HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Hi Mike

as no-one has spoken up, includong vziv who was MEANT to be putting up classes to host last Friday, let's confirm that as a date at your place. However you may be the only person who owns a Japanese GT. We all got rid of ours when we stopped racing the class, (which never really got established) at Chris' Kennedy-Rd track when we were based there.

So you'll need to choose another class.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Huh? Pretty straight forward to me

pug 409 at 10volts

nascar late model as per national rules

scaley F1

Mike Had Japanese GT as onbe class, he must have edited it since I posted my comment.

Pugs it is !

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hey all, finally got back to take another swing at the rules. First I put the classes in alphabetical order, - so we can find them.

I liked what Craig . .craig . . . craig . . . er . . . some guy other than Craig Smith, whose name seems vaguely familiar, wrote about general rules as a pre-cursor, so have put that at top. I think good points to have up front.

Added a first swipe at Fly Classics- for the future, Changed Ninco pre '65 back to the original club name Classic Sports pre '65, and made a draft that would allow us to run some friendly stuff, from Munter's mighty A35, through the very early Fly ones, MRRC King Cobra like Mike used to run, etc.

Viv, Munter and Mac in particular should put in thoughts on this class. I have an idea of a slow, friendly class, but may have missed something, or the whole point entirely.

Fly Trucks - see gear replacement allowed, for same reason as we do the Capris. the Fly original gears are made from half-set margarine.

Group 5 - a first swing at it.

Revell Stockers - actually, all "stockers' of the era. first swing at it. We should take time to look at Pie-guy's ones on Thursday to get a better idea of what is out there.

Added a couple of details here and there to clarify tyres by name etc. I think we're pretty close.

It is a lot of classes, if we adopt some of the new proposed ones. But for those of us who have beeen around for some time, I think we need the opportunity to refresh and make changes. We just need to keep the good club ethos of loaning some cars to newer folk. However newbies may sometimes have to sit out a class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General Rules

- Changing braid, body and pod screws, axles spacers/washers, and lead wire are allowed in all classes

- Basic blueprinting, chassis straightening, gluing in of motor are allowed in all classes

- Front and rear tyres are not allowed to protrude outside of the wheel arches

- No foam tyres

- Weight tuning where applicable must be internal.

- If it isn't explicitly allowed, ITS NOT ALLOWED

CLASSES

Cartrix Historic GP Cars, Stock - apart from setting the front axle height, Body rock allowed. No weight.

Classic Scalextric F1. Scalextric cars as made in the 1970s. Stock motor, pinion, gear. Body float allowed. Chassis can be lowered by grinding off guide supports. NSR or Slot.it F1 tyres. Front axle can be tubed to set ride height. Guide swap allowed.

Classic Sports '65 - '80 No formal rules in place. Currently anything goes.

Classic Sports pre '65 – NC-1 or Ninco NC-8 Thruster motor, or similar S-can, ff050 or ff030 motor 16K rpm max. Body float ok. Body lightening ok. tyres max 8mm wide. Free axles, wheels and gears.

“Fly Classics” – The Fly brand Chevron, Porsche 908, 917, Flunder and variants, Lola T70, Ferrari 512S,

Stock everything, can be blueprinted. Tyres NSR ultra/supergrip, Slot.it F1.

Fly Ford Capri - stock Fly Racing 20K motor, Restricted gearing 9:28. Rear wheels and tyres free. Weight allowed.

Fly Trucks - Guide swap allowed. Weight allowed. Stock tyres and mechanics, except if crown gear fails, you may replace it with an aftermarket one with the same number of teeth (28?)

Group C - run to nationals rules. Essentially stock. Orange endbell, No weight. Slot it tyres, F22, N22, silicon

Group 5 – Primarily “Racerbrand Group 5 and IMSA series cars, weight allowed, and brace between motor and pod to stiffen it. Tyres allowed, stock (C1), N22 or F22; stock everything else.

Other model cars permitted by arrangement to add variety; not to make rocket-ships, or they’ll be dis-allowed.

GT - run to nationals rules. Open mods. Anything goes.

LMP –

Muscle Car - run to nationals rules. Open mods. Anything goes.

NASCAR - run to nationals rules. Stock everything. Body tight. No weight. The DPR wiring can be bypassed but the DPR clip box must remain.

