HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

I vote 65-80, i'm itching to race my MKII.......Stock standard with F22s - 6.53 seconds on yellow lane at Macs yesterday. Bit slow for my liking though. Needs NSRs or I might try some N22s.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Slow day at work for me - i've ordered one of those Fly Renault 5s I posted a few pages back. Should be here in a day or two. If I can get it running sweet i'll order another 3 and we'll have a house class. The livery colours are a perfect match to Mac and Marks tracks (and maybe Vivs) - White, Blue, Red and Yellow.

5 x National Champion

Hi Craig

sounds brill.

Okay, classes for Thursday.

1 - Cartix Historic GP cars

2 - 65 - 80 sports - Craig has his wish

3 - A fun class race. "Anythung ya wanna put on track" BUT - with a minimum lap time of 6.6 seconds. So for the quick guys, that may be a Cartix, or Ninco classic. Munter might bring the mighty A35 to play, Viv might have something from his super-interesting department. Someone else who isn't so quick might put a Fly classic, or a Ninco Saloon on track...... if you run a lap below the breakout of 6.6, it just doesn't register....

for the last class, I'd suggest you get the contender on track for some practice laps as soon as you get here, to check what it circulates at, so you have someting you can lap in the 6.6 to 6.8 mark consistently.

First class start 7pm as usual. If you miss by 5 minutes we can add you as "Late Racer" - after that, you're toast for the first class.

We can run all these classes at 12V.

2 or 3 minute heats depending upon numbers.

mrs slotsnz has resigned herself to joining the catering industry, so something to prop up the troops will roll out after the first class.

If you want any fancy drinks, those who don't host can bring 'em, otherwise it's tannin & cafeine - and the cheap plonk let over from mother's 90th yesterday...... we won't drink it, and Mac would probably fine me for having such stuff in the house.

and I must add, why didn't we run this through forum years ago . . . . it's working really well

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

The Renault has landed. What's the usual routine when replacing the rear end. Bushes, axle, spur and wheels? Can I get a slot.it spur onto a fly axle? Can I use the original wheels on a slot.it axle? I prefer to keep the original wheels to avoid having to make inserts. Also does anyone have a pair of NSR 20x10 for small hubs?

The chassis is quite narrow, and the body/interior is heavy so I will most likely add alot of weight down low, which might lead to a repowering with an NSR 20k. Great looking cars tho. Should have it tuned by thursday night.

5 x National Champion

My standard set up is to put Slot in 19mm 36th gear and keep the original fly pinion - assuming it's metal. You may have to drill out the gear to get it over the axle.

I usually just use the original axle, wheels and bushes. The original wheels can be used with a slot it axle - just use more glue. It seems to work!

On my track this setup for FLY sidewinders does 7.5 - 7.8s - so good for a house class. No need to upgrade motors in my view.

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Gentlemen, ladies, boys and girls, hard-tails, and anyone I overlooked . . . it is nearly time to start your engines again.

In case my last post slipped past your eagle gaze, culinary services have been initiated at the Oakland masterchef kitchen, it's basically hot nibble sfor supper, but if anyone is coming straight from work, and has the appetite for what our ozzie friends affectionately refer to as "mystery boxes"; I did hit the Good Time Pies in house shop pretty hard this morning, (about 10kg hard); so speak now, and I'll throw some full size "boxes" into the oven with the finger food tomorrow evening.

"no roo or glue was used in the making of these boxes" :)

and the riddle for tomorrow night is this who is "the most intrepid passenger in club" ?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Cant make it again tonight,really annoyed,but have another commitment, will try and get rid of all our overseas visitors and get a clean run for the future,

have a great nights racing,R5 s are great fun,have a fly and aTeam slot(had a real one once,but that was a distant nightmare)

Viv

Edited by viv

He's owned more cars than most of us have had hot dinners, now he's working on the 1/32nd equivalent.

He's just been round John, remind me to give you an envelope he left here for you.

So last night Munter made the suggestion we create a class of Slot.it classics. Two questions came to my mind this morning. Does this then make them ineligible for the 65-80 class? (I would think yes) and what do we do about NSR classics? Include them with the Slot.it class or let them dominate 65-80?

5 x National Champion

Maybe we dont do anything because the Slotit classics are eligible for 65 - 80 so let this class develop and see what people run...It will be hard to beat those two GT40's.

I'm going to break out my Chapparal kit sometime soon, hopefully that will do it.

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I would keep the 65-80 class and include the NSR classics. That way there is a real range of cars that people can buy to use. But in saying that its an in house class that we were discussing werent we?

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

I would keep the 65-80 class and include the NSR classics. That way there is a real range of cars that people can buy to use. But in saying that its an in house class that we were discussing werent we?

NSR classics are already included. The problem is that NSR, and slot.it cars will always dominate 65-80. Avant slot is another make that offer very fast podded cars that fit into 65-80. By putting podded cars into their own class it would allow people to race some of the other makes and models out there that might not otherwise be competitive.

5 x National Champion

Okay guys. Viv has allowed me to pick the classes.

F1

Muscle cars

GT/Pugs.

Would like to have the Ninco classics verses the Cartrix. So if anyone wants to agree on this last one then we drop one of the three above

cheers

Craig

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Okay guys. Viv has allowed me to pick the classes.

F1

Muscle cars

GT/Pugs.

Would like to have the Ninco classics verses the Cartrix. So if anyone wants to agree on this last one then we drop one of the three above

cheers

Craig

Or why not live on the edge for one night and race 4 classes *gasp* :ph34r:

5 x National Champion

I don't have any of those classes in one piece ...... <_<

now why am I not surprised . . .

I'll loan you a scaley mini for GT class, and a cartrix for F1 class . . :lol:

now if you built your flaming track, you could nominate classes where you had cars intact . . .

in all seriousness, there are enough pugs and F1s to sink a ship round club, we'll knobble something suitably for you to drive.

I should have my new Cartix ready in time, so my Gordini will be available.

- Mac - if you read this, could you bring your Revell Stocker, I'm keen to see how our parallel developments paths are working out.