HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Need a holiday from WORK. As always I look forward to the night. I'm in another world

Mac has provided me with a respite care facility.....slotcars, friends, food.

As the smith says... another world. Just what the doctor ordered.

Very much appreciated Sir.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Another good night in the shed. Man there were some close dices in the pug classes. I'll do some more work on the Furys - but not too much.

Not sure what happened to my Scalex Jag last night. It was doing 6.5s in it's sleep awhile ago.... Still it shows you don't need a pod to be quick.

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Hey guys. T-Bone's on Thursday - come on man, give us some classes . . . .

This is probably our last night before Christmas, so just to make it like every other thing this time of year, how about we each bring a

"tipple and nibble" to share.

I do however refuse to wear those paper hat things. . . . :rolleyes:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Speaking of Scaley Jags, I finally found the one ive been after for almost a year. Brand new too, popped up on trademe just as I had resigned myself to paying far too much money to get one in from the States. Couldn't believe my luck. I may yet need a donor car as this one's getting some untested modifications.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

I had some playtime free this afternoon. This is how I spent it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjiMCn0MCc8

Just to gve a comparison of something we are familiar with - Lap times (without my glasses on ! ) at 12V on my track are easy 5.7s, and the odd high 5.6

My Pug is doing 5.8 something, and pretty hard to control at 12V on the small track.

On a larger track I suspect similar lap times. The Pug has a lot more motor power, but the Megane is a bit more drivable. The motor in the Megane is a boxer shape, but only 19,000RPM and 220g/cm at 12 volts, - so similar torque to the standard Flat-6 motor, but 1,500 less RPM.

The Pugs have a 23,000rpm motor, and a fair bit more torque.

NZRoscoe - your Pug is done. Smooth as a baby's bottom. I remembered that Spirit had a nice soft rubber tyre for these, so I left the stock tyres on it, just softened them a bit, and already near as much grip as the N22.

And then I sorted my Racer Capri. I had turned the timing off by then, but I think it is in the 5.4s now - about 0.1 off the times of that Nissan RAW I run in GT class.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

It's terribly quiet in here, you could hear a body screw drop.

Just 2 days till the final club meet for the year, are we going to turn up with grub and lubricant or not?

Mike - my thought was that we could plan to eat about 6.30, giving time for people to prepare, and get there if they are bringing hot stuff.

I'll bring some asian mini-savouries and dipping sauces.

Smithy there is a fush and chups shop just up the road.

Just need to get the PieGuy to look at the Forum now.......

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

roger that,yes its the last one for the year,and what a year it has been.thanx mark for the grub offer and smitty there is a fish and chip just down the road here about 200m away so all good there, good idea.brendon also texted me with a offer of fresh snapper so lets hope he gets them on the hook today in the coromandel.you go big white hunter yeah.jk stay away from those fush n chup places.makes your trigger finger greasy!

got some lubricant too 12yr old old socks in a bottle

Edited by pieguy

The older i get, the faster i was.

I don't know T-Bone, I recon socks in a bottle makes your trigger finger twitchy......

I better bring some red and/or white along B)

JK

2 should be enough, Others will bring stuff.

Heck, even as we speak, I see JK putting the finishing touches to a 2 metre diameter platter of the wonderful fare that his healthy employers import.

I can hear Mac's feet trampling grapes,

- which reminds me, you 2; come across the Portugese cork importer guy the last couple of months?, I am sure he'd be keen to come along if invited.

Snake is out in the shrubbery biting a couple of water-rats to kebab up, and if Brendon hasn't had the day we desire off the coast, - he can always take a lead from that New World advert of the father and son....

Viv, if you're reading this - did you come across my spool of braid. I thought I put it in the car last week, but I cannot for the life of me find it.....

hey smitty the ph no.at cape takeaways is 875-0251 english not so good but they have locals workin there.better get 3 scoops as they are a little on the small side.hope macs feet are clean ,and the fish is fresh,maybe viv used the braid for xmas tree decorations so he can run some of those cool cars of his up and around the old tree.hee hee ho ho ho.ive been savin these 12yr old socks just for u JK

got a new fly classic and its a flyer man

The older i get, the faster i was.

oops, I meant my spool of solder . . . I lost it somehow when I was installing Trackmate for him last week.

Oh yeah, BTW, Viv now has trackmate, with power relay control.

And I have sorted the Race Coordinator software for Trackmate now as well.

I had a bug last year, and I finally realised it was just an incorrect software setting for the particular race.

RC just allows for a few other tricks that the standard TM software doesn't have.

I haven't seen Alberico for over a year Mark but I'm pretty sure his office is still at or around WineWorks on James Rochfort Place, Hastings.

T-Bone, you are pretty Fly for a White Guy :ph34r:

JK