Peugeot 406 "silhouette" – Spirit wide body Peugeot. Stock except rear tyre free. Motor bracing allowed. No weight.

Revell Stockers - or any stockers of that era, like the Galaxy, Plymouth, Charger, Fairlane, plus those Carrera Torinos, original motor or replacement 18K S-can motor maximum, (eg Scalex, Hawk) May be lowered and lightened. Wheels and gears free but 8mm max width tyres, urethane or Cartrix historic F1.

Saloons

V8 Supercars - Stock motor /gears / wheels / guide. Weight and body float allowed. No lowering. Tyres open.

Ya Viv, we thought you were too. But you hadn't posted up classes, so Mike (who wasn't there last week), stepped up, thinking he needed to.... we're not fussy . . . . We'll plunder your kitchen next week dribble.gif

Meanwhile, back at the coal face, 3 class cars ready, plus my Capri ship-shape, both Revell Stockers tuned, muscle car gear mesh sorted, GT40 body put back together. . . . sheesh, I'm a machine . . track hasn't been touched in days though

I think Chris had already offered to host next week. He was going to host this week but has a track day on Friday.

Anyway, regarding the rules......looking solid but a few comments

Classic Sports pre '65 – NC-1 or Ninco NC-8 Thruster motor, or similar S-can, ff050 or ff030 motor 16K rpm max. Body float ok. Body lightening ok. tyres max 8mm wide. Free axles, wheels and gears.

Are nationals cars allowed? If so, maybe allow weight to be added to this class as nationals cars may already have weight added.

“Fly Classics” – The Fly brand Chevron, Porsche 908, 917, Flunder and variants, Lola T70, Ferrari 512S,

Fly gears are notoriously flimsy....are replacements readily available? When replacing gears do you have to buy the whole rear axle assembly? Maybe pinion and spur could be changed. Pretty sure Mac has done this to most of his Fly classics. Also why slot.it F1 tyre specifically? No compound? Sounds more like an open tyre class.

Cartrix Historic GP Cars and Classic Scalextric F1

We should specify the maximum front and rear axle width (including wheels). Basically as they came from factory or close to it.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Good points Craig. I added some replies in green, below each of your comments.

I think Chris had already offered to host next week. He was going to host this week but has a track day on Friday.

Anyway, regarding the rules......looking solid but a few comments

Are nationals cars allowed? If so, maybe allow weight to be added to this class as nationals cars may already have weight added.

Yep, of course they are and good point, should add that.

Fly gears are notoriously flimsy....are replacements readily available? When replacing gears do you have to buy the whole rear axle assembly? Maybe pinion and spur could be changed. Pretty sure Mac has done this to most of his Fly classics. Also why slot.it F1 tyre specifically? No compound? Sounds more like an open tyre class.

Good point, on the gears, I overlooked this. Gears aren't freely available, and you do have to buy a whole rear assembly.

I have done the same gear replacement to a couple of mine. On the tyres, we have mostly either used NSR Ultlra/Super-grips, or on some of mine I used Indygrips (silicons). Only reason I added the Slot.it F1 tyres, was an option instead of the NSRs, which are not freely available here now, and are getting expensive. Maybe we need to kick this whole area round some more.

Cartrix Historic GP Cars and Classic Scalextric F1

We should specify the maximum front and rear axle width (including wheels). Basically as they came from factory or close to it.

Yep, we should. We talked about this a while back didn't we . . . I forgot. Maybe next week, if we all bring them to club, even if we don't race them; we can throw a set of calipers over a pile of them, and decide on max front and rear widths

ooooooooops, Craig who? HEY !!! you should come to club sometime, it's really fun, and we promise to go slow so you can keep up :lol::D:P

The Spirit 406 Silhouettes as discussed or another house class?

pat - I know a guy with few spare Pugs..... He sells them at cost (well below cost actually) for club members. What a guy!

Holler if you want one.

Mac

That sounds great Mac. If you could bring one along tomorrow if you are going that would be fantastic.

Cheers

Pat

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Sorry Boys, can't make it tonight.

Looks like Le serpent and Le Mangouste will have to battle out the Froggy title without my interjections B)

A l'amour. A la guerre. Legionnaire!

Edited by j2theK

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion