Bathurst Track.

racinjason

Its been a while since the last post about our track a few things have changed. We are now building a mezzanine in the end of the workshop this will give us a 9m x 4m area to build a track, so this image is the final design its 31.14m long the difference between lane lengths is 41mm the lane spacing is 120mm the inside spacing is 70mm & on the outside of the turns is 160mm. At the bottom there is room for a drag strip at a later stage. What height seems standard, we are thinking 700mm & are going to make triangle style legs out of ply also we are thinking of some banking on some of the turns what do you think is the best angle. Thanks for any feedback I should start building the floor soon purlins are ordered I'll start posting progress photos soon.

cheers Jason.

IMAG0214-1-1.jpg

• 4 years later...

Yep Popdog... I agree... that was my first impression also. I dont know where jason is placing the track in the room but to make it more space efficient and improve marshalling I recommend you slam both straights against a wall above each other. This way when you go around the donut you climb up and over the main straight. It will then pull the "finger" corner away from the drivers panel for better visability and give room to walk into the middle of the track area. You may have to also slightly increase the gap between the donut and the drivers panel corner. Look up the fairly universal "Kingleman" hill climb tracks on several of the U.S. sites. Im sure Garry Gerding has built several.

Err.. just noticed Popdog, we're commenting on a very old post.. Jason posted this in 2012!

comment still stands as I am looking at building my third track and like the layout .........my first track three lanes used all of one bay of my double garage .......my second track of two lanes was hinged to the wall so we could get some more garage room when needed .....I am hoping and planning for m third track to be suspended from the roof trusses with a power winch system