolet El Camino. It wasn't an SS but it had a bench seat for Africa.

More Muscle!!!!!

JK

JK, maybe needs a hummer with go-faster stripes for 4 of you guys

Pat, yeah right, missed that.

Gee Craig, never heard of those before. Next thing Pat will be off to S.A. on the scavenge trail to upgrade his own one.

Hopefully see everyone tonight if the body is up to it.

ps. Beware, the snake is back in town. His "handler" reckons they should be there.

I wouldn't be seen dead in a Hummer.

So wrong.

JK

Will try and sober up enough to make it tonight. I wouldn''t do this for most of you nit picking, class pressuring, speed freak mongrels.... but when the coolest dude in the club puts his hand up to host, it's time to go the extra distance.

Hold up! So much for that idea. You can't get off the train while it's still speeding.... Just accepted another dinner invite. See you girls next week.

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

run the cartrix class first so i can be latter,warming up the muscle car and sports car in the pie tin first.man u guys are too serious 4 me,its only slotcars get a grip,no big trophies here,and you dont want me gettin all serious on your asses now.

The older i get, the faster i was.